People that crash in to your car and drive off

drcarlos

Re: People that crash in to your car and drive off

Post by drcarlos »

Brannen wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:48 am Security is checking through the CCTV, and said they should be able to find something. So will see what they come back with.

I'll have to get a quote to see how much it will cost to repair. I think my excess is £150, so not massive, but if it's going to be cheapish, I'd consider just paying to get it done myself.

I've not reported it to my insurance company yet, as was waiting to see if there was any CCTV footage.

Rich - I live in Portsmouth, so depending on where in Surrey, it's not that far away. I will check to see if anyone I know knows anything more local though.
Fingers crossed they have it. Can't see that person having a job at month end if they have been caught doing that.

Carl.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Cuntyness of the highest order. Hope you find out who did it!!!!
Barry

Post by Barry »

We've had minor scrapes in the office carpark and they wouldn't release CCTV footage to the victims, privacy laws and stuff. CCTV is there to protect the Company, they don't GAF about the staff property :(
Richard

Post by Richard »

Barry wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:41 pm We've had minor scrapes in the office carpark and they wouldn't release CCTV footage to the victims, privacy laws and stuff. CCTV is there to protect the Company, they don't GAF about the staff property :(
Can’t you report it to the police? There’s got to be a crime in there somewhere - driving without due care and attention? Leaving the scene of an accident?

“And yes, there’s CCTV, but the company who own it say they won’t release it to me.” Etc
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Richard wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:06 am
Barry wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:41 pm We've had minor scrapes in the office carpark and they wouldn't release CCTV footage to the victims, privacy laws and stuff. CCTV is there to protect the Company, they don't GAF about the staff property :(
Can’t you report it to the police? There’s got to be a crime in there somewhere - driving without due care and attention? Leaving the scene of an accident?

“And yes, there’s CCTV, but the company who own it say they won’t release it to me.” Etc
Failing to report an accident to police where injuries have occurred or property has been damaged is an offence, but unless there's evidence to easily identify an offender there's not much the police will do. They're not going to go full CSI on every car in the car park until they get a paint match.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Richard

Post by Richard »

I get that, but if it’s on CCTV, that should be different. Police love CCTV
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

I did report it to the police, but had no evidence when I submitted the report. So I doubt anything will come of that.

The security team said to me yesterday they had permission to review the tapes, but I've not heard anything back as of yet. I went an had a look around near where I parked, and there was 2 cameras about 10 car parking spaces away from where I had parked. So I'm hoping they can find something...

Also got recommended a local repair shop that's about 5 minutes from me, so going to go and ask them to see how much it's going to cost to fix.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I'd be tempted to walk around the car park looking for damage on black cars to find the culprit
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

Small update... I've had an email saying they've not found anything.

I went and asked yesterday as hadn't heard anything, and one person said they'd checked, but didn't find anything. Someone else said that the feed from the camera was broken or something wasn't working which meant they couldn't access the server where the footage is stored. So basically sounds like I've been fobbed off.

There's 2 cameras 10 spaces away from where I parked my car, so they must just be for show...

Useless!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

<conspiracyTheory>someone in the security team crashed into you</conspiracyTheory>

Have you sent out a company wide email to try and shame someone into coming forward?
Left over crest; tightens.
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

I know, it's not very good. I really want to reply what's the point of the CCTV then. But better judgement has said that might be a little silly.

I asked my manager about doing that, but he wanted to check what should be done, as said it's probably a sackable offence. So putting it on the message board might not go down too well.

Going to go to the local repair shop hopefully tomorrow and see how much it's going to cost to fix.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

"Can anyone who DIDN'T drive into my car the other day, please make yourselves known".

Sorted. 8-)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s ok, they’ll probably get fucked over by karma.
How about not having a sig at all?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

That’s absolutely shit. I hope you find who did it.

A few years back I saw a brand new BMW get driven into, it was within a week of the new number plate coming out and this car was sporting one so the poor owner had probably owned it a few days at most. One of the subcontinent colleagues drove in to the car park on his phone, passenger in the car not helping at all and palmed the steering wheel round to park it. He managed to do in the rear bumper first then kept going by just applying more revs, rear three quarter panel, rear wheel, rear door, sill, passenger door, wing, front wheel and front bumper of the BMW. He got out the car, still on the phone, and looked down the side of the BMW turned to his passenger, shrugged and walked off.

Utter cunt.

Edit to add: note duly left on the windscreen of the damaged car.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

My brand new CTR got knocked on the day I got it in the works (shared with a restaurant) car park. I saw the guy and reported the numberplate but he’d gone by the time I got out. Police did nothing.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Can you get work to pay for the damage, no insurance involved?
Simon

Post by Simon »

"Owners park their car at their own risk, blah de blah"
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

This thread is forcing me to remember that some **** drove into Mrs mik’s f-pace when it was <36 hrs old. And fooked off. Costing me £1100.

I am about to invoice Brannen for additional counselling g.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I did my bit last week. Was sat in a supermarket car park waiting for the wife. Saw some dopey old mare bump a car on the way into a space and then walk off. Took photos and went back to my car and 5mins later the owners of the bumped car appeared - they worked at the supermarket.

Told them and they seemed mildly annoyed at the damage. They then sat their for 10mins and in that time the old woman came back. I was all cued for some words and hopefully shouting.

They didn't get out of their car or say a thing.

Then I remembered I was in Cornwall and no one gives a fvck about the state of their car down there, or getting in a stress about anything. :lol:
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

Got the quote back, and it's £950 basically. The wing is bent slightly, meaning it doesn't sit flush any more, plus the guy reckoned the bumper needed replacing, as that's got a kink in it. I could probably get a repair done, but I don't want it to be a shitty job.

I'm basically stuck with going down the insurance route now, as don't really want to pay that much out of pocket to fix it.

And sorry Mik, I feel the pain currently!