Ryanair

dinny_g

Re: Ryanair

Post by dinny_g »

Don't get me wrong - it was far from uncomfortable but that looks a very nice way to travel. BA's business class is similar on the Transatlantic routes.

Was that from the South Africa trip ?
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:09 am Ah it was an upgrade on miles, I was just fishing for a Broccering. And I don't live alone, I live with two cats and an ever-present feeling of self-hate so ner :D
TRIGGERED! I was only joking... ;)

And jealous.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Takes more than that to trigger me, Taffy :lol:

Dinny - no, flight back here on Monday. SA was 777 business, nice enough but the 380 wins.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Oh very nice. I shall think of that image when we are crammed in the blue and yellow torture seats. :lol:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Hey if it gets too much, just scoot down the end to the bar and have a few liveners :lol:

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I don't fancy yours much :lol:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Ain't dat da truth :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I was on track for enough points to get a first class upgrade as I really wanted to try the shower on the A380 but I think my points have reset as I haven’t been allowed to fly almost 2 years now.
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

My only experience of the A380 was premium economy, but surprising just how quiet and smooth it is.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

They're amazing - even when being given the ginger stepson treatment on takeoff they're essentially silent.
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

BA Business is pretty tired these days, but I understand there's a new cabin being rolled-out so perhaps it will improve - the general impression I've had over the past few years has been incremental cost-cutting and the gradual shaving-away of the quality. Certainly short-haul there's nothing to choose between BA and EZY these days. BA First is pretty decent though, and remains my first choice for long-haul. 8-)

Last November I had my first experience of the new AA business class service on the NYC route - a nice surprise to see how comfortable it was and on-board wifi actually worked very well (another first for me). I've never tried Emirates, but I've heard really good things.

Oh, yeah. Fuck Ryanair, and all connected with it. Especially that O'Leary cunt.
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:23 pm They're amazing - even when being given the ginger stepson treatment on takeoff they're essentially silent.
380s are very cool - I had a rear-facing seat on a BA flight once and looking down the leading edge of the wing on take-off was most impressive. You can see the wing starting to fly considerably before the wheels leave the ground, and the flexibility is JUST this side of scary.

Not bad for something built by Welshmen. ;)
Simon

Post by Simon »

Oh forgot to say. I had a good nosey round Airbus's development A380 many years ago, which had the huge barrels for water to simulate load and load movements (the photos of which conspiracy theorist idiots prove the existence of chemtrails).

We left that plane via the door just in front of the wing, and looking across the length of the wing from that angle makes you realise just how ridiculously huge the aircraft is.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

My last long haul bus-class flight was Emirates (not an A380 though).

It certainly eases the pain a bit. Full flat beds now are infinitely better than recliney-lounger things you got in the past (not talking about Emirates there)
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Eurowings/Germanwings still do free sandwiches and soft drinks. Owned by Lufthansa, so pretty reliable. Everyone else flying short haul are very similar these days.

Norwegian will probably go to the wall/be bought out in the next 12 months. Lufty and IAG both made offers already, but the owner doesn’t want to sell. They are haemorrhaging money though.

O’Leary is a cunt.

ETA: are we still loving Emirate’s A380?

https://news.sky.com/story/emirates-jet ... k-11490923
Cheers,

Ian
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

GermanWings all good till the pilot decides to fly into an Alp.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

IanF wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:34 pm

ETA: are we still loving Emirate’s A380?

https://news.sky.com/story/emirates-jet ... k-11490923

Yes.
What JL leaves in them, not so much.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

PreacherCain wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:35 pm GermanWings all good till the pilot decides to fly into an Alp.

If that had been a Ryanair plane it would have missed the Alp and ended up 80km away.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

PreacherCain wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:51 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:23 pm They're amazing - even when being given the ginger stepson treatment on takeoff they're essentially silent.
380s are very cool - I had a rear-facing seat on a BA flight once and looking down the leading edge of the wing on take-off was most impressive. You can see the wing starting to fly considerably before the wheels leave the ground, and the flexibility is JUST this side of scary.

And Scousers.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:17 am
PreacherCain wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:51 pm

And Scousers.
Possibly even some from Birkenhead. *shudder*