Stupidity or awkwardness?

NotoriousREV

Re: Stupidity or awkwardness?

Post by NotoriousREV »

Simon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:46 pm
Gavin wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:44 pm
Simon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:20 pm

It's neither stupidity nor awkwardness though right? Just another self-entitled prick who thinks you're gonna call someone and probably wake them up in the middle of the day when they've pulled an all-nighter just because they think that a laptop bag is 'important'. He probably bashed Brannen's car too.
I once had an area manager tell me to call a sales person back in to work after I had told him he was off due to his Mrs having a miscarriage through the night. I knew the company was full of sociapathic cunts but that was a new standard. I told the AM to bugger off and after he shouted at me for 5 minutes I offered the lads (15 stone middle wight boxer) phone number so he could call him in. At that point he declined and made another manager come in. I do not miss retail.
Night and day different to how I got treated at my place when we lost ours back in November. It was very much "See you when we see you, take all the time you need. If you want anyone to cover anything just let us know."

And I work for a US based internet company. Even other employers in our industry aren't as sympathetic to their staff.
I’m sure I have my deficiencies as a manager, but I will always try to treat people as I want to be treated, especially in situations like this. Go home, be with your loved ones, let me know what’s happening if you get the chance and let me know if I can be of any help.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:07 pm I will always try to treat people as I want to be treated, especially in situations like this. Go home, be with your loved ones, let me know what’s happening if you get the chance and let me know if I can be of any help.
Absolutely bang on Rev. Treat people as you would like to be treated. A little care and compassion goes a long way!
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Email to account manager regarding a job from a couple of weeks ago
Hi Syed
Please can I have your assistance with the above job.
It was request to create a restricted folder with just 4 names being able to access it.
However Christine is reporting that others, not in the AD group that controls access, are able to see what is in the restricted folder.
initial suspicion is that Authenticated Users have view rights.
Can this be fixed as a matter of urgency please.
Cheers, Dave.

Hi Dave,
This incident was actioned and closed off in January. If there is an issue now then please raise a separate incident and send me the number.
Regards,

WTF - I need to log a another job because you and your company are incompetent?
I don't really care what monkey processes you have (probably want more tickets on the books to make themselves look busier than they really are), if you need another job logging, get on and log it yourself.
Turd.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

unzippy wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:12 amSyed
There's your clue.

We had a similar breed of subcontinental fucktard incompetents try to implement Oracle in my previous company. The way they would absolutely fuck up every small detail but then celebrate the eventual resolution of these (THEIR) mistakes a year later as if they'd successfully split the atom was absolutely excruciating.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:07 pm
Gavin wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:44 pm

I once had an area manager tell me to call a sales person back in to work after I had told him he was off due to his Mrs having a miscarriage through the night. I knew the company was full of sociapathic cunts but that was a new standard. I told the AM to bugger off and after he shouted at me for 5 minutes I offered the lads (15 stone middle wight boxer) phone number so he could call him in. At that point he declined and made another manager come in. I do not miss retail.
Night and day different to how I got treated at my place when we lost ours back in November. It was very much "See you when we see you, take all the time you need. If you want anyone to cover anything just let us know."

And I work for a US based internet company. Even other employers in our industry aren't as sympathetic to their staff.
I’m sure I have my deficiencies as a manager, but I will always try to treat people as I want to be treated, especially in situations like this. Go home, be with your loved ones, let me know what’s happening if you get the chance and let me know if I can be of any help.
It was quite a staggering attitude. The other manager who came in to cover then complained to me about having to come in. I suggested aiming his complaint at the person who asked him to come in, or alternatively go and phone the chap and have a go at his Mrs. Absolute fucking cretin. Only place I have worked with a worse bullying culture was he bank.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Gavin wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:28 am

It was quite a staggering attitude. The other manager who came in to cover then complained to me about having to come in. I suggested aiming his complaint at the person who asked him to come in, or alternatively go and phone the chap and have a go at his Mrs. Absolute fucking cretin. Only place I have worked with a worse bullying culture was he bank.
Sounds like you need a new job.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Barry

Post by Barry »

Our production dept closed all feature requests over twelve weeks old recently, based on nothing other than them guessing that they weren't required anymore. The reality was more that we were asking for an awful lot of things and as such were having to prioritise features from actual crash bugs, so things were taking longer.

At no point did production dept bother to ask us this before closing hundreds of tasks..

:cry: :roll: :lol:
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Orange Cola wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:37 pm
Gavin wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:28 am

Sounds like you need a new job.
This was about 20 years ago! :D My current job is brilliant. ME "Hey boss, I work part time 5 days a week, in school holidays can I work Tues-Thurs FT and take Monday and Fridays off?" Boss "No problem" :D
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

So our building manager is the worst type of passive aggressive jobsworth cunt you could ever meet.

Since we moved to our new offices people have complained about the fact that we have no coat racks, just 1 cupboard to each floor of 150 people, not ideal when everything is wet and needs to dry out. This was due to the designers wanting a “clean look” but without actually taking into account that actual people will use the office, it’s not just for looking at.

Anyway, enough people raised it that he’s agreed to buy coat racks. But now there’s an actual rule that coat racks must be used and you can no longer put your coat on the back of your chair.

Fucking seriously.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Barry

Post by Barry »

Seems to be a type they go for these roles, our facilities manager is the same. Weekly emails to all staff about petty stuff but it took him three months to get me some locking drawers..
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

You wouldn't be suitable to that role without being a bureaucratic ineffective jobsworth no-mark, would you? It's not like it's difficult and if you were good at something useful, you'd be doing that instead.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

To show some sympathy, I suppose, I'm glad I don't have to deal with the petty shit that he does. He seems to spend 90% of his time dealing with complaints about lack of milk or too much milk. It also took 2 hours to find someone that had blocked someone else in the car park because they'd ignored his 500 emails about making sure your vehicle details are logged on our system. Bollocks to that.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Sympathy be fucked. Anyone who signs up for that sort of job deserves everything they get.
Mike1215

Post by Mike1215 »

mik wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:44 pm Were you making love by Wednesday?
Wednesday broke his heart....Friday he’s in love Mik
mik

Post by mik »

When I was younger, I wish I'd been in a band called Prevention.....
Mike1215

Post by Mike1215 »

mik wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:41 pm When I was younger, I wish I'd been in a band called Prevention.....
I’ve got Friday on my mind...
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

mik wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:41 pm When I was younger, I wish I'd been in a band called Prevention.....
:lol:
Banal Vapid Platitudes
mik

Post by mik »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:35 am
:lol:
Line stolen from Stewart Lee.....
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Them: "We need a technical solution but don't know how to size it"

Me: "Fine, we can build it in the cloud, take an educated guess on sizing, and then scale up or down on demand"

Them: "How will we ensure we have enough capacity?"

Me: "It's the cloud, we'll just spin up more servers"

Them: "But what if we need more?!"

Me: "More capacity than Amazon?"
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Richard

Post by Richard »

Maybe they have some really, REALLY badly written code...