People that use salt & pepper grinders like they are ratchets

mik

People that use salt & pepper grinders like they are ratchets

Post by mik »

Stop doing that you dummy! :evil: it’s set to the “grind size” I want.

#grindr
Alex_

Re: People that use salt & pepper grinders like they are ratchets

Post by Alex_ »

I have an electric set. 8-)
M235i
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Mine is bigger
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Also been watching some American cooking shows/crap on tv this festive season. Why do they exclusively use kosher salt instead of sea salt. I don’t think sea salt has iodine? Don’t think I’ve seen kosher salt in our supermarkets either. Every prick US chef keeps banging on about the KOSHA salt.
How about not having a sig at all?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:24 pm Also been watching some American cooking shows/crap on tv this festive season. Why do they exclusively use kosher salt instead of sea salt. I don’t think sea salt has iodine? Don’t think I’ve seen kosher salt in our supermarkets either. Every prick US chef keeps banging on about the KOSHA salt.
Kosher salt is less salty, so go easy when they tell you to add shitloads. It’s not a mistake I plan to make twice.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Richard

Post by Richard »

Is it less salty tasting, or is there just less salt by volume than normal powdered salt, due to the crystal shape meaning there’s more air in a “tablespoon”, for example
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Richard wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:17 pm Is it less salty tasting, or is there just less salt by volume than normal powdered salt, due to the crystal shape meaning there’s more air in a “tablespoon”, for example
The latter. There’s a few resources on the internet that say Kosher salt and sea salt are roughly equal in that respect, but I always use about half the amount of sea salt to that mentioned in recipes, otherwise it’s inedible.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:22 pm
Richard wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:17 pm Is it less salty tasting, or is there just less salt by volume than normal powdered salt, due to the crystal shape meaning there’s more air in a “tablespoon”, for example
The latter. There’s a few resources on the internet that say Kosher salt and sea salt are roughly equal in that respect, but I always use about half the amount of sea salt to that mentioned in recipes, otherwise it’s inedible.
My new sausage making book mentions Kosher salt so this is very handy to know. Thanks.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

McSwede wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:28 pm
My new sausage making book mentions Kosher salt so this is very handy to know. Thanks.
Don’t blame me when it comes out bland 😂
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

mik wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:02 pm Stop doing that you dummy! :evil: it’s set to the “grind size” I want.

#grindr
The wife sets it to atom-sized output. Every time ffs. Unwind to fullest extent for the correct size (just about cracked)
GG.

Post by GG. »

I’m sure in the context of this thread there’s a joke about Grindr in there somewhere :lol:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

GG. wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:37 am

I’m sure in the context of this thread there’s a joke about Grindr in there somewhere :lol:
I love my grinder and am partial to a bit of hot sausage. Just made the first batch this afternoon.
mik

Post by mik »

GG. wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:37 am

Is it in the last line of my first post? 😊