Work stress

NotoriousREV

Re: Work stress

Post by NotoriousREV »

scotta wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:20 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:28 pm
scotta wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:37 pm I found out a last minute requirement from the app dev team that needs a firewall rule change. So thats the delivery schedule snookered for end of year!

We've been working on this delivery for almost a year.
IT from the fucking 90s :lol:

We can have a firewall rule coded, tested, approved and pushed out across 5 sites in a few minutes.
Your'e not in banking at the busiest transaction period of the year. Mandatory firewall change freeze.
I was and I’m thankful I’m not anymore 😂
Middle-aged Dirtbag
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Well it’s finally signed 8-)

5.5 hours of discussions, quibbles over who is paying for what and it was finally agreed for them to take over the p,ant for commercial operation.

Not after.......

Making changes to snagging lists they wanted me to sign, trying to make me agree to extra work sneakily, adding extras in etc.

Then, 30 minutes before it was finally sorted I get wheeled into the MDs office where he tells me that he is not happy with how the engine operates and we have to change the design, that was an interesting discussion where I’m miming how a fuel pump and injector work and that no, we can’t run it how he wants.

It was an enjoyable experience, the arguing to and fro were a nice challenge of words but ultimately, sod doing that for a living :lol:

Office life is a strange world of mis-interpretation, chest beating, billy big bollocking and all mixed up in utter twoddle.

Dave!
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:33 am Well it’s finally signed 8-)

Office life is a strange world of mis-interpretation, chest beating, billy big bollocking and all mixed up in utter twoddle.

Dave!
You have summed it up nicely.