Vegans

tim

Re: Vegans

Post by tim »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:33 am
ZedLeg wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:30 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:23 am

My favourite colour is blue, which is conclusive proof that you're a moron.
I don't have a favourite colour because I'm not 7.
I prefer the term "person with a favourite colour", thank you very much.
Are you assuming my species? I wish to complain.
tim

Post by tim »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:47 am
DeskJockey wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:51 am
duncs500 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:07 pm Who knew it's possible to live and let live
I might be a bit thick, but I thought a key point of the whole meat vs vegetarian vs vegan thing was that we had to kill animals in order to get meat? Isn't that a large part of what they're objecting to? That seems to totally contradict your statement (that I've taken out of context for the lols)!
Maybe the song 'Live and Let Die' is about Paul and Linda battling over what to have for dinner! :D
Actual LOL. Well played, Sir.
GG.

Post by GG. »

tim wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:22 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:30 am

I don't have a favourite colour because I'm not 7.
I think he's asking you to assume the position.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

GG. wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:29 pm

You sure do a lot of projecting, GG.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:35 pm
GG. wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:29 pm

You sure do a lot of projecting, GG.
I was just trying to get a rise out of you. Oh... damn it.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

ste wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:09 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:32 am
Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:20 am Can vegetarians and vegans eat road kill? Because if you’re protesting against the idea of killing animals for meat then you can surely still eat something which has died primarily due to stupidity?
I was thinking something similar the other night. If you don't eat meat because you object to killing animals, then would it be ok to have a herd of cattle and look after them, but east them once they die of natural causes?
If that was someone's objection then it would seem to make sense to eat anything that dies naturally. Obviously if they choose not to eat meat because it gives you heart disease and cancer (and possibly bad aids) then I guess how it's died would be irrelevant to them.
I've asked about lab grown meat with my more militantly vegan friends before and some of them would try it. I don't think anyone would eat roadkill or animals they would have to butcher themselves as they're all a bit townie.

I ate roadkill pheasant a couple of times when I was a kid but I wouldn't eat it by choice now :lol:.
An absolute unit
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

There's been loads of roadkill deer on the A436/A40 on the way to work. I do like venison.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I know a couple of guys locally that got caught working together to get roadkill pheasant. One of them would drive up and down a local lane, and the other would drive just behind him and collect any that he hit, although I did see one of them drive home with a pheasant wedged in the grille of his Mini Clubman once :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah we were always not to lift dead pheasants round where I grew up because it was poaching.

My family are friends with the guy who owns them though so he probably wouldn't have had us arrested or anything :lol:.
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

Just seen that technically almonds, avocados, watermelon, kiwi fruit and marrows are not technically vegan as they're abusive to bees :lol:

Is this going to be like when they found out the new plastic notes had animal fats in them...
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

They're also fairly pissed off about vaccines now, either refusing to have them or demanding someone make vegan-friendly ones (which they can't). :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

GG. wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:58 pm Just seen that technically almonds, avocados, watermelon, kiwi fruit and marrows are not technically vegan as they're abusive to bees :lol:
That's one of those things like the "have you just assumed my gender" thing, where the political correctness gone mad types have jumped on it without any evidence that anyone is actually moaning about it.

There might be some fringe types saying stuff but most people think it's daft.

ETA same with vaccines, there is some crossover with vegans and anti vaxxers but then there are loads of not vegan anti vaxxers as well.
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

I just don't understand how you can justify this hateful conduct towards the poor innocent bees :(
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Most vegans are in agreement with this.

Spokesperson for The Vegan Society, Dominika Piasecka, said: “Vegans avoid using animals as far as possible and practicable. We are aware that many forms of farming involve indirect harm to animals, but it is unfortunately not possible or practicable to avoid the destruction of other animals in most farming at this time.

“However, we do not consider that just because it is not possible to avoid one hundred percent of the cruelty, suffering and exploitation to animals that we should not bother at all. Vegans make a huge contribution to the reduction in suffering and death caused to animals and we would welcome any changes made to farming practices that support this.”
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

A better reason to avoid avocado is that the explosion in the industry has had a pretty bad effect on the environment and society of the places that grow them. Also, they're gross.
An absolute unit
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

I had salmon today, the first time I’ve had flesh this week. I still consider myself an omnivore though; I’ll eat anything, it’s just what I’ve fancied has been veggie. Obviously I’ll also be Instagraming, Tweeting etc this info, because erm.... 🤷‍♂️
Cheers,

Ian
Marv

Post by Marv »

IanF wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:37 pm I had salmon today, the first time I’ve had flesh this week. I still consider myself an omnivore though; I’ll eat anything, it’s just what I’ve fancied has been veggie. Obviously I’ll also be Instagraming, Tweeting etc this info, because erm.... 🤷‍♂️
It'll make a welcome change to your seemingly endless travel pics, YC ;)
Oui, je suis un motard.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Marv wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:31 pm
IanF wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:37 pm I had salmon today, the first time I’ve had flesh this week. I still consider myself an omnivore though; I’ll eat anything, it’s just what I’ve fancied has been veggie. Obviously I’ll also be Instagraming, Tweeting etc this info, because erm.... 🤷‍♂️
It'll make a welcome change to your seemingly endless travel pics, YC ;)
Hello Mr. Pot :P
Cheers,

Ian
evostick

Post by evostick »

Not usually big on sirloin but I had a great one in a Thai restaurant last night. Served cold with chilli & lime. Lovely it was.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

evostick wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:56 am Not usually big on sirloin but I had a great one in a Thai restaurant last night. Served cold with chilli & lime. Lovely it was.
Lime??!! You animal! Don’t you know they drive bees miles from their homes and they have to fly home all on their own to pollinate them?? They get ever such tired wings!