Road users these days

mik

Re: Road users these days

Post by mik »

I knew someone that always had all bars on their graphic equaliser set to max. Because louder. :geek:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I always have the bass to the max.
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

GG. wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:11 pm ‘go fack your mather’
'I might as well, yours wasn't any good.'
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

scotta wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:08 pm
PreacherCain wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:17 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 am You guys let the opinions of strangers bother you too much. If they're behind you, who gives a fuck. Let them do willycopters at you if they want.
I find a cheery "thank you" wave or thumbs-up to be incredibly effective at antagonising people who get cross about being overtaken - and I can bask in the warm, fluffy feeling of satisfaction at not having been dragged down to their level. :D

All of that. Nothing pisses them off even more than a display of not giving a fuckness.
Had a fat couple behind raging at me, presumably as I hadn’t made a manoeuvre as quickly as they’d liked. I heard him beep the horn so looked in the mirror to see the fat bloke comically jumping up and down in his seat. His fat wife saw this and dutifully started jumping up and down too. The car was bobbing around, it was fucking ace. I gave them a thumbs up.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Had a rather bizarre incident on the motorway a few weeks back with a c220d estate weaving erratically behind me and sitting far too close to my rear. He promptly decides to undertake me, even though I had moved over at that point to let him past. He then slows down on the inside lane and just as I’m about to give him the look of disapproval, I realise that he was simply trying to incite me to boot it. I duly do so and I see him in the rear view mirror flashing and giving the thumbs up out of the window. This was in the Golf.

Bet Broccers doesn’t get that kind of attention in his dismal coloured one.

8-)
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

When I had the Impreza and the Celica almost any overtake was greeted with a finger. In the many Saabs and Volvos I have driven I tend to be under the radar.

I remember once trundling along the outside lane past the Metro Centre or close by at the speed limit a guy in a Picasso actually came out of the inside lane to flash and gesticulate wildly. My wife, who is far nicer than me reckoned "He is probably just a tosser who is sad he has a shit car" which made me laugh.

I wonder if people just feel sorry for me in my old bangers now.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I saw a very odd road user a few weeks ago. I was parked at McDonalds eating my food when I noticed a morbidly obese chap park next to me and far too close to my passenger side for him to have any chance of egress. At this point any sensible person would reposition their car or park somewhere else but this fat cunt just sits in his car and looks at me. I finish my food 10 minutes later and reverse out, finally he opens his door and waddles out to order his food!
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:18 pm I saw a very odd road user a few weeks ago. I was parked at McDonalds eating my food when I noticed a morbidly obese chap park next to me and far too close to my passenger side for him to have any chance of egress. At this point any sensible person would reposition their car or park somewhere else but this fat cunt just sits in his car and looks at me. I finish my food 10 minutes later and reverse out, finally he opens his door and waddles out to order his food!
You should've had a nap there instead..
The artist formerly known as _Who_
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:04 pm
GG. wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:03 pm
Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:06 pm
Playing with the graphic equaliser and tone controls so the stereo isn't too flat/sterile
By which I’m sure you mean fastidiously ensuring that all levels are set to 0 so as not to distort the Volvos technically perfect amplification system :lol:
No, you need to take account of the acoustics of the room. Didn't you listen to anything I said last week? :lol:

Making sure your ice sounds good mid accident, that's dedication 8-) .
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Maurice wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:11 pm Bet Broccers doesn’t get that kind of attention in his dismal coloured one.

8-)
I was walking out a supermarket last week and an old supplier contact along with his wife I used to be pally with bumped into me - asked how I was doing as he retired from print years ago. Said not bad and they asked what I was driving - pointed to the golf and they said 'oh well at least the dog will be comfy in your estate car'.

I agree with you, noone gives it a second glance :D :D :D
Beany

Post by Beany »

I had the opportunity to pop to the outskirts of bradford the other day. You pass one roundabout, and suddenly all concepts of lane discipline, appropriate speed and attentiveness go out of the window.

It was like being in Carmageddon, just with slightly improved driving standards.

I mean, shit, central Leeds can be busy and hectic, but people in there tend to be a bit more careful. I've never seen so much lane chopping or head so many hammered horns as I did on Monday.

Bonkers.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Beany wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:55 pm bradford
Solved.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

My current annoyance is people who do 10mph less than you want to be doing when they’re in front of you on the motorway, but then accelerate when they move over. I’m certain it’s not on purpose, they’re just idiots.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
scotta

Post by scotta »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:01 pm My current annoyance is people who do 10mph less than you want to be doing when they’re in front of you on the motorway, but then accelerate when they move over. I’m certain it’s not on purpose, they’re just idiots.
More of a minor annoyace is general folks inability to maintain a constant speed. Cruise set coming back from blackpool last week you pass someone and two mins later they pass you back and on it goes.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:01 pm My current annoyance is people who do 10mph less than you want to be doing when they’re in front of you on the motorway, but then accelerate when they move over. I’m certain it’s not on purpose, they’re just idiots.
Definitely on purpose to show who's boss after they've been caught napping. Remember - most people don't have the minerals to admit fault.
Beany

Post by Beany »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:50 pm
Beany wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:55 pm bradford
Solved.
Yup. I'd heard the rumours, but I never realised it would be as bad as it was.

And I've driven into Central London via the A1M FFS.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I’ve always quite enjoyed driving in central London. It’s sort of an unwritten rule that everyone drives like a cvnt so gives me freedom to do so too, and nobody seems to give a fuck.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I mainly drive the Landy where I've removed the passenger seat and made a set up so that Flash can have his bed there. Far fewer idiots contacting you while driving then.

Dave!