Whatever I've done to my back

integrale_evo

Whatever I've done to my back

Post by integrale_evo »

This getting old thing sucks.

Two weeks ago today I was just grubbing around in the floor swapping some extension cables over. Suddenly I couldn't lean forward without a shooting pain and my lower back locking up.

The next day I could barely move, pain killers only just taking the edge off. Monday I struggled to get up but once stood and moving around it got better, through the week it seemed to be getting better until Thursday evening when it decided to spaz out again. Friday it was almost unbearable. Thankfully a short day at work, if it had been a full day I wouldn't have made it through.

Saturday and Sunday mostly laying down, again gradually easing.

All through the week it's been getting slowly better, but still uncomfortable at times and I've not been able to get anything done on the cars despite two lovely warm dry weeks. Even today if I sit wrong it starts to ache or feels like it's seizing up.
Cheers, Harry
mik

Re: Whatever I've done to my back

Post by mik »

Backs are bastards.

Liberally applied Voltarol (in addition to painkillers and anti-inflamatories) usually helps.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I would highly recommend not doing whatever it is you did to your back.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Me too.

The annoying thing is there wasn't really a thing.

If it had been while doing something like wrestling a gearbox or having a watchstrap breaking fight on the dance floor I probably wouldn't be so fed up with it :lol:
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ouch :(
It's always the way, it's always a little thing that brings the pain, rather than any of the big things done beforehand.
Gws.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I put mine out changing nappies on a surface a “slightly different height to normal”.

Thankfully it doesn’t seem to have left any permanent damage but it hurt like fuck for a week or two.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’ve always had a glass back but running has definitely helped it. I even had a spasm a couple of weeks back but went for a run and it relaxed itself after a few mins.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
scotta

Post by scotta »

Ive had years of back problems. At one point I lost the feeling in my right foot due to it being that bad it compressed the nerve ends. Physio and stretches the physio gives you is my advice. I did at one point consider surgery but luckily managed it with physio to get back to 90%. I don’t think I’ll be 100% again.

It does I concur hurt like fucking fuck when it goes. Had to give up rock climbing which I miss.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Pilates. I can highly recommend it.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division