Twitter

Simon

Re: Twitter

Post by Simon »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:48 pm Just a weird desire for approval.
Ding ding ding. Social media in a nutshell.

(PS, please like this post!)
The artist formerly known as _Who_
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I do enjoy RevDave getting all cross about people not liking social media, I have to say 😎
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:13 pm I do enjoy RevDave getting all cross about people not liking social media, I have to say 😎
I don’t care whether people like it or not. It’s making out that it’s some unfathomable weirdness that can’t ever be explained that I find annoying. I mean, I don’t “get” Pinterest in the sense that I don’t have a use for it, but that doesn’t mean I can’t use some basic human empathy and a little imagination and consider that others might.

If you don’t understand how hashtags work or what they’re for, you’re an idiot. Similarly, if you can’t figure out why people want to share their photos with a wider audience than just blood relatives, you should probably work with your doctor towards some kind of diagnosis.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

For example 😂
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:34 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:13 pm I do enjoy RevDave getting all cross about people not liking social media, I have to say 😎
I don’t care whether people like it or not. It’s making out that it’s some unfathomable weirdness that can’t ever be explained that I find annoying. I mean, I don’t “get” Pinterest in the sense that I don’t have a use for it, but that doesn’t mean I can’t use some basic human empathy and a little imagination and consider that others might.

If you don’t understand how hashtags work or what they’re for, you’re an idiot. Similarly, if you can’t figure out why people want to share their photos with a wider audience than just blood relatives, you should probably work with your doctor towards some kind of diagnosis.
if you post photos of your dinner with 20 hashtags in the hope that someone you will never meet will press a button to say they like it, then you’re an idiot.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:58 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:34 pm

if you post photos of your dinner with 20 hashtags in the hope that someone you will never meet will press a button to say they like it, then you’re an idiot.
I don’t disagree with that.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Marv

Post by Marv »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:20 pm also, I’m not saying twitter or Instagram is bad, just that I don’t get it.
I quite like twitter and don't mind Instagram.

I like cars, so on Twitter I follow a load of car journalists*, who normally post interesting stuff about cars and what they're upto. Harry M usually tweets interesting stuff, for example. With Bikes I follow a load of road racers, who also tweet interesting stuff.

It's not really that hard.

Of course there's influencers and people who are just out there to self-promote, on all forms of social media . But you're not forced to follow them. Just follow the people you find engaging, who post post things you find interesting.
Oui, je suis un motard.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

No Marv. There’s only people taking pictures of their food. There’s no other content.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Marv

Post by Marv »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:11 pm No Marv. There’s only people taking pictures of their food. There’s no other content.
FFS. I must be DIW. Again.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Marv wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:03 pm
Rich B wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:20 pm also, I’m not saying twitter or Instagram is bad, just that I don’t get it.
I quite like twitter and don't mind Instagram.

I like cars, so on Twitter I follow a load of car journalists*, who normally post interesting stuff about cars and what they're upto. Harry M usually tweets interesting stuff, for example. With Bikes I follow a load of road racers, who also tweet interesting stuff.

It's not really that hard.

Of course there's influencers and people who are just out there to self-promote, on all forms of social media . But you're not forced to follow them. Just follow the people you find engaging, who post post things you find interesting.
do you post stuff with hashtags?
Marv

Post by Marv »

As many as possible.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Marv wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:05 pm As many as possible.
excellent. #nofilter #evo #ov9 #pleaselikeme #needyasfuck #imdesperate #hashtag
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:34 pm but that doesn’t mean I can’t use some basic human empathy and a little imagination and consider that others might.
:shock:
You ok hun?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:08 pm
Ta, you’ve reminded me to add the #ov9meet tag to my instagram posts.
Left over crest; tightens.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

JonMad wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:08 pm
Rich B wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:08 pm
Ta, you’ve reminded me to add the #ov9meet tag to my instagram posts.
I put that in our Summer Meet topic! 🙄

😉
Cheers,

Ian
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Indeed, but I’d forgotten until I saw this thread.
Left over crest; tightens.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Here to help.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:04 pmHere to help.
#hth #ffsitsnotrocketscience
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:31 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:04 pmHere to help.
#hth #ffsitsnotrocketscience
#nofilter