Customs charges

RobYob

Customs charges

Post by RobYob »

£20 book ordered from the US. Note comes through the door "cannot deliver due to outstandging charges"
£4 VAT due, which is annoying but I guess it applies to everyone.
Plus fucking £8 handling charge to charge me the fucking VAT for the bunch of thieving cvnts!
60% of the value of the item in bloody tax.

Feel like nail gunning a handling charge notice to the windscreen of every Parcelfarce van I come across.
McSwede

Re: Customs charges

Post by McSwede »

RobYob wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:19 pm £20 book ordered from the US. Note comes through the door "cannot deliver due to outstandging charges"
£4 VAT due, which is annoying but I guess it applies to everyone.
Plus fucking £8 handling charge to charge me the fucking VAT for the bunch of thieving cvnts!
60% of the value of the item in bloody tax.

Feel like nail gunning a handling charge notice to the windscreen of every Parcelfarce van I come across.
How rude! I've got a couple of international parcels coming from so am awaiting something similar through the letterbox :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yep, had similar on a parcel from Japan. Just over the threshold so a couple of quid vat and duty to pay, plus the £8 post office handling fee :roll:
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ordered something from America off eBay and they charged me the customs duty during check out. Don’t know if it’s a new thing as I don’t buy internationally much but I’m sure I’ve bought stuff from eBay internationally in the past and had it just delivered to my door without duty.

How about not having a sig at all?
tim

Post by tim »

I've brought some stuff in from South Korea a couple of times recently and was expecting similar, but both were delivered without any kind of fees at all. I think it's pot luck!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:12 pm Ordered something from America off eBay and they charged me the customs duty during check out. Don’t know if it’s a new thing as I don’t buy internationally much but I’m sure I’ve bought stuff from eBay internationally in the past and had it just delivered to my door without duty.

I think ebay now have a 'global shipping' program to deal with customs charges for sellers who opt in. Looks like your purchase was from just such a seller.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Yep - I get some stuff from the UK that has been addressed to a UK address and then a new sticker over the top to then bounce it on to Aus.
I wonder if the UK seller even knows it's final destination?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I had to pay £12 admin fee on an £18 cap from the US. There should be an option for “I’ll pay my own duties and vat, you cunts” but the post office doesn’t seem to offer it.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

Yes, because we'd all tick that box wouldn't we? ;)

More likely the authorities require the delivery agent to collect the charges on their behalf. Else nothing would get paid (apart from those from honest people like you Rev).
The artist formerly known as _Who_
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I deal with international shipping at work and the worst is people who don’t seem to take any consideration of possible customs fees.

They’ll order a couple of hundred pounds worth of stuff and reject the delivery when they realise they’ll have to pay a big customs fee.

Also countries who seem to make their rules up as they go along. Looking at you Serbia.
An absolute unit
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I bought a watch from the states which was delivered fine. A few days later I got a letter from the courier saying they had my watch at their distribution center and I’d need to go and pay the customs charges and handling fees on their website before they’d deliver it to me :lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Mieite

Post by Mieite »

IFinnish customs have online service for declearing goods. I have used it few times. It´s easy enough and doesn´t add any other costs than vat(orders from aliexpress and ebay).
https://tulli.fi/en/frontpage
ste

Post by ste »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:12 pm Ordered something from America off eBay and they charged me the customs duty during check out. Don’t know if it’s a new thing as I don’t buy internationally much but I’m sure I’ve bought stuff from eBay internationally in the past and had it just delivered to my door without duty.

Yep a new thing and it's fucking stupid.

I tried to buy a 2nd hand fork for a bicycle yesterday; On eBay, but in the US. It was £190, with ~£30 postage. Except when I went to checkout it added £70 customs shite. For a 2nd hand item?? Fuck that.

I messaged the guy, he removed it from the eBay shipping programme shit and sent it via UPS. Utter piss take.