LED light upgrades

JLv3.0

Re: LED light upgrades

Post by JLv3.0 »

I strongly believe it to the latter. I don't regret changing the interior lights on the Audi. The nasty yellow festoon lights were horrible and provided no illumination at all. The white ones I installed really suit it and are very useful.

I do enjoy these Nathanisms though, to be honest. It never even occurs to me that the type of interior bulbs other people install - people I don't know - is something that could even cross my mind, let alone be irritated or upset by.
mik

Post by mik »

My name is mik and I havd been LED astray. :oops:

Rear number plate bulbs on the VXR8.

Boot lights on the Evora.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Nathan -> triggered
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I just remembered that I changed the ones in my Mito in 2009. Almost a decade ahead of the trend 8-)
How about not having a sig at all?
scotta

Post by scotta »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:54 am I strongly believe it to the latter. I don't regret changing the interior lights on the Audi. The nasty yellow festoon lights were horrible and provided no illumination at all. The white ones I installed really suit it and are very useful.

I do enjoy these Nathanisms though, to be honest. It never even occurs to me that the type of interior bulbs other people install - people I don't know - is something that could even cross my mind, let alone be irritated or upset by.
I have a confession - the Lotus came with those LED's fitted. It wasnt me. I did however fit some in the golf myself. The DRL's on the BMW are currently broken and im awaiting replacements from the bay so the standard bulbs are back in for the moment.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:51 am I regret clicking on this thread. I don't know what is sadder, caring enough about the interior bulbs in your car to swap them for LEDs (was there ever a scene of HID upgrades for them?) or caring enough about other people doing it that you'd post this thread.
It was more an acknowledgement of tasteless upgrades being popular, like Lexus lights and powered by fairy dust stickers.

No ruminating necessary.

I'm not sure why such an innocuous post would get such a reaction, but here we go.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

speedingfine wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:53 pm Nathan i am interested in just how shit these interior led bulbs are, post some pics.
Toss like this. When you go to take it apart you find the housings are cracked and tabs broken. Call me a twat.

Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Nathan wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:39 pm
speedingfine wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:53 pm Nathan i am interested in just how shit these interior led bulbs are, post some pics.
Toss like this. When you go to take it apart you find the housings are cracked and tabs broken. Call me a twat.

I'm going to call you a twat because you don't need to take any interior trim apart to change the colour of the interior lights on the car in the picture :lol: So what's your point again?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

That the tabs are broken on the interior light fittings. That was clear enough, wasn't it?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Do you hear that? That’s the sound of my broken nights sleep because I know that somewhere out there a Ford has a broken interior light tab because it’s cunt of an owner decided to fit a led light. The insomnia is unbearable.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Welcome To Nathan's World.

WTNW.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:28 pm Do you hear that? That’s the sound of my broken nights sleep because I know that somewhere out there a Ford has a broken interior light tab because it’s cunt of an owner decided to fit a led light. The insomnia is unbearable.
I told you to keep that to yourself, damnit.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Nathan has somehow turned into a caricature of himself :lol:
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

I think they look shit too Nathan 8-)
evostick

Post by evostick »

Nathan, for your own sake you should learn to tolerate and accept our western customs. You're not in Afghanistan anymore.

In this country, if a man wants to change his lightbulbs for LEDs he can do just that.

You might want to be the Sharia police mate but that doesn't mean you fucking are does it.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

The TT had LED number plate lights which did a terrible job of lighting up the number plate. Put normal bulbs in and is much better.

I’ve yet to see them on a car where they light up the plate properly or don’t have loads of light scatter in the rain.

You can have pink disco LEDs in your interior for all I care though, I’m not sat in there.

Dave!
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:12 pm That the tabs are broken on the interior light fittings. That was clear enough, wasn't it?
When you're buying nearly new cars with tatty/broken light fittings, yes its an issue.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I still don't know what you do. Do you buy cars at auctions and flip them, or is that something your mates or relatives do?
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Buyer only
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

So why get involved with the interior lightin......nope, tell you what, I don't care and am giving up immediatel