Food served on wood

Jezh

Food served on wood

Post by Jezh »

Probably been discussed before but just fuck off. It's dirty
Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.
duncs500

Re: Food served on wood

Post by duncs500 »

Agreed. They don't usually have a lip around either so losing something off the edge is something of a risk. Losing food is not something that is acceptable to me.:)
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:02 pm Agreed. They don't usually have a lip around either so losing something off the edge is something of a risk. Losing food is not something that is acceptable to me.:)
Exactly. Last night I was served both my starter and main on a plank with a lovely bit of soggy grease proof paper underneath both offerings I assume for some sort of protection. Just use a frigging plate. :roll:
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

See also Slate chunks. :( Maybe we could start a campaign to ask for a plate when served food on alternatives?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

File under the same category of cuntery that has people attempt - note, ATTEMPT - to serve me drinks in A FUCKING JAR.
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:57 am File under the same category of cuntery that has people attempt - note, ATTEMPT - to serve me drinks in A FUCKING JAR.
:lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:57 am File under the same category of cuntery that has people attempt - note, ATTEMPT - to serve me drinks in A FUCKING JAR.
Whilst not quite as bad, I bloody hate novelty pint pots - Peroni, San Miguel, Starorammen (sp) all have their own glasses.

I ALWAYS ask for it in a "Normal Pint Glass"...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Richard

Post by Richard »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:10 pm
Whilst not quite as bad, I bloody hate novelty pint pots - Peroni, San Miguel, Starorammen (sp) all have their own glasses.

I just drink out of whatever they give me

I think it’s (proppah) Belgian beer where each beer will have its own specially shaped glass. I think that’s fun. I’m sure there’s an element of science involved. Maybe 90% fun, 10% science
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

My mate's dad used to drink out of a Rose's Marmalade jar because he swore they were unbreakable and tbf the first time I asked he bounced the one he was using off a wall :lol:.

Those jar shaped glasses with handles fuck right off though.

I tend not mind burgers and that served on boards but they end up looking shit because of the amount of times they go through the dishwasher. Plates are preferred.
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Pretty much every big shite beer has their own glass, it's free marketing for the brand. Try not drinking shite beer, you'll get a normal glass ;).
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Richard wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:19 pm

I just drink out of whatever they give me

I think it’s (proppah) Belgian beer where each beer will have its own specially shaped glass. I think that’s fun. I’m sure there’s an element of science involved. Maybe 90% fun, 10% science
Was in Cambrinus once (in Bruges) and a group of Spanish people seemed quite put out at having their glasses taken away - they wanted their new, different, beer in the same glasses. Cue one very confused and put out Belgian waitress.

I'll have it as it comes ta, although preferably not in a fvcking jar.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I served burgers on a wooden board yesterday, to save on washing up

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Richard wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:26 pm I served burgers on a wooden board yesterday, to save on washing up

did you throw the board away after then?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The drink thing doesn’t bother me, though of course it depends on the setting. There’s a good cocktail place (callooh callay) I know that serves awesome cocktails in a chilled lidded pewter tankard, you’d feel a berk with it at your local, but it’s all part of the presentation there.

Slate/wood/other plates can of course fuck off though.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:23 pm Try not drinking shite beer, you'll get a normal glass ;).
Fair point but I can't be dealing with Ditchwater - sorry Real Ale... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Prezzo serve their “executive” pizza on wooden boards. Agree they look crap but not sure if they’re that unhygienic. I’m neutropenic and it hasn’t caused me any problems yet!
How about not having a sig at all?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Richard wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:26 pm I served burgers on a wooden board yesterday, to save on washing up

As delicious as they look, that might be the subject of another moan actually - burgers that require a fliptop head and dislocatable jaw in order to eat :lol:
ilmostro

Post by ilmostro »

I love a good beef burger on my wood. :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

They are some tasty looking burgers 8-)
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:50 pm Prezzo serve their “executive” pizza on wooden boards. Agree they look crap but not sure if they’re that unhygienic. I’m neutropenic and it hasn’t caused me any problems yet!
Wood not fancy your chances here https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... -42582900 :shock: :lol: