Tributes Pour in For Andy Murray

Swervin_Mervin

Tributes Pour in For Andy Murray

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

That's the headline on the Beeb right now.

"Fvck!", thinks I. "First Diane Oxberry and now Britain's favourite sporting star."

But no, he's not dead, he's just fvcking retiring. :evil: Yeah, I'm gutted that miserable fvcker is retiring from hitting a ball around, whilst still 31, to enjoy the next majority of his life doing whatever the hell he likes with his £m's that's he's earnt in a few short years of being half decent. That definitely warrants tributes.
GG.

Re: Tributes Pour in For Andy Murray

Post by GG. »

's sense of humour.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Nothing wrong with Andy Murray's sense of humour.

It's pretty standard to wish someone well when they retire, no?
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:30 pm Nothing wrong with Andy Murray's sense of humour.

He was being serious. ;)
Richard

Post by Richard »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:14 pm That's the headline on the Beeb right now.

"Fvck!", thinks I. "First Diane Oxberry and now Britain's favourite sporting star."

But no, he's not dead, he's just fvcking retiring. :evil: Yeah, I'm gutted that miserable fvcker is retiring from hitting a ball around, whilst still 31, to enjoy the next majority of his life doing whatever the hell he likes with his £m's that's he's earnt in a few short years of being half decent. That definitely warrants tributes.
To play at the top level of any sport, especially 1v1 sports, you have to focus your whole life on it. It must be absolutely devastating to be forced into early retirement because of an injury. Competitive tennis will be all he’s ever known
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Richard wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:23 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:14 pm That's the headline on the Beeb right now.

To play at the top level of any sport, especially 1v1 sports, you have to focus your whole life on it. It must be absolutely devastating to be forced into early retirement because off an injury. Competitive tennis will be all he’s ever known
Retiring in your 30s with millions, having succeeded in being the best in the world at something is hardly devastating. I’m sure it’s shit for him for now, but he’s still in a way better position, with way more opportunities that 90% of us could ever dream of, so I don’t have that much sympathy.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

My beef was more the utterly absurd top headline - he's retired, not fvcking died. By all means report on it but let's calm down a bit yeah?
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

🙏 for Murray.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:30 am
Richard wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:23 am

To play at the top level of any sport, especially 1v1 sports, you have to focus your whole life on it. It must be absolutely devastating to be forced into early retirement because off an injury. Competitive tennis will be all he’s ever known
Retiring in your 30s with millions, having succeeded in being the best in the world at something is hardly devastating. I’m sure it’s shit for him for now, but he’s still in a way better position, with way more opportunities that 90% of us could ever dream of, so I don’t have that much sympathy.
I think it's nice to see that it means so much to him and that he's passionate about what he does. Having millions in the bank will certainly be helpful but this will leave a big hole in his life and will probably take a lot of getting over.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

McSwede wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm this will leave a big hole in his life and will probably take a lot of getting over.
so does having to get up every morning for 40+ years to go to work. Still no sympathy.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:00 pm
McSwede wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm this will leave a big hole in his life and will probably take a lot of getting over.
so does having to get up every morning for 40+ years to go to work. Still no sympathy.
Grinch 😂😂
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

So just because he has money as a consequence of reaching the top of his sport, something he's dedicated his existence to, he's not allowed to feel pissed at having to give it all up before his mind was ready to do so.

I was offered the chance to turn pro at snooker when I was 16. I declined. I was good, but not that good, and I certainly didn't have the attitude or dedication to spend 8 hours a day at the table. So somebody who monitors their diet and every aspect of their existence in the pursuit of a goal deserves a slightly less envy-driven conclusion than this. Just because you don't have millions and he does, doesn't mean he's not allowed to feel disappointed.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:22 pm
So just because he has money as a consequence of reaching the top of his sport, something he's dedicated his existence to, he's not allowed to feel pissed at having to give it all up before his mind was ready to do so.

I was offered the chance to turn pro at snooker when I was 16. I declined. I was good, but not that good, and I certainly didn't have the attitude or dedication to spend 8 hours a day at the table. So somebody who monitors their diet and every aspect of their existence in the pursuit of a goal deserves a slightly less envy-driven conclusion than this. Just because you don't have millions and he does, doesn't mean he's not allowed to feel disappointed.
Of course he's allowed to feel disappointment. But in the grand scheme of things he’s in a million times better position than most, so I’m not crying with him.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

This is the (Henman) Hill SD has chosen to die on.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Rich is a cvnt non shocker :lol:.
An absolute unit