Is the Gashqai the new c*nts car?

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Is the Gashqai the new c*nts car?

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:51 am Good heavens no Richard as that would be illegal in this country!!
;)

Here in a month is the current plan.
cough...ahem... oh yeah of course...
Richard

Post by Richard »

A car that a moron would choose to buy, being driven by a moron...
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

My over riding memory of the quasquai is that one was owned by one of the other cubs parents and I was once tasked with giving their gobby kid a lift to some event with my boy. This was in my Saab 9-3 Aero after it had been mapped, said child then informed me that the quasquai was faster. I was tempted to prove the point for though better than that as I’d rather not have to meet the parents of such a special child. The quasquai now has a special hatred from me.

Carl
Barry

Post by Barry »

What everyone said.

I just came to reiterate previously stated thoughts on such things, I really can't stand most people, I am surrounded by moron's.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

I own one so, yes.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Barry wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:03 pm What everyone said.

I just came to reiterate previously stated thoughts on such things, I really can't stand most people, I am surrounded by moron's.
Like people who don't understand how apostrophes work?

(I've had a shitty day, MOT pass notwithstanding)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Beany wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:05 pm
Barry wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:03 pm What everyone said.

Like people who don't understand how apostrophes work?

(I've had a shitty day, MOT pass notwithstanding)
I really, don't, "GAF."
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

drcarlos wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:19 pm My over riding memory of the quasquai is that one was owned by one of the other cubs parents and I was once tasked with giving their gobby kid a lift to some event with my boy. This was in my Saab 9-3 Aero after it had been mapped, said child then informed me that the quasquai was faster. I was tempted to prove the point for though better than that as I’d rather not have to meet the parents of such a special child. The quasquai now has a special hatred from me.

Carl
My wife’s friends kid said exactly the same and they had a Qashqai +.

I left the soft play area with the front left tyre spinning like a top and 2 children pinned to their seats in the back. For the rest of the drive home every car in front was winning and we had to catch up or we would lose. It is our role in life to inform children that noise, speed, considerate driving and enjoying it are important.

If not, we will be driven round in our old age by our kids in electric blandmobiles being educated on how apple car play syncs with their cerebellum directly and they can order Guava and Avacado without having to go to a shop.

Make noise, educate!

Oh and the Qashqai is a plastic badly made piece of junk, my body shop running friend hates them as normally when something is removed it snaps and costs a fortune to replace.

Ford Kugas have a special talent where the ride is both hard and full of bodyroll, I’ve had a few A’s here cars and hate them. Considering the Fiesta is a lovely thing I don’t understand how they got it so wrong.

Dave!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

My sister has just bought a nearly new Qashqai (65 plate, top spec). She's actually a pretty decent driver in my opinion. I sat in it and it all seems to wrap around the driver quite nicely.

My brother in law has just got a leased Juke. Now those, I don't like at all.
Left over crest; tightens.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

A mate is currently driving a Qashqai against his will. His fiance has written her car off and a friend has lent them this car but he reckons it's far too shit to let her drive it so she's using his Passat. It's a 1st gen one and he reckons it's probably never been serviced and that with only 110k miles on the clock it's a rolling scrapheap and "the worst car I've ever driven".
Middle-aged Dirtbag
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Bloke at work decided he wanted one, spent 6 months looking for the perfect example. Finally found one and paid well over the odds for a last of the line old shape ones.

After a week he decided he hated it, has had no end of niggles with things randomly stopping working and annoying rattles.

However the trade in values he's been offered have been so absurd he's decided to put up with it for a year or so to try and get some use out of the money he's piled in :lol:
Cheers, Harry
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:14 pm However the trade in values he's been offered have been so absurd he's decided to put up with it for a year or so to try and get some use out of the money he's piled in :lol:
Just checked wbac for my sister's one: £11k, so about £2k less than she paid for it from a non-main dealer, which is probably about par for the course.
Left over crest; tightens.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Are these poorly dressed up Renault's like the trucks or just Nissan being cheap these days?
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Blame the workers at the Sunderland plant?

I quite like ours as it's been cheap throwaway motoring while the kids have been going through the stage of wrecking everything. I couldn't have a posh car and young kids. They drive pretty well, cheap to buy, cheap to own, it's not really an wonder they sell well. Will probably try to get another year out of it before moving on, when we're mortgage-free.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

JonMad wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:03 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:14 pm However the trade in values he's been offered have been so absurd he's decided to put up with it for a year or so to try and get some use out of the money he's piled in :lol:
Just checked wbac for my sister's one: £11k, so about £2k less than she paid for it from a non-main dealer, which is probably about par for the course.
Oh, I don't think it's an issue in general, more that he paid well over the odds for a 'nice' example in the old shape.
Cheers, Harry
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Barry wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:04 pm Are these poorly dressed up Renault's like the trucks or just Nissan being cheap these days?
That's as I understood it. Hence why they don't work very well.
tim

Post by tim »

I really liked the one I had, it was better built than the Toyota I suffered from sometime after. Tw*ts drive all sorts of cars <shrug>

Still, I'd lump people who are belligerent about letting people join the motorway into the same category...
Simon

Post by Simon »

tim wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:13 am I really liked the one I had, it was better built than the Toyota I suffered from sometime after. Tw*ts drive all sorts of cars <shrug>

Still, I'd lump people who are belligerent about letting people join the motorway into the same category...
:lol:

Just for clarity, I didn't deliberately stop him joining. By virtue of the slip road design he appeared beside me (but as he came from perpendicular to the motorway he'd have seen me first), but I had no where to go. And in a situation like that, it's the person who's joining's job to filter into the space on the motorway.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

tim wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:13 am I really liked the one I had, it was better built than the Toyota I suffered from sometime after. Tw*ts drive all sorts of cars <shrug>

why did you buy such awful cars?
tim

Post by tim »

Because I never sought your advice first I guess, and just bought what I wanted at the time for reasons I was happy with at the time.

The QQ was a fine family car and suited our needs perfectly. But then it had something approaching a proper engine (2.0 tdi) and went pretty well. I can't imagine how shit the 7 seater versions are with a 1.2 petrol or whatever they're putting in them now.