Instagram, YouTube business gurus

Broccers

Instagram, YouTube business gurus

Post by Broccers »

Lots around.

They all seem to know it all.

I'm probably jealous and old. My business made actual money after a year. These peeps seem to rely on debt a lot.

Did I do it wrong? 😁
Broccers

Re: Instagram, YouTube business gurus

Post by Broccers »

Obviously I did :lol: :lol: :lol:

Interesting for those that follow bikes - 44 teeth want 5 quid a month from you to get extra content - too much imo. 1 pound x 40000 people is better than 5 x 1500 who will actually question the spend.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:45 pm Obviously I did :lol: :lol: :lol:

Interesting for those that follow bikes - 44 teeth want 5 quid a month from you to get extra content - too much imo. 1 pound x 40000 people is better than 5 x 1500 who will actually question the spend.
Way too much. I pay less than that for Motor Trend on Demand and get shit tonnes of content.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I watch 44 Teeth all the time but wasn't really paying attention when they mentioned this. It's some sort of membership thing, isn't it? I'll just stick with the free content as it's inconceivable I could be expected to pay for someone else's time and resources expended in entertaining me. :D

BTW - I still have no idea what your original post was all about and put it down to a drunken humblebrag :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:36 pm Lots around.

They all seem to know it all.

I'm probably jealous and old. My business made actual money after a year. These peeps seem to rely on debt a lot.

Did I do it wrong? 😁
I'd suggest that successful business people, for the most part, aren't spending their time on YouTube and Instagram telling people who successful they are, they're too busy running their successful businesses. That excludes the one who are actually successful because of Youtube and Instagram, of course :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Frankly I just read inspirational posts to get all the life coaching I need. Only highly successful people are allowed to make inspirational posts, y'see, so it's pretty much guaranteed to result in great success.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

First post was sparked from looking at people who spend far too much time posting 'You got this..... YEH' and being so positive with their new businesses while making no money. As I pointed out to one yesterday being a busy fool isnt the way forward.

Lots of kids empowered with this culture of no failure - get a ltd co, borrow, fail, let someone else pick up the bill. I'm old school with morals. :D
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Can't really argue with that. People need to fail first to get anywhere IMO.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:50 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:45 pm Obviously I did :lol: :lol: :lol:

Way too much. I pay less than that for Motor Trend on Demand and get shit tonnes of content.
Its a bad move imo - why not go low and many.... greedy
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:26 pm Can't really argue with that. People need to fail first to get anywhere IMO.
Unless the lesson costs you money its not a lesson. :D
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:24 pm First post was sparked from looking at people who spend far too much time posting 'You got this..... YEH' and being so positive with their new businesses while making no money. As I pointed out to one yesterday being a busy fool isnt the way forward.

Lots of kids empowered with this culture of no failure - get a ltd co, borrow, fail, let someone else pick up the bill. I'm old school with morals. :D
why do you care?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:02 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:24 pm First post was sparked from looking at people who spend far too much time posting 'You got this..... YEH' and being so positive with their new businesses while making no money. As I pointed out to one yesterday being a busy fool isnt the way forward.

why do you care?
Why do you ask so many questions on here?

In answer to this one - I care because there is no price to fail - those of us who don't rip people off play by the rules.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:09 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:02 pm

why do you care?
Why do you ask so many questions on here?

In answer to this one - I care because there is no price to fail - those of us who don't rip people off play by the rules.
i would understand your concern if you were competing for business with Youtubers or being conned by them, or in any possible way affected by them, but you’re not, so why do you give a shit?

There’s always been businesses that are set up on unstable ground that have very little chance of succeeding - it’s nothing new.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wasting your time promoting it on social media is quite new Rchardo.

I sometimes wonder if world experts like yourself are wasted posting crap on here :D :D :D :D
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:24 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sometimes wonder if world experts like yourself are wasted posting crap on here :D :D :D :D
i’ll just carry on not getting upset about businesses being promoted on social media and the content of Saturday night TV.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I shall - carry on replying to things you dont care much for :D :D :D :lol: :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:24 pm
It's not a waste of time for every business, the vast majority of our marketing is done through social media and it works for us. Maybe you're just a bit behind the times Broccers.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:41 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:24 pm
It's not a waste of time for every business, the vast majority of our marketing is done through social media and it works for us. Maybe you're just a bit behind the times Broccers.
Sorry Scotty you work for a start up?
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Can someone confirm if Broccers has suffered a stroke?

Thanks.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gwaredd wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:24 pm Can someone confirm if Broccers has suffered a stroke?

Thanks.
Dont get you pegs?