Ryanair

Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Re: Ryanair

Post by Gavin »

Rich B wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:42 pm I went on an easyJet flight somewhere ages ago, they let all the priority people out the doors first, followed by the rest of us... out to the bus. The bus then drove 2 mins to the plane and opened the doors on the other side.

People were going fvcking mental, pushing and shoving their way to the stairs! 😂
TPWBBSTTTAW
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Richard wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:27 pm Priority Boarding = getting to sit on the hot and uncomfortable plane for longer AND paying extra

Last on the plane = winning
I didn't add the important part that we only took hand luggage so being allowed to take it on board was vital for saving time. Didn't queue to get on. I see your point tho as that usually is us if we have a suitcase as it makes no odds.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Looks like we need to use Ryanair for the first time in Feb, as we want to go to Riga for the weekend. Other airlines do fly there, but the times are dreadful, meaning you's lose your first & last days holiday, which is stupid. Only BA offer similar times, but at the moment, they are more than tripple the price :roll:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Gwaredd wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:53 am Looks like we need to use Ryanair for the first time in Feb, as we want to go to Riga for the weekend. Other airlines do fly there, but the times are dreadful, meaning you's lose your first & last days holiday, which is stupid. Only BA offer similar times, but at the moment, they are more than tripple the price :roll:
The reality is that it's a few hours out of your holiday, if you follow their rules you'll be fine and unstressed, and they'll get you there just the same as BA. You pays your money etc...

I'm pretty sure BA has less leg room than Ryanair, too.

They're still a horrible company, though, you just have to play their game.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:04 pmThey're still a horrible company, though, you just have to play their game.
Is there a Human Being's Guide To Not Being ArseFucked By Ryanair anywhere? Listening to my parents, who are forced to used to use those cunts regularly, it sounds absolutely mindboggling if you're to not get screwed over by them.

Ryanair - that is. Not my parents - they're nice.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:11 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:04 pmThey're still a horrible company, though, you just have to play their game.
Is there a Human Being's Guide To Not Being ArseFucked By Ryanair anywhere? Listening to my parents, who are forced to used to use those cunts regularly, it sounds absolutely mindboggling if you're to not get screwed over by them.
As I said: you need to play by their rules and assume there is no leeway.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

My post was more about having those rules in a nice clear list Dave - I never assume leeway in published rules as that allows personal assumption to interfere.

For example:

1. Print your own boarding pass
2. Print your own luggage label
3. Get there x hours before
4. Wear green
5. Don't be left-handed

etc

:lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Thing is, a lot of the people that complain about Ryanair are the ones that turn up with a 30kg suitcase, that they expect to fit in the overhead locker, with no boarding pass.

But, having said that, I've seen them charge someone to put their hand luggage in the hold because when they put it in that test thingy, the sewn-on badge on the front of the case got caught on the frame so it wouldn't go all the way in and the bitch wouldn't let the guy try again despite loads of people having a go at her.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Fair enough, and for fuck's cunting sake, very much in order of those two paragraphs!
Simon

Post by Simon »

But on the subject of carry-on luggage, just about all the airlines I've dealt with clearly define what's allowed in carry-on on their website. Some (as mentioned, Ryanair, EJ, others too) include the little measuring cage thing at the airport.

So how the juddering fuck, when I've gone to the effort of buying 'cabin safe' bags specifically designed within airlines' allowed limits, do I then see people carrying a 6 foot long rucksack, or a suitcase big enough to stow a body onto the plane and try to manhandle them into the overhead lockers? Why aren't these people stopped at check-in, baggage drop, the gate etc?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Simon wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:41 pm

So how the juddering fuck, when I've gone to the effort of buying 'cabin safe' bags specifically designed within airlines' allowed limits, do I then see people carrying a 6 foot long rucksack, or a suitcase big enough to stow a body onto the plane and try to manhandle them into the overhead lockers? Why aren't these people stopped at check-in, baggage drop, the gate etc?
Oh, so this! We found some tickets to San Fran for £285 direct, so thought fuck it. Only, they're cheap because it's cabin baggage only & we're last bording priority, so we're taking backbacks as they're easier to squeeze under the seat as I'll bet my left nut the overhead bins will be rammed by the time we get on. A family of 5, 10 days around California from backbacks is going to be a challenge though! :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Gwaredd wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:50 pm
Simon wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Oh, so this! We found some tickets to San Fran for £285 direct, so thought fuck it. Only, they're cheap because it's cabin baggage only & we're last bording priority, so we're taking backbacks as they're easier to squeeze under the seat as I'll bet my left nut the overhead bins will be rammed by the time we get on. A family of 5, 10 days around California from backbacks is going to be a challenge though! :lol:
Roll your clothes, don't fold.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

You think I pack??? :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Hell.

That sounds like actual, real Hell.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Gwaredd wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:59 pm You think I pack??? :lol:
OK, tell that woman who you've kidnapped into a life of servitude to roll your clothes rather than fold :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Everyone, whenever you consider doing anything these days, make sure you ask yourself first WWNRD.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

No, I prefer WWND - Nathan is my inspiration 8-)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:15 pm No, I prefer WWND - Nathan is my inspiration 8-)
Blimey, you’ll never do anything then!
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Saves me a fortune 😍
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich would no doubt spend a week building a shed in which to store his holiday clothes as a handy alternative to actually taking his clothes with him.
Middle-aged Dirtbag