"The car is making a clanking noise"

Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

"The car is making a clanking noise"

Post by Gavin »

Said my darling wife when she got home. Upon investigation the rear suspension mount has split. At least it is cheap but could it not have broken over the holidays when I had time and weather to get it done! :(
mik

Re: "The car is making a clanking noise"

Post by mik »

Rules innit.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

That's reminded me...

For a couple of weeks recently, my wife was complaining about a "knocking/rattling" type noise coming from what she thought was the dashboard.

She drives the car to/from work every day and it was driving her crazy.

I figured something had come loose behind the dash.

It was a while before I had time/need to drive the car, but when I did, I noticed within about 50 yards of pulling away, that the driver's sun visor wasn't clipped in and it was that that was rattling.

She'd literally had the source of her annoying right in front of her eyes, for about two hours a day, every day, and hadn't noticed it :roll: :D
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

And that's why they're pretty :lol:
Simon

Post by Simon »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:42 pm And that's why it's a good job they're pretty :lol:
FTFY
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Still not got it done as when I got dry weather I discovered some daft bastard had fitted normal nuts of a different size to the supplied wheel brace.

And due to having one working car have not been to my mate's to borrow his larger socket set. And now I have looked out the window to see it is pissing down! Bah
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Buy your own sockets you cheap fuck :lol:

What real man BORROWS tools?!
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

I have two socket sets but most of my tools are for woodworking etc. This is only the second time in twenty years I have needed a larger socket. I intend to request a larger set for my birthday though. :)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

OK well at least you have a plan.

Personally I find the excuse to buy more tools to be one of the few exciting aspects to life these days :lol:
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

I would happily buy tools but having bought another ageing Swedish estate I don't want to take the proverbial! :lol:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Gavin wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:19 am I have two socket sets but most of my tools are for woodworking etc. This is only the second time in twenty years I have needed a larger socket. I intend to request a larger set for my birthday though. :)
90%+ of cars will have 17 or 19mm wheel nuts , do you have another wheel brace you can try ?

If not you can get a universal brace from Halfords or Screwfix for a tenner. A socket set is not the tool for removing wheels which have usually been torqued up to infinity by a monkey with an airgun 😂
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

I had a cross shaped one with different sized sockets but It got left behind in Edinburgh when I moved to London I think.

The nut that has been put on is not one for an actual wheel though so who knows what will fit. The mate I am borrowing from has a 4 sized one so I am hoping one of those will work.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

The suspense is killing me Dadbo ?