Road users these days

PreacherCain

Road users these days

Post by PreacherCain »

<old man rant>
Fuck’s sake. Drove from London to Beaulieu today; it took me over three hours, the roads were rammed and every other car was being driven by a cunt, shit, wanker or prick. Zero lane discipline, complete lack of any observation in any direction, failure to notice traffic lights, and my personal favourite: the removal truck which pulled into lane 2 and nearly crushed me against the central reservation because its driver was eating something out of a paper bag which completely obscured the right side of his face.

I hope that fucker chokes on his next pie and shits himself to death on the M40.

Why is it that people have become so utterly, utterly shit at driving? Can I blame reality TV or social media? If not, why the FUCK not?

Other road users: twats.
</old man rant>
Swervin_Mervin

Re: Road users these days

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

The other day I saw some stupid cnut trying to turn her brat bus into a junction right near a school crossing and was wondering why she was struggling. She was drinking a fvcking brew. From a cup with a fvcking handle for Christ's sake.

I was a little on edge at the time as it was as I was en route to the wife who had been bumped into whilst taking the little one to nursery, by some other twat that had been driving like a cnut. I don't normally get riled enough to shout abuse from the car these days but that spilled me over the edge into an almost comedy road rager
GG.

Post by GG. »

I’ve decided that when I take over as benevolent dictator that the driving test will be preceded by a simple proficiency exam: 100 metres backwards in a straight line between cones.

If you fail, do not pass go, no hazard perception, no 8 tries at passing your test. You don’t meet the basic standards of spatial awareness you don’t pass the life skill enabling you to hold a licence.

I have a strong feeling it would take a frighteningly large number of shit drivers off the road.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

There is a disconcerting amount of drivers looking at something on their lap whilst driving these days. Presumably a phone.

Last week walking on a pavement by a junction, a girl failed to crawl forward to the front because she was so busy texting.

I shouted at her to get off her phone and she didn't even notice.

She didn't even have the radio on.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

PreacherCain wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:24 pmWhy is it that people have become so utterly, utterly shit at driving?
Mobile phones.

End of thread.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Nathan wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:33 pmLast week walking on a pavement by a junction, a girl failed to crawl forward to the front because she was so busy texting.
Got an image of a girl crawling along a pavement.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yes but using her elbows rather than hands because texting.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

These people also cause traffic jams. 35 in a 60 the other weekend with no opportunity to pass. No reason for going that speed either. The queue of cars behind was huge and each time to twunt holding everyone up slowed (fucking slowed from 35!) for a corner you could watch the cars bunch up and almost come to a stop in the mirror behind.

When an opportunity did come up to pass the people in the lead car didn't understand why there was a load of abuse being hurled at them as the other twats on the road started slowly dawdling past them.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s especially bad in London with all the Uber drivers. Why do they need 3 smartphones?! And they’re always fucking about with them at every traffic light. They should outright ban having phones in reach of the driver, don’t give a crap if you’re using it as satnav either as 99% of morons have shown they don’t have the mental strength to ignore using it to text.
How about not having a sig at all?
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I was standing near the M42 earlier watching the traffic for a minute and counted 6 cars on their phone
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:57 pm Yes but using her elbows rather than hands because texting.
She didn’t even have the radio on.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Nathan wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:26 pm I was standing near the M42 earlier watching the traffic for a minute and counted 6 cars on their phone
Cracking day out.

8-)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

#YOLO 8-)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

A38 tomorrow. Can’t wait!
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

As a rough estimate, how many cars do you think you'll be able to count?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:48 am As a rough estimate, how many cars do you think you'll be able to count?
I'm too excited to even think!
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I think even Beany is less weird than our Nath these days :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Ah, another SABRE member 8-)

I confess to regularly being distracted in traffic jams now and failing to notice the cars ahead are moving. The reason? The fucking great iPad-alike which forms the centre console of my Volvo.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Salute to the motorcycle police officer on the M25 this morning waving all the retards into the left hand lane, whilst travelling at 80mph. That’s what the Police should be doing. 😎
Cheers,

Ian