Being robbed

Broccers

Being robbed

Post by Broccers »

Went for a nice meal last night at a decent place in north yorks. Food was superb as was the bottle of wine which I chose and knew the price of. The two shots of Sipsmith gin and one larger bottle of tonic consumed as waiting to be seated however were daylight robbery. 10 quid each.

70cl bottle is 30 quid, so 28 shots, making a lovely 200 quid profit. Yes people have overheads but that's taking the piss.

Been robbed recently? :D
nuttinnew

Re: Being robbed

Post by nuttinnew »

Phew, I was expecting a break in.
I've not had anything like that recently, in fact quite the opposite; two hours parking in Canterbury for 10p 8-)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

:D

Thats cheap !
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

£10 for two cans of Red Stripe (wasn't a lot of choice) last week was a bit steep I thought.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Broccers wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 pm Went for a nice meal last night at a decent place in north yorks. Food was superb as was the bottle of wine which I chose and knew the price of. The two shots of Sipsmith gin and one larger bottle of tonic consumed as waiting to be seated however were daylight robbery. 10 quid each.

70cl bottle is 30 quid, so 28 shots, making a lovely 200 quid profit. Yes people have overheads but that's taking the piss.

Been robbed recently? :D
Where was it?? Lots of places here in N.Yorkshire where that'd be the case I'm sure.
Simon

Post by Simon »

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask...
The artist formerly known as _Who_
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

It's free to park in most of the places we go around Richmond/Leyburn/Bedale, we just have a disc to use through the week.

But Hospitals at home here in the Skipton/aire valley area, they can take a ruñning jump, the cunts, £4.60 for an hour!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Last week I found a great fast food noodle place for lunch near work, it was fairly busy, understandably so as the food was freshly prepared to the specification of your choosing and the price was reasonable.

Imagine my dismay when less than one week later they'd put their prices up by 30%. I'm sure they thought they were being incredibly clever because last week the smaller container was called 'small' and the larger 'regular'. Now the same smaller one is called 'regular' and the larger one is called 'large'.

That increase took it from being about par cost for lunches in the area to the most expensive, people were voting with their feet, it was dead. There's just too many great options around there for them to be more than the rest. I walked out and went to the Subway next door, cunts. Shame as it was very tasty.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Ooft, Sipsmith is my favourite gin but not at a tenner a go.

Gin seems to be the booze of choice for this type of piss taking. I’be had a couple of £6 or £7 G&Ts
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I was charged £75 for 2 glasses of Champagne and 1 glass of Prosecco at the Connaught Hotel...

Fvckers even added service charge of over £8 to the bill... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Service charge is robbery in the UK.
How about not having a sig at all?
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

i was detoured out of my way a bit on friday so filled up at a shell i passed.... £1.39 a ltr for v power when reg was £1.22 fooking cvnts...

so tempted to tell them to take it out :lol:
Join us, join the Teslarati!