Is the Gashqai the new c*nts car?

tim

Re: Is the Gashqai the new c*nts car?

Post by tim »

Simon wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:30 ambut I had no where to go. And in a situation like that, it's the person who's joining's job to filter into the space on the motorway.
You could have eased off and given him the space to join, moved into lane 2 behind the car that was slowly overtaking you, and carried on. Or better still anticipated this situation (being overtaken slowly whilst approaching a slip road) and made space for someone which you had not yet seen to appear into. A situation you might reasonably expect to happen.

"nowhere to go" is almost never true.

Just my 2p with my RoSPA tutor hat on. :)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

tim wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:52 pm "nowhere to go" is almost never true.
No truer word posted.

The problem with holier than thou posts like this is that we remember your crashes, Tim :lol:
tim

Post by tim »

Holier than thou - or free advice from an accredited RoSPA gold standard Tutor. Take your pick which I don't care too much, it just pings my radar when I see people complaining about situations that are easily avoided and then blaming the third party for it.

It's pretty basic stuff to do everything you can to avoid being the meat in a sandwich, even if it means admitting you have a tiny penis and slowing down a bit temporarily. <shrug>
evostick

Post by evostick »

Rospa trained riders are fucking rubbish. I'm always faster on the roads than those cunts.
tim

Post by tim »

evostick wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:41 pm Rospa trained riders are fucking rubbish. I'm always faster on the roads than those cunts.
Fight me.
evostick

Post by evostick »

I've probably already overtaken you on the road a few times.

I'm the fastest ever.
tim

Post by tim »

I let you win.
evostick

Post by evostick »

You were probably trained not to overtake on that solid white. Even though it was safe to do so.
tim

Post by tim »

I painted the line mofo.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

tim wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:35 pm Holier than thou - or free advice from an accredited RoSPA gold standard Tutor. Take your pick which I don't care too much, it just pings my radar when I see people complaining about situations that are easily avoided and then blaming the third party for it.

It's pretty basic stuff to do everything you can to avoid being the meat in a sandwich, even if it means admitting you have a tiny penis and slowing down a bit temporarily. <shrug>
I get where this is coming from, the driving standards are incredibly low but they shouldn’t be and if people drove to the standard accordingly they wouldn’t have needed to take avoiding action.

However, the ROSPA way is much better because having done the course I know the more important thing to me is keeping out of trouble for the sake of a bit of thought :D
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

evostick wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:41 pm Rospa trained riders are fucking rubbish. I'm always faster on the roads than those cunts.
:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

You’re taught to drive the way Simon has explained. The driving instructors here essentially tell you to drive passively and let the cars around you find their own gap as much as possible, and you shouldn’t let people out at junctions etc. Of course most people end up driving with more awareness and respect once they pass but I imagine autonomous cars won’t bother either which will make the future interesting. I was behind a Tesla Model S as we were on a slip road entering a busy dual carriageway (but still moving at 30ish) and it just ended up braking to a complete stop :shock: No idea if the car had a brain fart in autonomous mode or the driver...
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

tim wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:35 pm Holier than thou - or free advice from an accredited RoSPA gold standard Tutor. Take your pick which I don't care too much, it just pings my radar when I see people complaining about situations that are easily avoided and then blaming the third party for it.

It's hard to argue with your other post Tim, but sorry that bit in bold - I'm blaming him because it was his fault.

Sure, I could've braked a bit and then moved out, but look at the junction where it happened:
M6T.png
M6T.png (172.35 KiB) Viewed 2672 times
I'm heading N£ there with cruise on at a constant speed, the Nissan is joining from Birmingham Road and would've gone around the corner to join the M6 Toll, SEEN ME as he rounded the corner, accelerated to joining speed and then literally positioned his car next to mine on the slip. That is fucking terrible driving where he'd just expected the motorway to be clear when he got to it without actually checking. Yes, when the situation occurs we BOTH could've done something to sort it out, but he created it. It was his fault, period. I'm not going to keep doing a lifesaver over my left shoulder constantly when I'm going past a junction like that and thanks to the angles he didn't even appear in my LH wing mirror.

And I'll reiterate, I usually do try and accommodate people joining the motorway at junctions, but I'm not going to be a fricking dancing chicken constantly just so every other dickhead can behave with impunity.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I would add "any Vauxhall" into the "Driven by Cuntz" category.
Marv

Post by Marv »

tim wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:13 am I really liked the one I had, it was better built than the Toyota I suffered from sometime after. Tw*ts drive all sorts of cars <shrug>
I had a Qashqai hire car last year. They're okay, but the Toyota RAV4 I hired a few weeks later, was much better in every way.
Oui, je suis un motard.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Simon wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:11 pm

It's hard to argue with your other post Tim, but sorry that bit in bold - I'm blaming him because it was his fault.

Sure, I could've braked a bit and then moved out, but look at the junction where it happened:

M6T.png

I'm heading N£ there with cruise on at a constant speed, the Nissan is joining from Birmingham Road and would've gone around the corner to join the M6 Toll, SEEN ME as he rounded the corner, accelerated to joining speed and then literally positioned his car next to mine on the slip. That is fucking terrible driving where he'd just expected the motorway to be clear when he got to it without actually checking. Yes, when the situation occurs we BOTH could've done something to sort it out, but he created it. It was his fault, period. I'm not going to keep doing a lifesaver over my left shoulder constantly when I'm going past a junction like that and thanks to the angles he didn't even appear in my LH wing mirror.

And I'll reiterate, I usually do try and accommodate people joining the motorway at junctions, but I'm not going to be a fricking dancing chicken constantly just so every other dickhead can behave with impunity.
That does sound thoroughly reasonable to me. Does ROSPA actually state that you always have to submit to the thoughtlessness of others? I would have thought that the car on the road has right of way to the car joining the road, is this not right?
Marv

Post by Marv »

I quite like RoSPA's definition of advanced driving/riding:
Some TUAC wrote:"The ability to control the position and speed of the vehicle safely, systematically and smoothly using road and traffic conditions to make reasonable progress unobtrusively, with skill and responsibility. This requires a positive but courteous attitude and a high standard of driving competence based on concentration, effective all round observation, anticipation and planning co-ordinated with good handling skills. The vehicle should always be at the right place on the road at the right time, travelling at the right speed with the correct gear engaged and can always be stopped safely in the distance that can be seen to be clear."
Oui, je suis un motard.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

What utter bollocks. It should read "anyone in a car smaller, slower or cheaper than the one you're in submits right of way to you at all times". The end.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:14 am What utter bollocks. It should read "anyone in a car smaller, slower or cheaper than the one you're in submits right of way to you at all times". The end.
I’m disappointed to learn that you capitulate to drivers of faster or more expensive cars.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Simon wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:11 pm

M6T.png

But you saw him too, right?

I always do a lifesaver when passing a slip road. But then, on a bike, it’s called a lifesaver for a reason.

Would you rather be right or dead?
Middle-aged Dirtbag