LED light upgrades

nuttinnew

Re: LED light upgrades

Post by nuttinnew »

evostick

Post by evostick »

A thousand humble apologies.

It appears that despite his suspicious surname, N is not in fact a Paki at all.

Not that it would matter if he was of course. It wouldn't make him a bad person.

He's just likely to have fewer Merc aspiring criminal uncles due to the fact hat he's (allegedly) not.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If a little led interior light is more likely to result in your car being stolen I’m probably driving around begging to be raped with my massive lightbar - although I just mitigate that risk by not living in downtown Birmingham.
How about not having a sig at all?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Nathan i am interested in just how shit these interior led bulbs are, post some pics.
evostick

Post by evostick »

I've got interior mood lighting in my truck and I've yet to be raped or stolen.

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

evostick wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:12 pm I've got interior mood lighting in my truck and I've yet to be raped or stolen.

"GET OFF THE ROAD!"

"KILL THE LIGHTS!"
scotta

Post by scotta »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:27 pm Same here with the Audi :lol: - Nathan gonna hate 8-)
Waves. Golf and Renault had all the bulbs replaced with LED. Still to do the BMW interior but I have already done the DRL’s.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

At the risk of sounding like I agree with Nathan, aftermarket LED numberplate lights annoy. A couple of cones of light down that cast shadows over the plate, reflect off the bumper, and often cast a line on the road. Frequently brighter than the tail lights themselves, they don't do the job properly, they look shit, what's to like? :roll:
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

speedingfine wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:34 pm
evostick wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:12 pm I've got interior mood lighting in my truck and I've yet to be raped or stolen.

"GET OFF THE ROAD!"

"KILL THE LIGHTS!"
“RIGHT! RIGHT! RIGHT! RIGHT!”
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

People need to eat more carrots.

Dave!
scotta

Post by scotta »

nuttinnew wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:59 pm At the risk of sounding like I agree with Nathan, aftermarket LED numberplate lights annoy. A couple of cones of light down that cast shadows over the plate, reflect off the bumper, and often cast a line on the road. Frequently brighter than the tail lights themselves, they don't do the job properly, they look shit, what's to like? :roll:
H8r's gonna H8 H8 H8 H8 H8...

ImageUntitled by Scott Armstrong, on Flickr
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

scotta wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:23 am
nuttinnew wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:59 pm At the risk of sounding like I agree with Nathan, aftermarket LED numberplate lights annoy. A couple of cones of light down that cast shadows over the plate, reflect off the bumper, and often cast a line on the road. Frequently brighter than the tail lights themselves, they don't do the job properly, they look shit, what's to like? :roll:

clever, you can’t read the plate any more.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:17 pm If a little led interior light is more likely to result in your car being stolen I’m probably driving around begging to be raped with my massive lightbar - although I just mitigate that risk by not living in downtown Birmingham.
You're suggesting Birmingham has a nice part to it (other than the very centre, but that's not big enough to count)
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
scotta

Post by scotta »

Rich B wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:29 am

clever, you can’t read the plate any more.
Id suggest an eye test in that case.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I must say, that looks very shit
scotta

Post by scotta »

Richard wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:57 pm

Would it look better half painted matt black and taken through an automatic car wash?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

My thoughts exactly. Richard - you really don't carry much weight when it comes to comments on anything aesthetic :lol:
Richard

Post by Richard »

scotta wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:22 pm
Richard wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:57 pm

Would it look better half painted matt black and taken through an automatic car wash?
I need the Matt black bonnet for all the Rallying I do, OBVIOUSLY

And yes, I use a automatic car washes. I understand that I should be hand washing it with PH Neutral organic natural sheep’s vomit shampoo and waxing it with virgin’s Pre-cum, but I just don’t give enough of a frick
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I did change the interior lights in my last Saab and in fact the puddle lights were even a different colour! :lol:

From memory I did not have to dismantle the interior though.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I regret clicking on this thread. I don't know what is sadder, caring enough about the interior bulbs in your car to swap them for LEDs (was there ever a scene of HID upgrades for them?) or caring enough about other people doing it that you'd post this thread.