Road users these days

Nathan

Re: Road users these days

Post by Nathan »

Rich B wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:12 am A38 tomorrow. Can’t wait!
Street racing there tonight.

FWIW I did not set out to watch the traffic like a modern day Kez, but was waiting in a car park already.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

In terms of excitement, that sounds exactly the same. :D
Simon

Post by Simon »

The absolute cocksocket I was behind today on the M25 slip who insisted on crawling down it and joining the motorway at 35mph. Zero fucks given by them. They need to be dragged from their cars and thrown into the lion's enclosure at London Zoo. See if they're quite so lackadaisical then!
The artist formerly known as _Who_
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

PreacherCain wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:24 pm Zero lane discipline, complete lack of any observation in any direction, failure to notice traffic lights
Sounds like all the Aussies must be on holiday on the UK roads :lol:
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
scotta

Post by scotta »

Orange Cola wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:54 pm These people also cause traffic jams. 35 in a 60 the other weekend with no opportunity to pass. No reason for going that speed either. The queue of cars behind was huge and each time to twunt holding everyone up slowed (fucking slowed from 35!) for a corner you could watch the cars bunch up and almost come to a stop in the mirror behind.

When an opportunity did come up to pass the people in the lead car didn't understand why there was a load of abuse being hurled at them as the other twats on the road started slowly dawdling past them.
Similar last week heading south. Twisty road to Moffat from Edinburgh. Following an Orange Mokka. 30 - 35 in the NSL zone. braking for corners then taking them in the middle of the road. Short straight bits between the bends - middle of the road so nobody could pass. Eventually got to a straight bit and he floored it - presumably to stop me passing him. I was in the Golf - The pass was made!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

scotta wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:48 am
Similar last week heading south. Twisty road to Moffat from Edinburgh. Following an Orange Mokka. 30 - 35 in the NSL zone. braking for corners then taking them in the middle of the road. Short straight bits between the bends - middle of the road so nobody could pass. Eventually got to a straight bit and he floored it - presumably to stop me passing him. I was in the Golf - The pass was made!
I love that road, you do get a lot of daytrippers dawdling along though.
An absolute unit
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Orange Cola wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:54 pm These people also cause traffic jams. 35 in a 60 the other weekend with no opportunity to pass. No reason for going that speed either. The queue of cars behind was huge and each time to twunt holding everyone up slowed (fucking slowed from 35!) for a corner you could watch the cars bunch up and almost come to a stop in the mirror behind.

When an opportunity did come up to pass the people in the lead car didn't understand why there was a load of abuse being hurled at them as the other twats on the road started slowly dawdling past them.
Complete arse holes aren't they. Probably driving along moaning to their partner how the speed limit is dangerously high and how its a 'difficult drive, especially with those people behind'.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
scotta

Post by scotta »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:55 am

Complete arse holes aren't they. Probably driving along moaning to their partner how the speed limit is dangerously high and how its a 'difficult drive, especially with those people behind'.
similar story on the way back. although this time i was 4th car back. Nobody overtaking so on a long straight i did the 3 of them. Queue full beam from the guy in front. :roll:

Overtook a sprinter van further up the road and once again - full beam treatment. Perfectly clear road both times.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

You guys let the opinions of strangers bother you too much. If they're behind you, who gives a fuck. Let them do willycopters at you if they want.
scotta

Post by scotta »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 am You guys let the opinions of strangers bother you too much. If they're behind you, who gives a fuck. Let them do willycopters at you if they want.
I dont actually give a fuck. I just laugh inside at their annoyance.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Then as you were. 8-)
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 am You guys let the opinions of strangers bother you too much. If they're behind you, who gives a fuck. Let them do willycopters at you if they want.
I find a cheery "thank you" wave or thumbs-up to be incredibly effective at antagonising people who get cross about being overtaken - and I can bask in the warm, fluffy feeling of satisfaction at not having been dragged down to their level. :D

@Jobbo - my LOLVo has the enormous iPad thingy in the centre console too. How do you get it to do anything interesting/distracting? ;)

And yeah, I'm sure mobile phones are a root cause in a lot of this. That, and the fact that other people are overwhelmingly likely to be utter knobjockeys.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

PreacherCain wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:17 pm @Jobbo - my LOLVo has the enormous iPad thingy in the centre console too. How do you get it to do anything interesting/distracting? ;)
Playing with the graphic equaliser and tone controls so the stereo isn't too flat/sterile, changing the colour of the interior lighting and trying to see the change, wondering WTF the apps are all about but not getting anywhere before noticing the traffic has moved... that sort of thing.

Just scrolling the map around looking for traffic jams occupies a while.
scotta

Post by scotta »

PreacherCain wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:17 pm
I find a cheery "thank you" wave or thumbs-up to be incredibly effective at antagonising people who get cross about being overtaken - and I can bask in the warm, fluffy feeling of satisfaction at not having been dragged down to their level. :D

All of that. Nothing pisses them off even more than a display of not giving a fuckness.

Many years ago me and the now Mrs A were out in my car and some mad woman started raging at me so i replied with a big smile and a wave. Mrs A said - do you know her? No but that has now pissed her off more than giving her the bird would have :lol:
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

scotta wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:08 pm

All of that. Nothing pisses them off even more than a display of not giving a fuckness.

Many years ago me and the now Mrs A were out in my car and some mad woman started raging at me so i replied with a big smile and a wave. Mrs A said - do you know her? No but that has now pissed her off more than giving her the bird would have :lol:
Absolutely! Essentially, react to any abuse as if the other party has just congratulated you for being the best human EVAR - and watch them get crosser and crosser. It's childish and no doubt dangerous, but watching someone jumping impotently up and down in their seat like a meth-crazed chimp in a cage is deeply, deeply satisfying to me.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:06 pm
PreacherCain wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:17 pm @Jobbo - my LOLVo has the enormous iPad thingy in the centre console too. How do you get it to do anything interesting/distracting? ;)
Playing with the graphic equaliser and tone controls so the stereo isn't too flat/sterile
By which I’m sure you mean fastidiously ensuring that all levels are set to 0 so as not to distort the Volvos technically perfect amplification system :lol:
GG.

Post by GG. »

scotta wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:08 pm

I succumbed to the other method and gave the jumped up little indian guy in a Q3 the middle finger when he was on the horn immediately when I slowed to find a parking space.

I think the fact I PMSL when he shouted ‘go fack your mather’ probably enraged him more though. I’m looking forward to the toddler parroting that back with thick accent :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

GG. wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:03 pm
Playing with the graphic equaliser and tone controls so the stereo isn't too flat/sterile
By which I’m sure you mean fastidiously ensuring that all levels are set to 0 so as not to distort the Volvos technically perfect amplification system :lol:
No, you need to take account of the acoustics of the room. Didn't you listen to anything I said last week? :lol:

scotta

Post by scotta »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:04 pm
GG. wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:03 pm
No, you need to take account of the acoustics of the room. Didn't you listen to anything I said last week? :lol:

the 100hz setting is too low - HTH.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

A38 watching thread :lol: :lol: :lol: