Vomit

DeskJockey

Vomit

Post by DeskJockey »

Heading up the M25 yesterday, 20 minutes from our destination (and an hour from home) the middle one suddenly starts crying in that full-bore wailing way that toddlers do that means something serious has happened and he manages to say that his face hurts before vomiting copiously and violently down himself, the book he was reading and his car seat. Cue me diving across five lanes of traffic and onto the hard shoulder. Spent 15 minutes cleaning up what we could before heading for the next junction to turn around and head home.

That was a long 90 minutes (thanks, M25 traffic), the car stank! Took the covers and various fabric bits off the car seat and stuck them in the washing machine. Then emptied the car of everything not screwed down and went to have it thoroughly cleaned.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar might be the only thing that couldn't be saved from that mess.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Re: Vomit

Post by mik »

I remember preparing my Leon for sale, getting it spotless inside and out, writing the ad : planning to post it up on a Thursday night as i was returning from a business trip on the Friday.

For reasons still known only to her, she decided to take it instead her own car to take the kids somewhere. One of them vomited sll over the back seat. She wiped it up but the car stank of vomit when i returned. Had to delay the selling process whilst I tried to eliminate it. Not eady. Wet vacs (with the hand held parts that spray cleaning solution at a little pressure, and then hoover it (and whatever else) back up are your friends).
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I rather enjoy watching adults vomit - it beggars belief how much they are capable of spewing. Day 1 out on the boat last week and a rather rotund Welsh gentleman vomited an amount so phenomenally copious, it made Mr Creosote look rather under-performed and unimpressive. It was also produced without fanfare or preamble and was simply initiated with a turn of the head sideways. It was awesome 8-)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:15 pm I rather enjoy watching adults vomit - it beggars belief how much they are capable of spewing. Day 1 out on the boat last week and a rather rotund Welsh gentleman vomited an amount so phenomenally copious, it made Mr Creosote look rather under-performed and unimpressive. It was also produced without fanfare or preamble and was simply initiated with a turn of the head sideways. It was awesome 8-)
To each their own, I guess.
---
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

mik wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:10 pm I remember preparing my Leon for sale, getting it spotless inside and out, writing the ad : planning to post it up on a Thursday night as i was returning from a business trip on the Friday.

For reasons still known only to her, she decided to take it instead her own car to take the kids somewhere. One of them vomited sll over the back seat. She wiped it up but the car stank of vomit when i returned. Had to delay the selling process whilst I tried to eliminate it. Not eady. Wet vacs (with the hand held parts that spray cleaning solution at a little pressure, and then hoover it (and whatever else) back up are your friends).
Luckily I've got seat protectors!
---
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

My 5 year old announced that his body hurt when we were 200 yards from where we were dropping him off. The worst bit was that he spewed so much that it ran down the hole in the rear bench where the buckle comes out and made a puddle under the seat. I'm indebted to my Mother in law for cleaning it up as Kathryn and I were dressed to the 9s for Jobbo's wedding at the time.

My car stank for a couple of weeks. Upholstery cleaner and my tears seemed to do the trick.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

One time I was in a car with a baby that had been given strawberry milk by some bright spark. They threw up all over the back seat of the car and it was so bad that the smell of strawberry milk still gives me the boak nearly 20 years later.
An absolute unit
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Sometimes it's just better to clean the car with petrol and matches.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Had an incident like that some years ago, my middle one and his brother scoffed a load of strawberries when we stopped at a services on the way back from the brother in laws in Holland. It must of been about 20 miles from Dunkirk when the younger one complained and then promptly threw up the lot on himself and his car seat. I found a place to stop and cleaned him and bagged his clothes and car seat covers and then drove to the port arriving as they were loading the boat. The stink was horrific, but fortunately he missed my car totally, so only the seat and clothes to wash.

Carl.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

This doesn’t come close to having a dog have explosive diarrhoea inside a car on a 2 hour drive home. The only saving grace was the leather interior and rubber floor mats otherwise the car would have been written off I imagine. The stench could only be described as taking a turd and then baking it for hours on end. Fucking putrid.
After decontaminating the car we just left it parked in the garage for a month with the windows down to finally let all the lingering smell of faeces dissipate.
How about not having a sig at all?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

A family member had a good few bottles of red at a family wedding. For some reason that group of family members chose to drive back from we will say Norfolk way to Lancashire after the wedding, five up in the car. An hour from home they let rip, red wine vomit down the back of the driver, over the cloth interior and into multiple plastic storage areas in the back of the car.

Two pissed off parents, a pair of incapacitated brothers through laughter, two sets of dead clothing which were brand new and a written off interior being bailed out at the side of the road at 2am. Those texts cured my hangover the next day!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Myself, the wife, Dad, Bro & his then girlfriend went to a family bash in Lincoln 3 or 4 years ago. When I collected bro & g/f they'd been on a big bender the evening prior. Bearing in mind this was the first time we'd met her, she managed half way before filling her handbag with vomit in the back of my car.

At the bash my wife was taking great pleasure in my not being able to drink and quaffing plenty of red wine. She managed to get nearly all the way home before we had to stop so she could projectile vomit out of the car door. She vomited so hard that she did the most enormous fart. Thought my Dad was going to pass away he was laughing so hard!!

Awesome day out!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sounds like a bonding experience!
---
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:13 pm Sounds like a bonding experience!
It was awesome and I remind them of it constantly. It's one of my Dads most treasured memories :lol: