Compound hangovers

NotoriousREV

Re: Compound hangovers

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’ve pretty much given up drinking due to the ferocity of my hangovers. It needs to be a proper special occasion for me to happily ruin the following 2 days.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Aye, I stopped doing MDMA because the week of mind crushing anxiety and panic attacks made it not worth it, now booze has started to do the same.

One day hangovers are fine but if it rolls over into two it starts to get pretty bad and if I have to work with a bad hangover I’m a mess.

Means all the nice spirits I buy last a bit longer though, I’m less inclined to arse the whole bottle in one sitting like I used to :lol:.
An absolute unit
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

That's basically the extent of it. Problem is I seem to find it more and more difficult to turn the taps off, the older I get.

Dryness is the way forward for the foreseeable.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Are you new to drinking? I thought everyone knew that the 'solution' to hangovers was basically prevention - Drink a LOT of water being going to bed. I mean, a couple of litres or so. Yes you'll be up a lot for a pee, but you won't get a hangover.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Simon wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:53 pm Are you new to drinking? I thought everyone knew that the 'solution' to hangovers was basically prevention - Drink a LOT of water being going to bed. I mean, a couple of litres or so.
Remembering to do so is my problem with this.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

That's a one-night-of-drinking solution. I'm talking four days on the lash near-constantly, where you essentially have blacked out by the end of each day so such adult solutions are simply not an option :D

That doesn't read too well, does it.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:39 pm That's basically the extent of it. Problem is I seem to find it more and more difficult to turn the taps off, the older I get.

Dryness is the way forward for the foreseeable.
I sometimes think I should knock it on the head for a bit but it’s the only thing I have any real talent for. It’d be a shame to waste that :).
An absolute unit
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Simon wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:53 pm Are you new to drinking? I thought everyone knew that the 'solution' to hangovers was basically prevention - Drink a LOT of water being going to bed. I mean, a couple of litres or so. Yes you'll be up a lot for a pee, but you won't get a hangover.
This plus 2 ibuprofen before sleep and the world is a better place.

The rest of you are just DIW 😂😂
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

If you have the presence of mind to drink water and take preventative medication before you go to bed, you haven't drunk enough to get a proper hangover HTH.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I don't think I've properly drank on two consecutive nights since 2003... :oops:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

The low is caused by lack of food and exercise :)
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Everyone missing the fact that this is a several day bender should be banned by Matty for idiocy :P

"He should just have a drink of water and he'll be right as rain" :roll: :D
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I'd be no good after the first 4am finish, so god knows how you managed to keep going.

The only solution is to become an actual alcoholic, constantly topping up your booze levels so the hangover never starts.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Trouble is an 'actual' alcoholic can't do anything without a drink when they wake up so arent really that concerned about a small head pain :lol: :lol:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

speedingfine wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:08 pm Everyone missing the fact that this is a several day bender should be banned by Matty for idiocy :P

Was just thinking that, not a clue :lol:
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:50 pm
speedingfine wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:08 pm Everyone missing the fact that this is a several day bender should be banned by Matty for idiocy :P

A hangover is mostly dehydration. Your body is short on sugar, salt and water. The obvious solution is to alternate dirty martinis, Daiquiris and lager.

HTH.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:50 pm

You have to respect the fact that many people on the forum don't drink much because it means they can't go out for a midnight drive on a Saturday night when the roads are nice and clear. :)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

It is interesting to see who knows what I'm on about, I have to confess. :D
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Thankfully, the mates I used to hit it hard with have all remained on my level. We don't see each other much but tend to go away for a weekend together, it usually consists of a hardcore first night then a tired / hungover night with a meal and a couple of quiet drinks. If there's a night three it might be a 75% night.

I have nothing but admiration for your ability to go balls out for an extended period. 8-)