Is the Gashqai the new c*nts car?

Simon

Is the Gashqai the new c*nts car?

Post by Simon »

I'd long suspected that the Gashqai was attracting a certain type of absolutely throbber with some of the driving I've seen near home, and as it's currently the third best selling car in the UK it's inevitable that it's gonna attract a high number of people who are unable to, for example, use a public toilet correctly. Today's example seems only to confirm this.

I'm on my way up to Liverpool to see a customer. I always allow plenty of time when I come up here so I'm pootling along the M6 Toll with cruise on, in the inside lane. At a junction half way along I have a car to my right in the middle lane who's barely crawling past me. The junction has one of those joining slip roads where the lane seems to sweep left from being perpendicular to the motorway to turn to be alongside it. There's one of these specimens driving his faux-by-four along the slip who wants to join the motorway and at the last minute suddenly realises that I'm there. Normally I try and accommodate people joining by moving over to the middle lane in plenty of time, only I can't because of the car to my right. Nissan man doesn't seem to appreciate that it's his job rather than mine to modulate his speed to match and fit into the existing motorway traffic, and that the dotted white line at the end of the slip represents a 'give-way'. He brakes late, pulls in close behind me and starts flashing and being aggressive before he clocks that I'm a wee bit taller than him and when I suggest that he might like to pleasure his minuscule stump regularly, with the ingenious and never-before-used use of hand signals in the rear view mirror.

He soon gets on his way to play 'M6 Toll police roulette' and I'm left wondering which Christmas cracker his driving license had come in.

Tl;dr. Gashqai drivers; Are they all bell-ends or what?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
JLv3.0

Re: Is the Gashqai the new c*nts car?

Post by JLv3.0 »

Most people aren't very good at driving and when their shortcomings are made public, they normally do not possess either the knowledge required to analyse their shortcomings nor the willingness to self-critique - the result being the inability to formulate any other reaction other than the transferal of blame onto others.

aka people are cunts, don't worry about it. Doesn't matter what sort of car they're in.
Simon

Post by Simon »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:38 am Most people aren't very good at driving and when their shortcomings are made public, they normally do not possess either the knowledge required to analyse their shortcomings nor the willingness to self-critique - the result being the inability to formulate any other reaction other than the transferal of blame onto others.

aka people are cunts, don't worry about it. Doesn't matter what sort of car they're in.
Now just you stop that with your reasoned argument and logical thinking.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

OK.

:)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

It’s the quintessential car for people who don’t care one jot about driving. These people will have owned at least one over-specced base model Vauxhall in their life too.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It's an appliance, not a car, a transportation device to get from A to B whilst listening to Radio 2. It attracts people who were able to make the minimum standard to gain a driving licence on a specific day and whose driving standards have deteriorated ever since because they simply do not ascribe any value to it beyond getting to work and back. They are cushioned from the world outside and oblivious to the damage they can cause if it goes wrong. They are unobservant, lack the skills to read the road and traffic and plan ahead accordingly.

I, for one, can't wait for self-driving cars to remove these people from any kind of control of a vehicle.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Every letter of that.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:56 am It's an appliance, not a car, a transportation device to get from A to B whilst listening to Radio 2. It attracts people who were able to make the minimum standard to gain a driving licence on a specific day and whose driving standards have deteriorated ever since because they simply do not ascribe any value to it beyond getting to work and back. They are cushioned from the world outside and oblivious to the damage they can cause if it goes wrong. They are unobservant, lack the skills to read the road and traffic and plan ahead accordingly.

I, for one, can't wait for self-driving cars to remove these people from any kind of control of a vehicle.
yup
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I find it amazing that you can buy a new one for £15,000 after discounts.
How about not having a sig at all?
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Round here, it seems every cunt drives a Kuga.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I find Mazda CX-5 owners to be surprisingly aggressive.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Oh, and current gen Kia Sportage drivers think they're God's gift.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

So basically any "I just want my car to fit my shopping and offspring inside" type of car then. Nothing to see here.

My ex and co-parent can't wait for the LC to be her daily :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Golf Rs and S3s.

I've never seen so many examples of one car driven by so many fucking wankers.

Are S3s cheap to lease too? Might explain a lot....

(that's not a snipe at anyone on here - just an observation)
Simon

Post by Simon »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:56 am It's an appliance, not a car, a transportation device to get from A to B whilst listening to Radio 2. It attracts people who were able to make the minimum standard to gain a driving licence on a specific day and whose driving standards have deteriorated ever since because they simply do not ascribe any value to it beyond getting to work and back. They are cushioned from the world outside and oblivious to the damage they can cause if it goes wrong. They are unobservant, lack the skills to read the road and traffic and plan ahead accordingly.

Oh goody, someone who shares my world view.

Look, I know that there are good and bad drivers in most brands of car, but let's face it that some brands seem to attract the dross more than others.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I can't comment on her driving, but a damn fine lass I once met had one.
Qashqunts and Jukes seem to be the weapons of choice for foglight wankers for sure. Qashqunt lights annoy me anyway; the front >< drls as sidelights are too bright, brighter and a different colour to the headlights, and the rear lower outer leds are brighter than t'others and it all just looks rather clunky and poo.

It seems the backlash against ye olde non indicating BMW gag is that people now indicate thinking it means you have to do anything and everything to accommodate them. I had an old chap (fitting) have a go at me a couple of days back because I didn;t brake on the motorway while about to overtake him in the third lane to let him pull out and overtake the lorry he'd been sitting behind for the past mile in the second lane. He'd had a good quarter of a mile to make the move before I was there but no; barely signal, manoeuvre, mirror, rant. Coffee beans were duly shaken in his general direction. I'm not a biker but I've long since gone by your adage of 'drive like they're all out to kill you'.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:40 am So basically any "I just want my car to fit my shopping and offspring inside" type of car then. Nothing to see here.

My ex and co-parent can't wait for the LC to be her daily :lol:
Thread redirection! What’s the plan, are you going to be living together?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Good heavens no Richard as that would be illegal in this country!!

;)

Here in a month is the current plan.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

There’s a row of three houses near me and they have 4 Quashguys(gonads) between them; imaginative lot. 🙄

Level 5 cars are too far in the future, 5 yearly licence renewal gets my vote in the meantime.

JL - better get those spacers on before the end of the month then, as you’ll have no bloody free time afterwards! 😂
Cheers,

Ian
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I'm on it :lol: