eBay & Hermes Omni-shambles

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

eBay & Hermes Omni-shambles

Post by Ascender »

About a week ago I ordered a second hand Apple HomePod from eBay as I'm looking to pick up a few at the right price. Seller had lots of feedback, is clearly genuine. Supposed to be posted by Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded. But he used Hermes.... Fair enough, he's trying to save some cash, but don't try and hide it.

Today I decide to check tracking and it says its been delivered & signed-for by customer. But we've been out all afternoon. Hmm... there was that missed Ring from earlier so I check the video which clearly shows the Hermes delivery driver approaching the door with a HomePod-sized box.

None of the neighbours have it. There's no card through the door. The Ring video ends after 30 seconds with him just looking a bit clueless, so I'm thinking the genius has just left it on the doorstep for all to see.

Obviously, eBay and Hermes is a double whammy of incompetence, so who should be sorting this out, or do I just go crying to PayPal?
Cheers,

Mike.
McSwede

Re: eBay & Hermes Omni-shambles

Post by McSwede »

What has the seller said about it??

I've had success in the past going to paypal and getting my money back. Sounds shit though and it'll undoubtedly be a PITA!!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Hermes have some pretty thorough tracking now - photograph of where they’ve left it, GPS logged etc. They’re only as good as the courier coming to your door of course.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Ascender wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:22 pmThe Ring video ends after 30 seconds with him just looking a bit clueless, so I'm thinking the genius has just left it on the doorstep for all to see.
Or he's not clueless, has clocked the Ring doorbell and knows to wait 30sec until it times out...?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

unzippy wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:48 pm
Ascender wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:22 pmThe Ring video ends after 30 seconds with him just looking a bit clueless, so I'm thinking the genius has just left it on the doorstep for all to see.
Or he's not clueless, has clocked the Ring doorbell and knows to wait 30sec until it times out...?
I don't think there's anything that devious going on. And you can increase the Ring recording duration as well as having it set to record on motion. I suspect he's just left it on the doorstep, wandered off and the package has gone walkies to be honest.

Seller is being really helpful FWIW. I think I'm more pi$$ed at Hermes for claiming its been signed-for by the customer. We know all the other couriers fairly well and they'll always leave stuff with neighbours or somewhere out of public view.
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Can you go on the tracking page and see the signature and name? Could have been left with a rogue neighbour.
How about not having a sig at all?
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

No signature available, but they're now "investigating"...
Cheers,

Mike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Given it was Hermes you should probably be grateful he didn't set it alight and fire it into your house using a trebeuchet tbh.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I fucking hate Herpes (Hermes). I had the same happen a few years ago where the local courier woman signed for the delivery herself and said she left it on top of the mailbox but she’d swiped it. I got a text from the courier straight away saying “it must have been stolen” when I had only asked for clarification on where it had been left.

It was Christmas time and I’d ordered a set of car headlight bulbs so the courier was clearly chancing her arm at something she could sell on. At the time Herpes was on BBC watchdog quite a bit for their incompetence, so I found the email address for their CEO, copied in the BBC watch dog email address and watched the email chain explode internally through the different Herpes ranks.

36 hours later I got another text from the courier asking me to please double check for the item and leave positive feedback that there were no issues. The item was returned to the top of my mailbox where it had supposedly been left, it was badly broken apart and taped back together again.

Hermes then needed to replace the item because of the state it was left in, I think she lost her job over that.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:22 pm Hermes have some pretty thorough tracking now - photograph of where they’ve left it, GPS logged etc. They’re only as good as the courier coming to your door of course.
I'll just repeat this - it's as much to protect Hermes from rogue couriers as from dodgy recipients who claim not to have received stuff, and it is quite robust. Photo and GPS log of where they've left items, for instance. Bear in mind that as recipient, you are not their customer; it's the sender who can sort this out.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Fvckers. So the signature they have which was done by me (obviously) is just a squiggle - it literally looks like nothing, not even an attempt at a signature when you’re using your finger on a tablet/phone. GPS shows it delivered to the house, but they have no record of which house it went to. There’s no picture btw, but I have photographic proof of me not being in the house at the time, so at the very least I have a case with eBay and PayPal if the seller doesn’t just refund my money soon.

In other Hermes news, some other cheapskate has used them to send a laptop to me and guess what? It was picked up 8 days ago but has gone missing in the depot 4 days ago.
Cheers,

Mike.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I literally shed a tear if I see that Herpes is delivering one of my parcels. I think all the arseholes from Shitty Link probably went across to them when they went to the wall a few years back.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:22 pm They’re only as good as the courier coming to your door of course.
This ^^

Our local Hermes lady is really good, we've never had any problems at all.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

My local Hermes lady was great until she was attacked for her van last year.
Real-life Females
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Apart from Royal Mail I’ve never had the same delivery person twice - might just be a London thing.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Nathan wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:03 pm My local Hermes lady was great until she was attacked for her van last year.
She uses a van? Wow.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:34 am
Jobbo wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:22 pm They’re only as good as the courier coming to your door of course.
This ^^

I've never had any bother with the exception of Amazon when they changed to freelance people rather than delivery companies. All the others are soon on. They all leave stuff in the coal bunker of shed with being asked and we generally get the same people most times from what I've seen.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:21 pm Apart from Royal Mail I’ve never had the same delivery person twice - might just be a London thing.
Or they’re just avoiding you?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Nathan wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:03 pm My local Hermes lady was great until she was attacked for her van last year.
Just fucking move.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Marv

Post by Marv »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:34 am
This ^^

?/?
Oui, je suis un motard.