NotoriousREV

Re: Labour

Post by NotoriousREV »

:lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Rich B wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:56 am Stay at the head end.
:lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I watched their conference on parliament tv today, you know, just out of morbid curiosity.

Half the stuff they said wasn't done when quite clearly they could have last time.

This giving away parts of companies is a brilliant idea - like 10 percent for nothing. :lol: :lol:

One lad there was asleep and the camera focussed on him long enough for bubbles to appear from his gob - that was lovely.
Simon

Post by Simon »

It's just more economically illiterate twaddle designed to appeal to the something-for-nothings and the 'it's all unfair and it's someone else's fault'.

I'm lucky enough to have received some shares in my company, but I've done it because I work hard and it's a reward. It's not given out to all, and also it's understood that it can't be given to everyone because that would dilute existing shareholders' stakes and consequently drive down the share price.

Not that any of what I've just written makes any sense to Comrad Corbyn or his bunch of red book reading, marxist cohorts. They're not interested in a fair and equal society - they just want to take from those who have in order to buy the votes of those who haven't. Same old labour.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I want the Tories out but I don’t want this bunch of fucking losers in. Or the Lib Dems. I think we should just let Lizzie 2 take over and run it properly.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

Simon wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 pm Same old labour.
But with added identity politics, anti-semitism and terrorist sympathisers - lovely!
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:32 pm I want the Tories out but I don’t want this bunch of fucking losers in. Or the Lib Dems. I think we should just let Lizzie 2 take over and run it properly.
But then we'll also end up with Charlie in charge...

I'm seriously considering voting Green next time. I actually find myself agreeing with a lot of what they say. I'm not sure how well that goes with also wanting a V8 though.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I saw Jezza on Marr yesterday morning. What an absolute vanilla character. Has he any passion about anything?

Seems the press are at least on board ripping them to bits.

I'm all for TM being replaced but at least she's in the real world.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

The right wing press don't want him in because they are scared what he will do to them and their strangle hold on the media.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Simon wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 pmThey're not interested in a fair and equal society - they just want to take from those who have in order to buy the votes of those who haven't. Same old labour.
This - and that's not just the UK lot - it's standard MO for the party it seems
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Do you think that if the Tories were running Labour as a cardboard front to ensure there's no realistic opposition, they could do any better job of making them completely unelectable?

I'm not generally one for conspiracy theories, but surely nobody could be this laughably shit by accident.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

What nef said. I mean, May is a cipher (and a hollow one at that), the current cabinet are a bunch of no-mark careerists under siege from the hard-right headbangers, Boris is a shitcunt, JR-M is unspeakable and the whole shower of useless bastards really ought to be locked in an ISO container and dropped into the North Sea.

And yet. Somehow, in the face of this squabbling, paralysed, doomed government, the official opposition still contrives to ignore the open goal and spend more time on ensuring internal orthodoxy than actual, y'know, policy formulation, thus making themselves even less attractive to the electorate than the present gaggle of mongs. Fuck me, it's taken them till now to come up with a Brexit policy - and although that is at least internally coherent it still amounts to "whatever the hated Tories do, we'll do something else".

Absolute arseholes, the lot of 'em. I am genuinely thinking I may abstain or spoil my paper at the next election, for the first time in my voting life.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Were I resident in the UK, I would submit my voting paper matted with fecel stains, urine and racial slurs. What a fucking embarrassment it all is.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

We've not only swung away from centrist parties to more extreme right and left wing parties but also from having any charisma in any of the major players (with the possible exception of Boris but he is, as Preacher said, a shitcunt of the highest order).
Banal Vapid Platitudes
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Given about 20 minute or so, I am confident that I could come up with a case for handing that feckless cockend an actual death sentence.
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:39 am Given about 20 minute or so, I am confident that I could come up with a case for handing that feckless cockend an actual death sentence.
Yes, something suitably condign should be easy to orchestrate. Cage-fight to the death against Farage, say?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I'd actually prefer a ritualistic beheading, specifically one where I am wielding the axe. That fucker makes me lose my normal level-headed approach to life.

""oh ho ho ho, look at me, I've lovely bumbling Boris, what ho, pip pip! Oh look I've convinced people to back some silly playful jape for us to leave Europe, jolly good show!

Oh cripes the blighters didn't realise it was a joke - I know - I'll resign, toodle pip".

CUNT.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Jackleg wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:05 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:32 pm I want the Tories out but I don’t want this bunch of fucking losers in. Or the Lib Dems. I think we should just let Lizzie 2 take over and run it properly.
But then we'll also end up with Charlie in charge...

I'm seriously considering voting Green next time. I actually find myself agreeing with a lot of what they say. I'm not sure how well that goes with also wanting a V8 though.
I've been a member of the Scottish Greens for about 3 years.

Labour have once again fallen into the same old trap. Arguing amongst themselves about how left wing they should be while the tories are doing whatever they want essentially unopposed.

The best thing they could do at this point is split, let Jeremy toddle off with momentum and have a new New Labour with the Blairites. I still wouldn't vote for either but at least they might actually do something.
An absolute unit