Is the Gashqai the new c*nts car?

JLv3.0

Re: Is the Gashqai the new c*nts car?

Post by JLv3.0 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:20 am
JLv3.0 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:14 am What utter bollocks. It should read "anyone in a car smaller, slower or cheaper than the one you're in submits right of way to you at all times". The end.
I’m disappointed to learn that you capitulate to drivers of faster or more expensive cars.
I normally win on at least one of the above. In my mind.

Tbh it's actually "the bigger cunt wins" and then I'm definitely in with a shout.
Barry

Post by Barry »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:23 am I always do a lifesaver when passing a slip road. But then, on a bike, it’s called a lifesaver for a reason.

Would you rather be right or dead?
Basic human nature innit to disregard non threats and worry about actual threats. If you think you're safe your brain will ignore it, and I see this a lot in peoples driving IMO. Bikers know we're at the bottom of the food chain in this respect so we're very observant, move up the list into big "safe" cars and people aren't so concerned. This is where road rage creeps in, they feel wronged when a smaller/weaker vehicle interrupts that pattern.

As much as the cliche goes I still find the most aggressive cars are the bigger Audis/BMW/Range Rovers, no indication, pushing in, tail gating, last minute manouvres etc. And they don't like it when the little Civic stands his ground :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Barry wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:54 am
As much as the cliche goes I still find the most aggressive cars are the bigger Audis/BMW/Range Rovers, no indication, pushing in, tail gating, last minute manouvres etc. And they don't like it when the little Civic stands his ground :lol:
Totally, Rangeys are the worst, more than once I've been flashed by a RR for not letting them out in front of me when it was both my right of way and would have been an inconvenience to do so. I can just imagine the thought process "Oi! This RR is a big expensive car, I'm a powerfully built company director and alpha male, you must submit at all times."

As for other shitty cars like QQs, thankfully you can just spot these cunts a mile off and give them a wide berth. I just assume people are going to do something ridiculous like turn left from the right lane going into a roundabout (seems increasingly common), and so position myself somewhere safe. Last night we picked the MIL up from Stansted airport at midnight and it was silly season, cars randomly parked on major roads. One with people appearing to climb in the back to have a scrap. Random use of full beams, random lane selections, etc.