Some twunt stole my wallet

McSwede

Some twunt stole my wallet

Post by McSwede »

Shitheads!!!

Someone stole my coat and wallet on Friday at my crimbo party and proceeded to have a party of their own with it's contents. Luckily all money has been refunded as well as coat and wallet being returned (hopefully today). It appears coat was taken in error by someone who was utterly spackered. Upon arriving home with his mate they found my wallet in the pocket. The least spackered of the two then went back to his house with my wallet and proceeded to have a little retail therapy (mainly online gaming purchases & money transfers) totalling approx £1000. Once finished he returned to his friends and returned the wallet to my coat. On Monday dipshit brings my coat and wallet back to the office to return them to me. Following HR interrogation :lol: they were both dismissed.

Whole saga reported to the fuzz via the Action Fraud team only to be told that it wouldn't be registered as a crime and would not be taken any further. So the little shitheads will not face any further action which is rather annoying!
Simon

Re: Some twunt stole my wallet

Post by Simon »

Wow. Astonishing on so many levels. Glad it all worked out in the end tho.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
evostick

Post by evostick »

So a future employer wouldn't be aware that they'd hired a thief?. That doesn't seem at all right.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

What was the cops justification for not calling that a crime!?
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

What a bunch of morons. Glad they got the sack.
M235i
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Nightmare...

However, is there a case for "More Spackered" to say their only error was taking your coat home - while spackered.

Less Spackered "mate" then tries to screw over More Spackered by using the cards but allowing More Spackered mate take the fall when he returns the coat, completely oblivious to the fact that Less Spackered had spent the money ??

Or is it obvious that both Spackard's were in on it...

:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:13 pm Nightmare...

However, is there a case for "More Spackered" to say their only error was taking your coat home - while spackered.

Less Spackered "mate" then tries to screw over More Spackered by using the cards but allowing More Spackered mate take the fall when he returns the coat, completely oblivious to the fact that Less Spackered had spent the money ??

Or is it obvious that both Spackard's were in on it...

:lol:
#BecauseDinny
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

It's been a bizarre going on! Only way of anyone finding out about any misconduct is if they ask us for a reference and even then I don't think we can go into detail.

Below is the basics of what the fuzz sent back to me an hour after starting the case telling me they were going to do nothing.....

"Home Office Counting Rules set out the circumstances under which we can record a crime and on this occasion the matter you reported to us cannot be classified as a police recorded crime. Home Office Counting Rules for Fraud and Cyber Dependent Crime can be found online at https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rded-crime.

You have indicated within your report that the misuse of your personal details or that of a company trading style played a part in the matter you are reporting. The use of another person’s identity, often referred to as identity theft, is not a police recordable crime. Where the details are used to obtain goods or services, we can only record a crime on behalf of the person or organisation which was defrauded as a result of the misuse of an identity.

Whilst the misuse of your identity cannot be classified as a police recorded crime, we do recognise that identity theft can cause significant distress and inconvenience."

Stealing my wallet and making fraudulent purchases/payments from my bank account & credit cards doesn't constitute an offence nowadays. How strange! :roll: :roll:
evostick

Post by evostick »

ffs that is really poor.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

evostick wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:28 pm ffs that is really poor.
You'd be enraged if you knew they weren't British nationals :lol: :lol:
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

Presumably you have (or can access) all their details - name, address, phone numbers, emails etc.?

If you can I would at the very least sign them up for a deluge of the most offensive, disturbing and unpleasant junkmail you can find online, and pop a nice grindr profile up for each of them. Find a specimen supplier for labs/schools and send each of them a million fruit-flies, etc.

Then if that starts to pall, yu can always pop round their houses with a few litres of v-power and appropriate tools, screw their doors and ground floor windows shut and immolate the thieving shitbirds. :idea:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Note to self: don’t upset Preacher....
evostick

Post by evostick »

McSwede wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:54 pm
evostick wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:28 pm ffs that is really poor.
You'd be enraged if you knew they weren't British nationals :lol: :lol:
Sadly, it neither surprises or enrages me at all :(
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

How fucking stupid are they :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

PreacherCain wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:27 pm Then if that starts to pall, yu can always pop round their houses with a few litres of v-power and appropriate tools, screw their doors and ground floor windows shut and immolate the thieving shitbirds. :idea:
You might want to check with David that he's happy doing this first.
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

GG. wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:53 pm
PreacherCain wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:27 pm Then if that starts to pall, yu can always pop round their houses with a few litres of v-power and appropriate tools, screw their doors and ground floor windows shut and immolate the thieving shitbirds. :idea:
You might want to check with David that he's happy doing this first.
LOL. Oops. And no opportunity to slide in a ninja edit, either. :lol:
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

McSwede wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:54 pm It's been a bizarre going on! Only way of anyone finding out about any misconduct is if they ask us for a reference and even then I don't think we can go into detail.

Below is the basics of what the fuzz sent back to me an hour after starting the case telling me they were going to do nothing.....

"Home Office Counting Rules set out the circumstances under which we can record a crime and on this occasion the matter you reported to us cannot be classified as a police recorded crime. Home Office Counting Rules for Fraud and Cyber Dependent Crime can be found online at https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rded-crime.

You have indicated within your report that the misuse of your personal details or that of a company trading style played a part in the matter you are reporting. The use of another person’s identity, often referred to as identity theft, is not a police recordable crime. Where the details are used to obtain goods or services, we can only record a crime on behalf of the person or organisation which was defrauded as a result of the misuse of an identity.

Whilst the misuse of your identity cannot be classified as a police recorded crime, we do recognise that identity theft can cause significant distress and inconvenience."

Stealing my wallet and making fraudulent purchases/payments from my bank account & credit cards doesn't constitute an offence nowadays. How strange! :roll: :roll:
That is depressing shit - so if they can vaguely claim there's an element of identity theft... It's identity theft and they won't pursue it. Crap mate.
GG.

Post by GG. »

I haven't read through that link but surely this is just talking about recording a crime, not pursuing the individuals committing said crime. Those rules look like they're simply to ensure there is no double counting amongst the businesses defrauded and also yourself - if they're saying they won't move to a prosecution for theft/attempted theft I would write back and insist they do.

This is using your cash to obtain goods and services, not simply using your name to set up an account with someone for example. It looks very much like they're just trying to fob you off.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

So the bank has reimbursed you so are they then the defrauded party? That does seem remarkable. Will leave a hole in the CV of the two dafties though. I think for references you cannot say anything negative so best is just to refuse to give them a reference which must be well known code in HR world for just don't.

I must admit, from the drawn out description you gave of the crime the lad who took you coat then collapsed, seems to be innocent as far as it reads at least, or did he happily let his mate piss of with said wallet to commit a non-criminal theft and fraud? :lol:

Unless he was sacked for borrowing your jacket for a night?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

The logic to leave petty crime alone, as it’s not important is ridiculous.

Grab the small stuff as it only escalates. I doubt Bob ever woke up one day and said he felt a bit cheeky, I’ll rob a bank.

Glad they got fired, thieves deserve nothing.

Dave!