Vegans

GG.

Re: Vegans

Post by GG. »

My favourite twitter Vegan joke (at least, today's):

"Buy your Vegan friend a Venus Flytrap and show them even plants think they're wrong" :lol:

Closely followed by:

"How do you know if a complete stranger is a Vegan? Don't worry, they'll tell you". :)
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:41 pm
IanF wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:38 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:30 pm

Bullshit, I think it's prefectly ok to not feel great about contributing towards the growth of an industry that's causing violence towards people and animals and deforesting huge areas of rain forest.

I wasn't going to rise to the boys bait but here we are.
Aren’t you all saying the same thing?
I read what they were saying as it's hypocritical to be against palm oil as the same thing happened here a couple of hundred years ago. I'll take it back if I misinterpreted what Swerv was saying though.
You've got me slightly wrong, but entirely my fault for the flippant comment really.

I meant it more from the perspective of Western Society as a whole adopting that position, not the individual. It's easy to put yourself in their shoes and look at the west and think "fvck you, you hypocritical tw4ts".

The industry is vile though - far worse than many other industries and practises that we spend more time focussing on. Shameful as well that much of the blame can be laid out our western own doors, yet again. Can't stand the stuff in food myself either.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Ah yes we do agree, it's no surprise that you have Asian multinationals following the same pattern of exploitation as western ones when they've seen it work so well in the past.
An absolute unit
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I’m a big meat eater but also a fluffy animal lover. All our meat is from a local farm shop/ butchers but 90% of everything else comes from Tesco’s.

I eat a lot of cheese, Dairy, meat and probably around 3000 calories a day on average at least.

Vegetarian food is nice every so often as it can be quite new and interesting but generally I’m all about meat.

Anyone who pushes their moral views onto me needs a slap.

The only true vegetarians I know at work are weak and useless, or electricians.

South Africans think I’m a fanny as I like Chicken, which to them is essentially a walking carrot.

Dave!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

FWIW I very much enjoy my diet of 90% vegan food at home. My wife is a good cook, I cook a few good bits such as curries, we both really enjoy food and the meals we prepare.

I'm happy that my vegan wife never forces any extreme views on me or anyone whilst still being able to express an opinion.

I'm also happy that I can eat meat whenever I want, but usually reserve it for a tasty lunch or dinner out here and there than feeling like I can't eat a nice meal if there's no meat involved.

Who knew it's possible to live and let live and have a balanced view of such things?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:07 pm FWIW I very much enjoy my diet of 90% vegan food at home. My wife is a good cook, I cook a few good bits such as curries, we both really enjoy food and the meals we prepare.

I'm happy that my vegan wife never forces any extreme views on me or anyone whilst still being able to express an opinion.

I'm also happy that I can eat meat whenever I want, but usually reserve it for a tasty lunch or dinner out here and there than feeling like I can't eat a nice meal if there's no meat involved.

Who knew it's possible to live and let live and have a balanced view of such things?
It’s like everyone’s body isn’t exactly the same, crazy talk.

My favourite colour is blue, I take it you are the same ?

Dave!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

You're wrong, your favorite colour is not blue. I'm very angry about this.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:44 am You're wrong, your favorite colour is not blue. I'm very angry about this.
My favourite colour is blue, which is conclusive proof that you're a moron.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

I'm not telling you my favourite colour because I'm not a vegan and don't feel the need to inform people of my subjective preferences.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:23 am
duncs500 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:44 am You're wrong, your favorite colour is not blue. I'm very angry about this.
I don't have a favourite colour because I'm not 7.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:30 am
I prefer the term "person with a favourite colour", thank you very much.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:33 am
ZedLeg wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:30 am

I prefer the term "person with a favourite colour", thank you very much.
Let's not get into your sexual preferences here, Rev.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:07 pm Who knew it's possible to live and let live
I might be a bit thick, but I thought a key point of the whole meat vs vegetarian vs vegan thing was that we had to kill animals in order to get meat? Isn't that a large part of what they're objecting to? That seems to totally contradict your statement (that I've taken out of context for the lols)!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
GG.

Post by GG. »

I'm sure they object to many, many things. It most likely isn't worth anyone's while to work out what and why ;)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Can vegetarians and vegans eat road kill? Because if you’re protesting against the idea of killing animals for meat then you can surely still eat something which has died primarily due to stupidity?
How about not having a sig at all?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:20 am Can vegetarians and vegans eat road kill? Because if you’re protesting against the idea of killing animals for meat then you can surely still eat something which has died primarily due to stupidity?
I was thinking something similar the other night. If you don't eat meat because you object to killing animals, then would it be ok to have a herd of cattle and look after them, but east them once they die of natural causes?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Presumably not as they're enlighted Western wannabe-Brahmins that think the corpse will be reincarnated in the afterlife.

That or "urgh, meat is icky" and then they do one of those fake vomiting faces that teenage American girls have perfected.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:51 am
duncs500 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:07 pm Who knew it's possible to live and let live
I might be a bit thick, but I thought a key point of the whole meat vs vegetarian vs vegan thing was that we had to kill animals in order to get meat? Isn't that a large part of what they're objecting to? That seems to totally contradict your statement (that I've taken out of context for the lols)!
Maybe the song 'Live and Let Die' is about Paul and Linda battling over what to have for dinner! :D
ste

Post by ste »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:32 am
Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:20 am Can vegetarians and vegans eat road kill? Because if you’re protesting against the idea of killing animals for meat then you can surely still eat something which has died primarily due to stupidity?
I was thinking something similar the other night. If you don't eat meat because you object to killing animals, then would it be ok to have a herd of cattle and look after them, but east them once they die of natural causes?
If that was someone's objection then it would seem to make sense to eat anything that dies naturally. Obviously if they choose not to eat meat because it gives you heart disease and cancer (and possibly bad aids) then I guess how it's died would be irrelevant to them.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It was just a passing thought as I drove past 9 dead pheasants on a short stretch of road this morning :lol:
I do know a vegetarian homestead type couple who give their dead birds to the local zoo.
How about not having a sig at all?