Letting people out

JLv3.0

Re: Letting people out

Post by JLv3.0 »

A-fucking-men Rob.

"Oh boo frickety hoo, something happened to me today and I didn't agree with it and I didn't like it and I got all cross and upset and then I typed it up and posted it on an internet so the world could hear me cry like a little bitch about the UTTER NON-EVENT."

GROW SOME BALLS FFS :lol:
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

PreacherCain wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:59 am Jesus Christ, this thread reads like a transcript of an IAM meeting in an old folks' home.

Can we just agree that other road users are generally arseholes and move on? Then we can just be pleasantly surprised when one does something nice and/or sensible for a fucking change.
“Preach!” (Said in a southern state, gospel tone)
Cheers,

Ian
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:58 am
In other countries, obviously the more hellishly 3rd world, the worse it is, there were no manners at all in the first place, so no reason to ever be disappointed.
See Australia. Well, Tasmania and Melbourne definitely. The locals drive like there are no other people on the road. I flashed someone out and they looked at me like I was going to road rage them. You will never ever be let out or acknowledged. They are such incompetent drivers they have traffic lights at the beginning of a slip road on to a motorway :lol: They also haven't heard of the 2 second rule, everyone drives so close you can't see their plate in the rear mirror. The accident rate is dire here.
It's so bad I've finally bought a dashcam.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I don't think any other country has the "flash someone out" thing that us Brits do. In pretty much every other country in which I've driven, which is a lot now, it just means "fuck off, and your mother smells" - or at least you'd think it did, judging by the reaction.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Must mainly be the older generation of drivers who do it as even when I took my driving test 8 years ago it was strongly advised to not flash to let people through or even thank people if you were let through yourself, it wasn’t just my instructor either as all my friends were taught the same. If you’re going to let someone through just make a gap or leave a space and it’s up to them if they want to go.

I still thank people though as it’s not much effort to lift few fingers is it.
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Oh oh oh one thing is letting bikers from the continent through, they do that funny cock leg to say thanks thing :mrgreen:
How about not having a sig at all?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Mito Man wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:30 am Must mainly be the older generation of drivers who do it as even when I took my driving test 8 years ago it was strongly advised to not flash to let people through or even thank people if you were let through yourself, it wasn’t just my instructor either as all my friends were taught the same. If you’re going to let someone through just make a gap or leave a space and it’s up to them if they want to go.
No-one was ever taught to flash people out - it's not in the Highway Code. But yes, it might be an older generation thing as we were actually intelligent enough to know what it meant, weren't overly-entitled arseholes like you lot and actually noticed other people as we weren't constantly glued to our phones, updating our social media that no-one cares about.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Mr Pish wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:53 am

The entitled generation