People

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Re: People

Post by IanF »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:19 pm There was a thread about that baby puncher on boatshoes. It's incredible

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... &t=1619669
Gave up after two pages, does Kermit show up??
Cheers,

Ian
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

IanF wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:37 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:19 pm There was a thread about that baby puncher on boatshoes. It's incredible

I bailed after page 5, when someone suggested that the sentence for punching a baby should be the same for if you'd punched another adult in a nightclub brawl. And that was after managing to ignore all the people who seemed to think that "it could happen to anyone".
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:22 pm
IanF wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:37 pm

I bailed after page 5, when someone suggested that the sentence for punching a baby should be the same for if you'd punched another adult in a nightclub brawl. And that was after managing to ignore all the people who seemed to think that "it could happen to anyone".
That's absolutely unfathomable.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The Occam's razor guy who reasoned that it couldn't possibly be as bad as the news story made it out to be was my favourite.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I'm guessing that he simply couldn't believe it could happen, which I can sort of understand.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Well that took an unexpected turn :shock:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Today's people moan; walking up to Sainsbury's entrance for ze weekly shop at about 3 o'clock, a couple of women tie a Yorkie on a short lead to a rail next to the doors and go in and leave it. Over the doors there's a blower facing down. I couldn't tell you if it blows out hot or cold air, but it's noisy and stirring the air up that's around the 30° mark. No water left, and the wee thing's crying it's heart out. I did what you would've done, tried comforting him. A security guard came over having seen the dog on it's own for a mo and kept an eye on him while I scooted off and got some water. When I came back I upturned a basket for a seat and stayed with him, making a fuss and trying to keep him calm - as soon as I took my hand off him he started crying and shaking again - until the women came back. You could see the panic fall away and the relief wash over him. As they walked off with him (after a few empty thank yous to me) a couple who had spoken to me earlier and knew what'd happened started having a reet good go at them. They were angry enough for me as well, so I toddled off to carry on with my day.
In terms of actual time they were gone, it wasn't perhaps that long in minutes, but that's far from the point...and there were two of them, why tf didn't one stay with him :evil:
You don't do things for thanks, but at one point he looked round at me so I leant forward to talk calmly and he popped a paw on my knee, stretched up and licked me on the nose; yay, random dog accepted me :D 8-)

Tl/dr; people are cunts, dogs are cool.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Experience tells me people are at their most hateful when they've been caught out after fucking up. It explains a lot of driving behaviour, for example - but with a dog? Jesus christ. Can't they just hold their hands up, say sorry and thank you?

One of the few things I'm proud of as a person is admitting instantly when I've fucked up. It's a rare trait, it would appear.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Seems to be the way of everything. Never admit / own up to anything, always try and blame something / someone else.

Always amazes me how much time and effort someone will spend trying to deny something you've got stacks of evidence they've done. It would cause far less stress and effort on all sides if they would just own up, apologise and move on.
Cheers, Harry
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

@nuttinnew - you don’t need anyone to say it but I will anyway...

Fair fucking play... nowt more to say.. 👏
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:53 pm Experience tells me people are at their most hateful when they've been caught out after fucking up. It explains a lot of driving behaviour, for example - but with a dog? Jesus christ. Can't they just hold their hands up, say sorry and thank you?

One of the few things I'm proud of as a person is admitting instantly when I've fucked up. It's a rare trait, it would appear.
integrale_evo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Seems to be the way of everything. Never admit / own up to anything, always try and blame something / someone else.

Always amazes me how much time and effort someone will spend trying to deny something you've got stacks of evidence they've done. It would cause far less stress and effort on all sides if they would just own up, apologise and move on.

Exactly! So many people nowadays seem to have zero sense of responsibility. It's never their fault. Wankers!

As JL says, just hold your hands up if you make a mistake and move on.