Being old

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: Being old

Post by Sundayjumper »

Gavin wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:59 pmHighlight was Gary Barlow saying "Wow, great to see you all, what have you been doing since we split" and i said in what I thought was a quiet voice "comfort eating" as there were a lot of 30 something chubbies. Turns out my voice is quite loud when Gary waits for an answer between songs!
:D
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

In the early 1990s I went to see Babes in Toyland play at a club called The Wherehouse in Derby. When they arrived I was surprised/pleased to see Kat Bjelland make a bee-line straight towards me! She then ruined it by asking me where they were to get changed - assuming that I was the owner. :oops: Looking around I had to agree that I looked most likely to be the owner... Still have the T-shirt though. :D
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

PaulJ wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:15 pm In the early 1990s I went to see Babes in Toyland play at a club called The Wherehouse in Derby. When they arrived I was surprised/pleased to see Kat Bjelland make a bee-line straight towards me! She then ruined it by asking me where they were to get changed - assuming that I was the owner. :oops: Looking around I had to agree that I looked most likely to be the owner... Still have the T-shirt though. :D
is this a story of how you went to a strip club?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Rich B wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:10 pm
PaulJ wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:15 pm In the early 1990s I went to see Babes in Toyland play at a club called The Wherehouse in Derby. When they arrived I was surprised/pleased to see Kat Bjelland make a bee-line straight towards me! She then ruined it by asking me where they were to get changed - assuming that I was the owner. :oops: Looking around I had to agree that I looked most likely to be the owner... Still have the T-shirt though. :D
Babes... Toyland... Whorehouse... Kat Bellend. Strip club is also what I assumed at firsg glance :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:14 pm
Rich B wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:10 pm
Babes... Toyland... Whorehouse... Kat Bellend. Strip club is also what I assumed at firsg glance :lol:
No strip clubs chaps. When not attending grungy gigs and playing in sports cars I was far too busy at my Bible class for that sort of thing. ;)
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Been doing lots of riding recently, even dropped a trouser size because of it. I tweaked a calf muscle a few weeks ago and recovered after a couple of weeks with gentle exercise in the recovery period. Last night did the other side, oh my fucking god the pain! Never really injured myself while riding before, hobbling today too. both injuries were on the same bike. I must look into it, sure it’s partly age related though. I won’t be out this weekend that’s for sure.

Carl.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

drcarlos wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:27 pm Been doing lots of riding recently, even dropped a trouser size because of it. I tweaked a calf muscle a few weeks ago and recovered after a couple of weeks with gentle exercise in the recovery period. Last night did the other side, oh my fucking god the pain! Never really injured myself while riding before, hobbling today too. both injuries were on the same bike. I must look into it, sure it’s partly age related though. I won’t be out this weekend that’s for sure.

Carl.
Either the seat to the pedal position is wrong or the frame is wrong (but you’d either be stretched or compressed in the chest if the frame is wrong)
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Orange Cola wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:48 pm
drcarlos wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:27 pm Been doing lots of riding recently, even dropped a trouser size because of it. I tweaked a calf muscle a few weeks ago and recovered after a couple of weeks with gentle exercise in the recovery period. Last night did the other side, oh my fucking god the pain! Never really injured myself while riding before, hobbling today too. both injuries were on the same bike. I must look into it, sure it’s partly age related though. I won’t be out this weekend that’s for sure.

Carl.
Either the seat to the pedal position is wrong or the frame is wrong (but you’d either be stretched or compressed in the chest if the frame is wrong)
Wondering if it’s my cleats being in the wrong position that’s doing it. I’m pretty comfortable on the bike overall really and have done about 900 miles on it now, the first 750 being trouble free. I did change my shoes earlier this year so I may have positioned the cleats badly.
It’s a 17” frame but in a 29er, all my 26ers are 18” and I rode an 18” 180 miles from coast to coast over 3 days. maybe i needed the 19”, some possibilities to explore at least. Don’t really want to be changing frames.

Carl
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

You injured yourself doing physical activity. That's not getting old.

Getting old is waking up with injuries having not done anything strenuous the day before
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Then I was born old. I’ve always got the worst injuries whilst asleep - whether it’s waking up with a stiff neck or bad back etc :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I looked at the weather and timed cutting the grass just right. As dry as possible and before the rain.

I also had great joy at my 3/8 impact extensions arriving.

I’ll pull some skids on my bike later and called some old guy Grandpa to balance it all out.

Dave!
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Well my ankle is still slightly buggered and I have a half to run today in wintery conditions according to weather forecast! :lol:
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Having pushed a trolley around Waitrose and given the car a wash you'd think I'd have done enough exercise today, but no - I still plan to walk briskly around to our local for an early doors beer before making a curry disappear and completing the Mexican GP. At my age too! :shock:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Inspirational 😂
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

V8Granite wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:44 am I looked at the weather and timed cutting the grass just right. As dry as possible and before the rain.

Dave!
I love that satisfying feeling!!
evostick

Post by evostick »

Some mornings, I wake up and seem to have forgotten that I'm getting on a bit.

And then ..https://mixmag.net/read/massive-attack- ... rsary-news
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

God alive - I still listen to that most weeks and consider myself fairly up to date and "hip" with the "kids" on the "street", daddy-o.
evostick

Post by evostick »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:32 am God alive - I still listen to that most weeks and consider myself fairly up to date and "hip" with the "kids" on the "street", daddy-o.
It's an album that somehow managed to connect the (shite) music associated with my youthful and relatively innocent fascination with getting off my head with the (arguably) better music associated with my tragic middle-aged bids to escapism.

Ergo - I remember feeling middle-aged when it was released ffs.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I never quite "got" Massive Attack before Mezzanine, much as I like Blue Lines and Protection nowadays. I was after nasty, moody trip hop and the first two didn't quite tick that box. Mezzanine didn't just hit the spot, but nuked it from orbit, just to be sure.
evostick

Post by evostick »

Never got Blue Lines. Still don't listen to it either. Protection was a big hit for me. Perfect come-down music.

I clearly remember seeing video for Risingson on the telly and thinking 'Fuck me, there is hope..'. Turned out to be a false dawn as everything I've bothered listening to by them since has been a bit shit really. I did actually pay for one album and tried to force myself to like it ...but it didn't work.