Weird car ad questions.

Zonda_

Weird car ad questions.

Post by Zonda_ »

Had 2 people send me messages asking "Is this still for sale?" I reply "Yes it is" then hear nothing more from them. Also had a guy asking for more pictures of the interior, I oblige by sending him pictures of an immaculate, standard interior and...silence.

Wtf?
NotoriousREV

Re: Weird car ad questions.

Post by NotoriousREV »

Par for the course, ime.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:08 pm Par for the course, ime.
I'm not sure I can tolerate the time wasters any more, the part ex prices I've been offered are far higher than I was expecting, probably time of year and struggling to move stock, so I might go down that route.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Sounds like you're having a nightmare!!!1111!!11!!

I'm looking for a car at the mo. FSH low insurance group <£2k. Moon on a stick stuff round here :mrgreen:
evostick

Post by evostick »

Morons and cunts everywhere when it comes to selling vehicles.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

evostick wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:44 pm Morons and cunts everywhere
👍🏼
evostick

Post by evostick »

Undoubtedly true.

Todays moronic cunt award goes to the Amazon seller who sent me a £150 weather station (not for me, honest) via royal mail tracked service with no signature required.

It was delivered to a random address.

I informed the cunt that it hadn't arrived. He claimed it had as it says on the screen it has. I asked him to send another and I'll send one back if two turn up. He said fuck off I've got your money it's your problem. I pointed out consumer law - his contract etc. He told me that he'd been on the phone to royal mail for and hour and they said 'it had been delivered'. Not his problem.

Item gets handed to me by some random who lives about half a mile away.

I take a big shit on his perfect feedback rating...
So far three emails today begging me to delete the negative feedback..

just replied that I've been on the phone to Amazon for an hour and they say 'THE FEEDBACK IS CORRECT'..

Cunt's not even English either.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

speedingfine wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:26 pm Sounds like you're having a nightmare!!!1111!!11!!

I'm looking for a car at the mo. FSH low insurance group <£2k. Moon on a stick stuff round here :mrgreen:
You'd have no problem round here, there was a very smart looking e46 320d sport coupe for sale recently for £1400
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Pistonheads is my go-to these days - Autotrader is a timewasting nightmare, let alone eBay.

But yes, it's the joys of selling privately and the hoops you have to jump through. For me, its worth the hassle - p/xing with a dealer and knowing I'm a good £3-4k worse off....I can't do it. That's a weeks salary.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Matty wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:13 pm Pistonheads is my go-to these days - Autotrader is a timewasting nightmare, let alone eBay.

But yes, it's the joys of selling privately and the hoops you have to jump through. For me, its worth the hassle - p/xing with a dealer and knowing I'm a good £3-4k worse off....I can't do it. That's a weeks salary.
The part ex price is only £500 less than I'm asking.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Is it Facebook adverts? If so it will be accidental messages. On phones you have bubbles on adverts and one I am sure is PM about availability. Same reason you see loads of posts on for sale ads saying "next" etc.

If not then they are probably just cock sockets!
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Gavin wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:21 pm Is it Facebook adverts? If so it will be accidental messages. On phones you have bubbles on adverts and one I am sure is PM about availability. Same reason you see loads of posts on for sale ads saying "next" etc.

Ah, one was Facebook yes, I didn't know that. The others have been Gumtree and eBay.
mik

Post by mik »

evostick wrote:
just replied that I've been on the phone to Amazon for an hour and they say 'THE FEEDBACK IS CORRECT'..
Lolz :lol:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Zonda_ wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:20 pm
Matty wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:13 pm Pistonheads is my go-to these days - Autotrader is a timewasting nightmare, let alone eBay.

The part ex price is only £500 less than I'm asking.
£500? Good god man, p/x it - they're haggle 2-300 off the price anyway.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

It's just as bad giving something away. I've got two tickets to the Sealife thing in Birmingham which I bought in an auction ages ago and haven't got around to using them so posted them on the local FB page to see if anyone could use them.

Him: I know someone who might want them, I'll ask them now.

<< 24 hours later >>

Him: Can I have them?
Me: Yes, send me their address and I'll put them in the post
Him: I haven't asked them if they want them yet.

I felt like putting them through the shredder, filming it and replying with the footage.
scotta

Post by scotta »

240PP wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:54 pm It's just as bad giving something away. I've got two tickets to the Sealife thing in Birmingham which I bought in an auction ages ago and haven't got around to using them so posted them on the local FB page to see if anyone could use them.

Him: I know someone who might want them, I'll ask them now.

<< 24 hours later >>

Him: Can I have them?
Me: Yes, send me their address and I'll put them in the post
Him: I haven't asked them if they want them yet.

I felt like putting them through the shredder, filming it and replying with the footage.
Ok Banksy.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Gavin wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:21 pm Is it Facebook adverts? If so it will be accidental messages. On phones you have bubbles on adverts and one I am sure is PM about availability. Same reason you see loads of posts on for sale ads saying "next" etc.

But that’s a two click mistake, it’s not accidental. JL’s correct.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
ste

Post by ste »

scotta wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:41 pm
Ok Banksy.
LOL
ste

Post by ste »

Matty wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:13 pm For me, its worth the hassle - p/xing with a dealer and knowing I'm a good £3-4k worse off....I can't do it. That's a weeks salary.
Love this humblebrag 'hidden' in here. :lol:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Fortunately the first person to see it bought it and didn't even haggle.