Suspected dead things in wallspace :(

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Suspected dead things in wallspace :(

Post by Jobbo »

Foz, it definitely isn't spilt milk is it - before you spend too much time ripping the place apart? You say it smelt like that at first, and from experience I know it begins to smell very vomit-like quite quickly (spilt a pint of it in my old Pug 205 back in the early 90s).
mik

Post by mik »

No crying now.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It does sound like a dead rodent, every few months the shed smells like someone’s taken the contents of a portaloo and cooked it in a steamer over a few days - it’s an eye watering shitty smell and looking under the raised foundations usually finds a decomposing rat.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Many years ago, my cat managed to lose a mouse in the kitchen, which promptly bolted behind the sink unit. I used a trap with a dollop of peanut butter against the kick board (having locked the pets and kids out of the room). The furry bastard was dead inside 3 minutes.

The cat and I were equally upset with each other.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Foz

Post by Foz »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:08 am Foz, it definitely isn't spilt milk is it - before you spend too much time ripping the place apart? You say it smelt like that at first, and from experience I know it begins to smell very vomit-like quite quickly (spilt a pint of it in my old Pug 205 back in the early 90s).
Yeah just removed the most horrendous biohazard from
The back of the fridge!

A carton had been spilt but it’s one of these frost free fridges, they have a small drain hole onto a catch tank that sits on the compressor- presumably designed to help heat and evaporate any drips.

So imagine this: lots old of milk- Circa a pint I reckon, of old milk, heated, warm weather, constantly fed with new water to keep it nice and moist..

Genuinely one of the most disgusting things I have ever smelt, spilt a load when removing it as well so spent hours cleaning down the back and bleaching eveything!

I stopped crying to gag! :|
GG.

Post by GG. »

:lol:

I'd have just bought a new fridge rather than try and clean that up.

Actually... ours has currently developed a knock that sounds like a rod-knock on a combustion engine so I suspect I will probably be doing that in short order anyway :(

At least you remedied it without having to do structural damage to the walls or floor - kind of a silver lining!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Still better than having to redo your tiling after ripping it apart for a mouse!
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Foz wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:14 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:08 am Foz, it definitely isn't spilt milk is it - before you spend too much time ripping the place apart? You say it smelt like that at first, and from experience I know it begins to smell very vomit-like quite quickly (spilt a pint of it in my old Pug 205 back in the early 90s).
Yeah just removed the most horrendous biohazard from
The back of the fridge!

A carton had been spilt but it’s one of these frost free fridges, they have a small drain hole onto a catch tank that sits on the compressor- presumably designed to help heat and evaporate any drips.

So imagine this: lots old of milk- Circa a pint I reckon, of old milk, heated, warm weather, constantly fed with new water to keep it nice and moist..

Genuinely one of the most disgusting things I have ever smelt, spilt a load when removing it as well so spent hours cleaning down the back and bleaching eveything!

I stopped crying to gag! :|
Despite this I would take that as a win. Sit back have a beer now safe in the knowledge that you don't have to spend the weekend knocking holes in the wall and then having to pay (which would probably hurt the most, LOL ;) ) a plasterer to cover it all up.

Carl.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

When I was a kid I won an Easter Egg competition by making the egg into a 747. Let's say I didn't win many (any) awards normally so let's just say I was proud with myself.

Four years later, when it broke and I realised I hadn't drained it, and we had to move out for two days while the air cleared - I still regretted nothing 8-)
GG.

Post by GG. »

Grim :lol:

I've got to stop reading this thread it's making my stomach turn.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’d like to know how you made the egg into a 747
How about not having a sig at all?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Stuck some wings and a tail fin on it, drew some windows and a BA livery.

I was about 6. Bit of leeway, please :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:19 pm Stuck some wings and a tail fin on it, drew some windows and a BA livery.

i can’t help but think mini JL missed a trick there.

If you were to do the same again these days (just an idea to keep you off the booze for a day?) which livery would you go for - eggs-over-easyJet, Ryanegg, frying pan-am?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Jimbo!
Cheers, Harry
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Rich B wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:29 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:19 pm Stuck some wings and a tail fin on it, drew some windows and a BA livery.

i can’t help but think mini JL missed a trick there.

If you were to do the same again these days (just an idea to keep you off the booze for a day?) which livery would you go for - eggs-over-easyJet, Ryanegg, frying pan-am?
Very good :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Norweggian.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Can you just drill a little hole into the wall cavity and have a sniff?

If you can smell the death through a wall, you’ll deffo smell it through a tiny hole
Richard

Post by Richard »

Also, it’s been several days now

How’s the hunt going?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

The outcome is not just on this thread, but actually on this page :lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:21 pm The outcome is not just on this thread, but actually on this page :lol:
I predict its the Fridge...Its always the fridge :D

What this thread needs is a poll..