People

Barry

Re: People

Post by Barry »

I count myself (almost) lucky I work with socially anxious youngsters reading all these tales. When I ask for something it invariably gets done, it's only the quality of the job that's in question and they get two chances to rectify that before it escalates.

I have a two day Mental Health First Aider course in the new year too, God help them..
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Simon wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:30 am
JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:52 am
Orange Cola wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:01 amdo the needful
Yeah that's them :lol:
I fucking hate that phrase. Any email that has that phrase in it gets added to the end of my 'things I might do when I've finished watching YouTube and lancing my boils' list.
never seen that phrase before - I’d better set up a rule to make sure I never do...
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Simon wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:30 am
I fucking hate that phrase. Any email that has that phrase in it gets added to the end of my 'things I might do when I've finished watching YouTube and lancing my boils' list.
It goes straight in the ignore pile.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but one of the people I’ve come across appears to have absolutely shocking English and email writing skills, they couldn’t communicate a thankyou without confusing the recipient. Until they have to send something to someone senior. I’ve watched them write out emails in their awful English and it’s taken them several minutes to compose the email of only a couple of sentences and this went on for about two years. One day I sat watching type out four or five paragraphs to a company director, they did it perfectly with no spelling mistakes and grammatical errors and took two minutes at the most.

I was gobsmacked that this fucker was taking the utter piss all the time. Is it a one off or are they all like that?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Barry wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:33 am I have a two day Mental Health First Aider course in the new year too, God help them..
That’s forward thinking! 8-)
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Try working with them almost exclusively for 14 years and then read my next "racist" outburst with that in mind.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I should say that sources of 'the needful' don't come from one continent alone. I've seen loads of different nationalities and ethnicities say it, even English. And I know that technically it's correct. It just sounds so fucking annoying.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

‘and reply with the same’.

What the fuck does that mean?!
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Have you noticed "itself" yet, as in "do the needful and revert* today itself"?

*"Revert" is another guarantee you're dealing with someone from a country that accepts open defecation.
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:31 am Have you noticed "itself" yet, as in "do the needful and revert* today itself"?

*"Revert" is another guarantee you're dealing with someone from a country that accepts open defecation.
I use "review and revert" all the time. And I prefer to shit in a well-appointed khazi, preferably with a heated floor.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

What the fuck does that even mean :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

I've expunged it from use other than in its correct form meaning to move back to a prior state. Its no harder to type review and respond or reply in reality.

I didn't realise it was British Indian to start off with.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Just sack the twat.

I had one person very annoyed at me turning up and running a job, better than they had done in the past. Lots of snide remarks and comments in front of the local labour. In the end I said he isn’t welcome, get in the car and leave that afternoon, he didn’t get the message till I got 2 guys to empty his room and put his gear into a waiting car, smarmy prick.

A South Efrican boss of mine many moons ago gave me quite a good speech. It basically said rule your plebs (yep, anyone below him was a pleb or TCN) with an IRON FIST in a velvet glove. Treat them well but if they cross you, crush them.

Works well.

Dave!
ste

Post by ste »

That works well in life generally. My first boss said 'speak quietly but carry a big stick'. It was a really shit way of saying the same thing.

HardFi put it well, albeit it in terrible English:

"There's just no point in cause unnecessary trouble
Just make sure you cause trouble when it's necessary"
evostick

Post by evostick »

A big fat woman reversed straight back into my transit today whilst it was parked up. Big fucking dent. I got her details and to be fair she was very apologetic.

As I was in a good mood (and the van needs other bits tidying as well), I told her to give me £200 and I'll not go through the insurance/hire vehicle rigmarole.

She replied 'I can only afford £100 because It's Christmas'.

No. It's not Christmas. It's November and you can wave goodbye to your fucking insurance excess and say hello to bigger premiums for the next few years you big blind cunt.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Excellent 8-)
Simon

Post by Simon »

evostick wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:55 pm A big fat woman reversed straight back into my transit today whilst it was parked up. Big fucking dent. I got her details and to be fair she was very apologetic.

As I was in a good mood (and the van needs other bits tidying as well), I told her to give me £200 and I'll not go through the insurance/hire vehicle rigmarole.

She replied 'I can only afford £100 because It's Christmas'.

No. It's not Christmas. It's November and you can wave goodbye to your fucking insurance excess and say hello to bigger premiums for the next few years you big blind cunt.
Did you verbalise your thoughts? Did she realise her excess is likely more than £100?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
evostick

Post by evostick »

I did point that out. Not really interested in waiting for the imbecile to see sense though tbh.

£200 was more than generous.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

A big fat woman you say? We talking Gloucester Large?
evostick

Post by evostick »

She'd qualify. She was a dead ringer for Jocky Wilson. Sweat and everything.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Sounds like Gloucester to me.