Waiving tally ho to nob heads on the roads

Orange Cola

Waiving tally ho to nob heads on the roads

Post by Orange Cola »

I don't hate it, I've loved it today :D

Nob head one this morning in an Ecoboost Fiesta, cut me up in traffic then took my exit at the motorway onto a dual carriageway. He got stuck in the left hand lane whilst I went past in the right hand lane, he then pulled out behind me cutting someone else up :roll: We stopped at a set of lights with him behind, as they went green he started being an impatient bugger so I gently started pulling a couple of car lengths on him as we went up the hill.

At the next set of lights which had turned red I was able to move over into the left lane and he immediately went to the right lane to try and get past me. As we pulled away I hung half a car length back but matching his speed through first and second gear, at the point where I changed to third, and he clearly thought he was getting the better of me, I gave it full throttle and left him like he'd found reverse. He caught up at the next set of lights and was glaring over absolutely fuming on the looser fly by.

Next bit of fun was this afternoon, going along in heavy but moving traffic with a huge queue of cars in front of me. A boggo Focus was weaving his way through traffic undertaking and cutting people up, he caught me up at the point where the traffic slowed and he was right up my arse at which point he proceeded to keep repeatedly accelerating and braking right up to my bumper. There was nowhere for me to go, I was doing the same speed as the outside lane and over taking what was nearly stationary traffic in the inside lane so couldn't even get out his way and let him go crash somewhere else.

A couple of miles later I moved out of his way to take my exit, I had to slow quite a bit to match the speed of the traffic in the inside lane and fit into a gap that was big enough for three cars to slot in without cutting anyone up. Nobhead decided not to slot into this gap but go one car ahead of me and cut up the queue of cars, then we both took the exit. The top of the slip road splits into four lanes with the right hand two usually being exceptionally busy and the left hand two very quiet. He was in the left hand middle lane - which is the correct lane for my exit off the roundabout at the top of the slip road - but he stopped about four car lengths short of the white line, so I thought fuck this I'm going to take advantage of his napping and went up the left hand lane and pulled in front of him filling the gap he'd be left between himself and the white stop line :D

Much anger ensued and he pulled out into the empty lane to my left so could pull away from me when the lights change. Lights went green, I matched his speed through first gear and then gave it full throttle in second, despite him trying to beat me off the line through his anger he promptly found reverse relative to me.

It won't make a difference to the way these people drive but just for once it's nice they don't get their own way.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
NotoriousREV

Re: Waiving tally ho to nob heads on the roads

Post by NotoriousREV »

I love doing that on the bike. Let them think they’re just about pulling ahead ever so slightly...and then actually open the throttle and laugh as they disappear behind 😁
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Marv

Post by Marv »

Seems these days that Ford owners have a chip on their shoulder 😆
Oui, je suis un motard.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

A very confusing title.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Did they see you waving tally ho!?
Left over crest; tightens.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JonMad wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:11 pm Did they see you waving tally ho!?
They waived their right to see it.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

GDPR probably.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:13 pmGDPR probably.
I don't see how you get "Rolf Harris" into that :|
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

That's probably what they said.