Saturday night tv

Broccers

Saturday night tv

Post by Broccers »

Cheryl Cole two shows in a Row?

Also these talent things. Seem to be easily pleased the audience and judges.

Is it February yet?
Barry

Re: Saturday night tv

Post by Barry »

The line up on all channels has been appalling of late, ancient films on during the Xmas period, re-runs of everyfkingthing on the rest of the channels. I've taken to just recording films for Fri/Sat night and playing Gran Turismo or YouTube the rest of the time.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Agreed.
I'm currently watching the Waco documentary on iPlayer :?
Simon

Post by Simon »

I've not been watching 'normal' TV for a long time. I've never and will never paid for Sky or Virgin, so terrestrial telly only for us. But even then I predominantly watch YouTube,Netflix, Amazon Prime. Looking at the Christmas schedule for '18 and there for literally bugger all on. Never seen a more dire selection of dross. It used to be a favourite activity decades ago to get the Christmas TV guide and work out all the programs and films you wanted to watch. Now it's difficult finding just one thing.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Saturday night tv has always been shit. It’s aimed at children and thick people, that’s why the subject matter rarely strays beyond a typical day at nursery.

Sing a song.
Do some dancing.
Bake a cake.
Play outside.
Repeat...
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I just can't imagine the quality of TV content being pivotal to how much I enjoy my Saturday night. Isn't this the sort of thing pensioners get all cross about, like leaves on steps and so on?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

I thought they turned terrestrial telly off five years ago?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

They may as well. I didn't even know people still watched it given the plethora of choices for watching what you want, when you want. Maybe I'm just better at TV than some 😂
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:29 am They may as well. I didn't even know people still watched it given the plethora of choices for watching what you want, when you want. Maybe I'm just better at TV than some 😂
this isnt really a thread about Saturday night tv remember JL, its Broccers’ annual “dry January” thread by the looks of it. He's just waiting for someone to ask so he can tell us how hard it is when you’re as popular and out as much as he is.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

As the entire run of Buffy the vampire slayer is on Prime that's your Saturday night's viewing sorted for the next four years.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I don't tend to go out on Sat nights as I'm usually priming myself for a day out on Sunday, so I foolishly expect the entertainment supplier I pay for to provide said entertainment. I bought a TV guide for the Xmas period as it's traditional, as mentioned above, and the line up was frankly shocking. They aren't interested in paying for any new content clearly, just coaxing us into paying for the extras, film and streaming services etc.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

My only annoyance with tv/tv shows is the following - The Grand Tour got pushed back apparently to coincide with the release of their rubbish video game. Too Gear seems to be pushed back for no reason at all apart from to coincide with the Grand Tour. Once again we had no winter special. Still, Wheeler Dealers starts next week.
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

The solution is obviously watch something else but I was surprised just how low rent the offering was on ITV.

Michael McIntyre is sooooo annoying.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I am struggling to remember Saturday Night TV being good at any point in my life although to be fair for about ten years I was out for all of them so may have missed a few gems.

Was Mary Whitehouse Experience on a Saturday night?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Now tonight's is much better.

Dancing on Ice. Brilliant!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

this isnt really a thread about Saturday night tv remember JL, its Broccers’ annual “dry January” thread by the looks of it. He's just waiting for someone to ask so he can tell us how hard it is when you’re as popular and out as much as he is.
I'm ill fella. On the second bottle of Jameson. Sniff.
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

Gavin wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:12 pm I am struggling to remember Saturday Night TV being good at any point in my life although to be fair for about ten years I was out for all of them so may have missed a few gems.
Perry much this.

Isn't Saturday night TV aimed at people who've reached the pinnacle of their ambition with 2.4 children and a Vauxhall Zafira?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

That might be RichB soon. Sitting back in his lovely house knackered with a couple of shit cars outside wondering how he will afford the kids school fees.

Who wants to be a millionaire is different with Clarkson. I like it
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:20 pm That might be RichB soon. Sitting back in his lovely house knackered with a couple of shit cars outside wondering how he will afford the kids school fees.
do they still have that clever flex 7 seating? Ideal for trips to the dump without needing to remove the child seat....
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Fortunately in usually out djing and skating on Saturday night, it’s usually a shock when I spend a Saturday night in and see there nothing on. Fortunately I’ve been able to totally avoid the xfactor for about 3 years now.

Carl