Work moan - the shifting of blame game

Broccers

Work moan - the shifting of blame game

Post by Broccers »

In my line of work we are usually the people who get a good kicking initially when things go wrong. Life is life and that happens. I make the odd mistake here and there and hold my hand up, swallow the pill, replace and put right the problem no issue.

Now on the flip side you have a client who is wanting to reorder an item we did previously - except they have changed the layout and send you a mockup done by a. n. other company... which in itself is annoying as it's the first you know about them wanting more of this job. You then get squeezed on price and then finally agree to do it to 'keep the work'.

So the intial instruction is to follow this mockup they sent over. You do this and send a proof. Client signs it off. In this case with their logo not quite how it was previously - but hey I'm copying what I was given and who am I to ask?

Job arrives and the logo is 'not printed straight'. A picture of said item is sent.

On further ispection it was perfect on our test sample and the colours bang on as the client is picky. A few hours go by and no response from them to show us how the logo is at a 'funny angle'. Turns out its not and the logo is wrong ..... just like on the item they sent to copy.

The last time they had these they lasted 3 years - wonder if they will pay to get them redone? :D

Anyway I think I might go to the pub... or moan on facey b or something :lol: :lol:
JLv3.0

Re: Work moan - the shifting of blame game

Post by JLv3.0 »

Don't you normally run your sword through anyone on here who even refers to a work complaint?
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Just had a huge problem with a newish client that I brought on board and has the potential to be a nice little order. They required some bespoke products with some simple lettering. Anyway they dilly dallied, changed the spec, then changed the amount and every separate proof took a few days with delays at their end.

When I gave them their ETA finally they started complaining as if we were incompetent - "Well we would like to support local businesses etc etc"

I checked the timeline and one three day delay was our supplier and Golden week buggered production schedules but had they not fannied about for over two weeks they would have had them well within the deadline they had not told us about!

We have moved heaven and earth and sorted it but if they now stop using us I am going to be massively peeved.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I went to do a crankshaft change on an engine about 5 years ago. An insurance claim of close to a million.

When I went down into the engine room the Chief Engineer was moaning about shitty RR engineers. Said how the report they had done said the engi e was fine and the service showed no problems.

Sadly for him I was the guy who did the previous inspection and mentioned in my report the engi e was a badly loomed after like of poop which needed lots of remedial work.

He couldn't show me the report as he said it was taken by the insurance assessor, I offered he read mine as I did it and he loomed like a deer in the headlights.

Lying bastard everywhere.

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

V8Granite wrote: ↑Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:14 pm I went to do a crankshaft change on an engine about 5 years ago. An insurance claim of close to a million.

When I went down into the engine room the Chief Engineer was moaning about shitty RR engineers. Said how the report they had done said the engi e was fine and the service showed no problems.

Sadly for him I was the guy who did the previous inspection and mentioned in my report the engi e was a badly loomed after like of poop which needed lots of remedial work.

He couldn't show me the report as he said it was taken by the insurance assessor, I offered he read mine as I did it and he loomed like a deer in the headlights.

Dave!
You might want to tame a loom at your meyboard Dave...
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

V8Granite wrote: ↑Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:14 pm I went to do a crankshaft change on an engine about 5 years ago. An insurance claim of close to a million.

Dave!
Jesus christ - got an English version planned? πŸ˜‚
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Anyway, normally:

Person : 'I had a work issue'

Broccers :'you fail / you're shit / be more successful / your parents didn't love you / you're adopted / I hope you die / emails are for cunts / I'm actually Mick'

So - yeah πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:39 pm Anyway, normally:

Broccers :'you fail / you're shit / be more successful / your parents didn't love you / you're adopted / I hope you die / emails are for cunts / I'm actually Mick'

So - yeah πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: ↑Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:41 pm

So - yeah πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚
No clue what you're on about but yeah...

Just not me then fellas. Good to share!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

JLv3.0 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:37 pm

When I went down into the engine room the Chief Engineer was moaning about shitty RR engineers. Said how the report they had done said the engine was fine and the service showed no problems.

Sadly for him I was the guy who did the previous inspection and mentioned in my report the engine was a badly looked after pile of poop which needed lots of remedial work.

He couldn't show me the report as he said it was taken by the insurance assessor, I offered he read mine as I did it and he looked like a deer in the headlights.

Lying bastards everywhere.

Dave!
Jesus christ - got an English version planned? πŸ˜‚
Bloody predictive text on a Norwegian phone is a pain in the ass :lol:

Dave!
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Broccers wrote: ↑Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:35 pm
Rich B wrote: ↑Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:41 pm

So - yeah πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚
No clue what you're on about but yeah...

Just not me then fellas. Good to share!
Selective memory?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace