Meeting cancellations

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Meeting cancellations

Post by JonMad »

Secretary / Executive Assistant. A friend/colleague has recently been promoted and now has an Assistant. I shall have to ask him now what it is that she does for him.

My current experience with meetings are not that they get cancelled, just that there are very often double bookings for people, which probably leads to more meetings being needed, and repeat.
Left over crest; tightens.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

It's not just office dwellers that are idiotic like this. A few months ago, I was sent to site over 200 miles away to put some digital prints on some doors. The job was booked in weeks in advance & I rang to check all was good the day before.

When I got to site. No doors. Not been delivered yet - probably tomorrow.

I've had it with windows & even walls before. Staggering.

Customers not turning up is annoying too - especially when you've booked a van in for an install. When they eventually answer their phone an hour after they were supposed to drop it off, you get 'sorry mate, was called away and I needed the van'

:evil:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
GG.

Post by GG. »

tim wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:38 pm I once traveled to Docklands office of a client to find *everyone* on the project had decided to WFH that day. FFS!
That wasn't an accident ;)
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JonMad wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:55 am Secretary / Executive Assistant. A friend/colleague has recently been promoted and now has an Assistant. I shall have to ask him now what it is that she does for him.
I had a PA in one job (shared with 3 others) and had no idea what to do with her. I think in the end I got her to do my monthly expenses a couple of times.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

I simply fail to turn up, ask that any calls from the attendee be put to voicemail and hide until I’m reasonably confident the person has left the building.

I then send an email asking where they are as I’ve been waiting on them for quite some time.

Works a treat.