Ryanair

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Ryanair

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:19 pm Rich would no doubt spend a week building a shed in which to store his holiday clothes as a handy alternative to actually taking his clothes with him.
whereas Rev would spend hundreds to employ a team of professionals to pack and carry his clothes to the plane.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Then answer emails all throughout the trip :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:42 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:19 pm Rich would no doubt spend a week building a shed in which to store his holiday clothes as a handy alternative to actually taking his clothes with him.
whereas Rev would spend hundreds to employ a team of professionals to pack and carry his clothes to the plane.
That sounds awesome!
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

I don't pack as it's never good enough, so don't bother now. My wife is a packing freak. She can get so much into a small bag it's unreal. She's shit at changing clutches though, so y'know.

JL. What would you need for 10 days in reality? 2 pairs of trousers, 2 pairs of shorts, 5 tops, 5 pants, 5 socks. Halfway round, we put them in the laundromat whilst we're at magic mountain & good to go. If we need anything else, we'll buy it & leave it out there if need be, as @ £120.00 a bag, it's cheaper this way. And a cheaper flight means more spends.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Well what can I say we made it back only 40 mins late which in itself is a minor miracle :lol: :lol:

Priority boarding at Faro = go through the gate and stand on a bus first for 20 mins. When everyone was on said buses (inc none priority) we were taken to the aircraft to continue to stand watching the people who landed start coming off :lol:

None prority folk boarded after we were on about 20 mins after having stood longer and then having to put their hand luggage on a trolley to be inserted into the hold = more waiting at EMA.

Flight was ok apart from that.

As for only taking hand luggage - our apartments in tavira and seville both had washing machines so ideal for travelling light.

I've decided I'd like to live somewhere sunny for a few months a year when its dark and depressing here.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Gwaredd wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:07 pm
JL. What would you need for 10 days in reality? 2 pairs of trousers, 2 pairs of shorts, 5 tops, 5 pants, 5 socks. Halfway round, we put them in the laundromat whilst we're at magic mountain & good to go. If we need anything else, we'll buy it & leave it out there if need be, as @ £120.00 a bag, it's cheaper this way. And a cheaper flight means more spends.
Totally agree.

However, I'll just point out here you haven't mentioned any of the following :

1. Ryanair
2. Long haul
3. Wife
4. Children
5. Three

😂

Did you think I thought the rucksack was the hell part?!! :D
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:16 pm
Gwaredd wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:07 pm
Totally agree.

However, I'll just point out here you haven't mentioned any of the following :

1. Ryanair
2. Long haul
3. Wife
4. Children
5. Three

😂

Did you think I thought the rucksack was the hell part?!! :D
I'm 100% certain that this isn't a Ryanair flight he's talking about.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

My bad - I must have got confused by the ambiguous thread title.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I don't see how it's possible to have made such a mistake?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I don't know either. Probably best if I just go quietly kill myself. :D
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Let me know if you need any advice
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Thank you for your support 8-)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Please dont kill yourself JL - just self harm a bit :lol: :lol:

Do Ryanair do longhaul?
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

To Clarify:

We might be using Ryanair next Feb for a weekend away to Riga.

We (wife, 3 kids) are going away this oct for a mini road trip around california, taking only a backpack full of clothes EACH.

No self mutilation is required for a simple mistake. You stupid cunt.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I got the one bag each thing, but on the basis of the thread being about Ryanair, who gives a fuck about your holiday in October on bloody Ginger Welsh Airlines or whoever the fuck you're blathering on about?! 😂
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

You know full well. It was so I could brag about getting a good deal & the fact I'm going to California. Nothing to do with oversized cabin bags being stuffed into overhead storage going unchecked at the gate.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I knew that all along, tbh :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:03 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:42 pm
That sounds awesome!
I knew a lotto winner who travelled like that - couriered his luggage to his hotel in advance- because he could.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:49 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:03 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:42 pm whereas Rev would spend hundreds to employ a team of professionals to pack and carry his clothes to the plane.
That sounds awesome!
I knew a lotto winner who travelled like that - couriered his luggage to his hotel in advance- because he could.
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I shall have to investigate such services...

Baggage allowance is yet another reason to enjoy the whole "turn left when boarding" long haul flight experience. Last time we went to California we brought 5 cases of wine back with us as hold baggage, without any problem.

We went through the red channel only to discover that Customs weren't interested either, which was a bonus. 8-)
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

It started with a trip to the Maldives or somewhere of that ilk where there would be international flight plus smaller flights and then, finally a 'Boat plane' to the resort etc.

He had bags and bags of clothes, Computers, cameras, 'tech', all his scuba gear, all his wife's etc. No First Class option on the Dublin to London leg meant he'd have to manage this through Dublin Airport. He was pretty confident that Heathrow would take care of it to the international flight (1st class customer etc.) but then he though of the regional flight and the boat plane etc and rang DHL for a quote...

I did notice EasyJet are no offering similar - they'll collect it from your house and deliver it to the Carousel in your arrival Airport. Not the whole Lotto winners experience but if you were going to Spain for a fortnight with a family of Kids, well worth it - not expensive either
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…