People

Alex_

Re: People

Post by Alex_ »

Just got a call from the wife that her parents' house just got burgled while they were inside. Three guys with bats and hammers came in the front door. Luckily no one got hurt, they stole my wife's iphone and jewellery. What a shit week.
M235i
GG.

Post by GG. »

Shit - sorry to hear that, Alex :(
evostick

Post by evostick »

:(
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

Shall we just rename this thread TAUC's!

Sorry your family had to go through that Alex.
Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Alex_ wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:38 pm Just got a call from the wife that her parents' house just got burgled while they were inside. Three guys with bats and hammers came in the front door. Luckily no one got hurt, they stole my wife's iphone and jewellery. What a shit week.
Christ alive. Whilst people were inside? Where do they live?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

That sucks. Hope they’re OK.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Simon wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:40 pm
Alex_ wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:38 pm Just got a call from the wife that her parents' house just got burgled while they were inside. Three guys with bats and hammers came in the front door. Luckily no one got hurt, they stole my wife's iphone and jewellery. What a shit week.
Christ alive. Whilst people were inside? Where do they live?
Cheers fellas.

Wife was in the kitchen, mother-in-law in her bed cos she's ill and father-in-law was out working. They came through the front door (unlocked), and grabbed everything they could. Wife still shaking cos she saw them eye-to-eye and was threatened thankfully from a large distance. Just glad everyone is OK, possessions can be replaced. Just annoyed I'm back in Scotland and can't help.
M235i
ste

Post by ste »

That's really shit, sorry to hear.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

We were in too Alex - not a confrontation like your poor wife but they were looking in our bedroom from the window in the landing as they entered, our 9month old in his room etc.

Horrible, horrible violation. My other half never felt comfortable in the house after that and we eventually moved - mind you, a second break-in, this time thankfully during the day when we were all out of the house, was the final straw. My boy is still not 100% after it.

Really sorry to hear that. I hope everyone is OK, long term
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

Jeez Alex, that is horrendous. :shock:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Fuck man. That is fucking hateful. Really sorry.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Sorry and angry to hear that Alex :evil:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Aye can’t imagine how it must be, glad no one got harmed. Hopefully the burglars get rapedby a grizzly bear.
How about not having a sig at all?
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Sorry to hear that Alex.

On another note, didn’t know you got married so belated congratulations.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Theft is up across the board, there just aren’t enough police to deal with it and more often than not they’re now coming mob handed and tooled up. It’s a terrible thing to happen and I think we’re walking into a crisis with the way this government have cut numbers.

I hope you’re all feeling better soon and can move on from it.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:31 am Have you noticed "itself" yet, as in "do the needful and revert* today itself"?

*"Revert" is another guarantee you're dealing with someone from a country that accepts open defecation.
I am always wary of shaking hands with them, I avoid it if possible. I also don’t think they’re racial outbursts so just carry on keeping us amused ;)

I have a few colleagues who are from the same country but their English and culture is spot on, it’s always interesting having a conversation with them about these things. I tend to open with the line, can you educate me in what aspect of the culture X Y Z comes from and get told that we’re just working with rude, lazy, work shy idiots who take the piss.
evostick

Post by evostick »

We (most of us anyway) now live in a country where the shadow home secretary holds views such as this
@HackneyAbbott

Knocking people off bikes is potentially very dangerous. It shouldn't be legal for anyone. Police are not above the law
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/call ... -5gm5h0v8t

Personally, I think we need a teeny, weeny bit more of a deterrent at large when it comes to violent crime. Like Judge Dredd perhaps.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Coaster1 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:54 am Sorry to hear that Alex.

Cheers mate and everyone else for the support. Got married three weeks ago, we were just back from a short honeymoon.

On the train heading down to see them. I'm even more angry now having learnt that the fvckers dragged my wife and the mother in law into the living room and threatened them with hammers and knives to get to the jewellery. I was surprised that they got the jewellery, my father in law hides valuables very well but my wife understandably caved in. They got all the jewellery, almost half were brand new for my wife's sister's wedding in January. Thankfully they only took stuff, could have been a lot worse.
M235i
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

evostick wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:28 am We (most of us anyway) now live in a country where the shadow home secretary holds views such as this
@HackneyAbbott

Knocking people off bikes is potentially very dangerous. It shouldn't be legal for anyone. Police are not above the law
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/call ... -5gm5h0v8t

Personally, I think we need a teeny, weeny bit more of a deterrent at large when it comes to violent crime. Like Judge Dredd perhaps.
She’s a fucking liability and shouldn’t be where she is. She’s supporting the criminals with the statement and staring shit up about something that’s not an issue. The opposition is a joke, they can’t even offer anything credible to the Brexit debate so they pick on this level of shit instead.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Alex_ wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:32 am
Coaster1 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:54 am Sorry to hear that Alex.

Cheers mate and everyone else for the support. Got married three weeks ago, we were just back from a short honeymoon.

On the train heading down to see them. I'm even more angry now having learnt that the fvckers dragged my wife and the mother in law into the living room and threatened them with hammers and knives to get to the jewellery. I was surprised that they got the jewellery, my father in law hides valuables very well but my wife understandably caved in. They got all the jewellery, almost half were brand new for my wife's sister's wedding in January. Thankfully they only took stuff, could have been a lot worse.
That’s fucking awful, I hope they catch the fuckers before any physical harm is done.