Suspected dead things in wallspace :(

GG.

Re: Suspected dead things in wallspace :(

Post by GG. »

Despite my most expertly crafted trap... I have caught a sum total of nothing two nights running. Wonder whether I should switch to nutella rather than peanut butter as bait...

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Have you considered using chocolate biscuits as bait?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:04 pm Have you considered using chocolate biscuits as bait?
Or a chocolate digestive?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Richard

Post by Richard »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:21 pm The outcome is not just on this thread, but actually on this page :lol:
I’ve done well here...
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Get proper mouse traps you fanny. :lol: :lol:

They are good at catching mice and stopping them going on to breed. #trapthemiceandkillthemice
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

GG. wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:52 pm Despite my most expertly crafted trap... I have caught a sum total of nothing two nights running. Wonder whether I should switch to nutella rather than peanut butter as bait...

That is hilarious :lol:
GG.

Post by GG. »

Hilariously ineffective :?

Normal mousetraps being delivered tomorrow - just need to avoid a trip to A&E with a toddler's hand stuck in one!
mik

Post by mik »

I used one of these in our cellar previously. Very effective with a chunk of snickers as bait.

Caught upto 3 mices a night.

All released to a field about 2 miles from the house. Cant harm the wee buggars.

GG.

Post by GG. »

Where’s it from, Mik?

Don’t they just eat each other when you trap several in a confined space though?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I remember making a trap from Lego as a kid on holiday in France. Bloody effective, we caught a vole that then went on to bite my brothers finger!
mik

Post by mik »

GG. wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:24 am Where’s it from, Mik?

Don’t they just eat each other when you trap several in a confined space though?
EBAY although other sellers are available etc yada.

I did have one messy multi-mouse incident but i'd set the trap up and was then away on business for a couple of days. My bad. I caught3 over one night (second night it was down I think) and collected it in the morning. No zombie mice.
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:29 am I remember making a trap from Lego as a kid on holiday in France. Bloody effective, we caught a vole that then went on to bite my brothers finger!
Charlie the vole?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:44 am
Rich B wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:29 am I remember making a trap from Lego as a kid on holiday in France. Bloody effective, we caught a vole that then went on to bite my brothers finger!
Charlie the vole?
Charlie le campagnol
GG.

Post by GG. »

mik wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:43 am
GG. wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:24 am Where’s it from, Mik?

EBAY although other sellers are available etc yada.

I did have one messy multi-mouse incident but i'd set the trap up and was then away on business for a couple of days. My bad. I caught3 over one night (second night it was down I think) and collected it in the morning. No zombie mice.
That's interesting. The rolling log video on yootoob received whiney complaints as he filled the bucket half with water to drown them. The guy then tested it out without water resulting in one fat happy mouse and one mouse that had been disemboweled and had its brain eaten through its eye socket. :shock:
Richard

Post by Richard »

‪Check out 2x Mouse Trap Resueable Multi Catch Humane Metal Trap Alive Cat... by MarkUK https://amzn.to/2OTnIf8
mik

Post by mik »

GG.

Post by GG. »

Two normal traps also failed to catch anything last night. One with peanut butter as bait and the other with raisins. Pretty annoying given that a mouse darted under the table and into the old fireplace alcove in the dining room whilst we were eating dinner last night! Think I may need to give chocolate a go as bait.

The whole endeavour is not being helped by the fact my wife is terrified of ending up having to deal with a half-dead mangled mouse (after a bad experience in a university houseshare) so insists I don't leave them set up all day when it is just her at home, limiting it to a few hours overnight. Weekend is coming up though when I can just leave them out for a couple of days which should increase the probability of actually catching something.
mik

Post by mik »

Where are you setting your traps? I put the "entrance" to mine up against a wall where i thought they would run (they will do this in preference to running in open spaces.

As noted above - a bit of a snickers always worked for me.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Yes - against walls and next to some holes in the floorboards which I guess must have historically been the gas supply to old gas fireplaces that have since been ripped out. I need to fill these but obviously only after extracting all the mice!
scotta

Post by scotta »

I found that when the mousetraps were being set off and no mickeys in them that we had a Roland instead. Which expired under the floor in my neighbours house (Semi-detached) after i put some poison down.