Family

nuttinnew

Family

Post by nuttinnew »

Oh ffs :roll: :x

(Yeah, same poop as anyone & everyone, just needed to have a little grrr before trying to get to sleep :oops: ).
NotoriousREV

Re: Family

Post by NotoriousREV »

My wife and her brother are currently arguing because she tried to help him book a holiday and he’s booked his return flights to Glasgow instead of Manchester (because they were the cheapest) and they’re blaming each other. The train tickets cost more than the return flights and it takes 4 hours. He’s 46 years old and still can’t adult.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

Tell him I will pick him up and drive him down.

Then tell him I was just joking.

PS bus is cheap
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I think he’s just going to pay the £35 to fly to Manc (£100 cheaper than the train!)
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

Did he managed to book a departure time that was AFTER his arrival in Glasgow?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Simon wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:10 pm Did he managed to book a departure time that was AFTER his arrival in Glasgow?
He tried to book a hotel for 1 more night than he needed and he’s deliberately booked train tickets for a train 21 hours before he arrives at the airport with the intention of blagging his way onto a train that he hasn’t realised doesn’t run on a Saturday.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:32 pm He’s 46 years old and still can’t adult.

People have different mental capacities, everyone has things they're good and bad at, but from how you've spoken about him before he sounds like an arrogant cock who expects everyone to clean up after him. Failure isn't necessarily a bad thing, he, though, doesn't even attempt to succeed, expecting people to bail him out because he tried (and doubtless it wasn't his fault).
God loves a trier, everyone else thinks you're a cvnt.
Simon

Post by Simon »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:17 pm
Simon wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:10 pm Did he managed to book a departure time that was AFTER his arrival in Glasgow?
He tried to book a hotel for 1 more night than he needed and he’s deliberately booked train tickets for a train 21 hours before he arrives at the airport with the intention of blagging his way onto a train that he hasn’t realised doesn’t run on a Saturday.
:shock:

Where's he off to, out of interest?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:51 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:32 pm He’s 46 years old and still can’t adult.

People have different mental capacities, everyone has things they're good and bad at, but from how you've spoken about him before he sounds like an arrogant cock who expects everyone to clean up after him. Failure isn't necessarily a bad thing, he, though, doesn't even attempt to succeed, expecting people to bail him out because he tried (and doubtless it wasn't his fault).
God loves a trier, everyone else thinks you're a cvnt.
From what I've heard from Dave, I'm firmly in the 'brother-in-law is a useless cunt' category. God knows how our boy tolerates him.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Some kind of incredible cream (not salad) to calm a hand that itchy.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Nic got a call to say her cousin died of a heart attack last night. 57. Don't moan about them too much as while annoying at times they won't be around forever.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Broccers wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:02 pm Nic got a call to say her cousin died of a heart attack last night. 57. Don't moan about them too much as while annoying at times they won't be around forever.
Sorry to hear that.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:(

You're right, that's part of it behind the thread (from my perspective), and also why I didn't say what the moan was about.

I might rename it 'the general oh ffs thread' where you can come for a quick scream or shout to get things off your chest rather than self medicating (or being prescribed meds).
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Broccers wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:02 pm Nic got a call to say her cousin died of a heart attack last night. 57. Don't moan about them too much as while annoying at times they won't be around forever.
I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences for your loss.

I'm firmly of the opinion that you can choose your family. I have nothing to do with my dad's side of the family. I never knew them growing up and I have nothing in common with them. I'm low contact with my mum and sister.

However, I'm much, much closer to my Wife's family. Due to a very long story, two of the people that she calls her brothers aren't actually related to her by blood but they have a much stronger bond than I do with my family.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Cheers - its ironic that he had a falling out with family and only came round last year for Nics mums funeral where it was smoothed over - which in hindsight was a good thing as you cant change much when people die. :D :D
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:18 pm Cheers - its ironic that he had a falling out with family and only came round last year for Nics mums funeral where it was smoothed over - which in hindsight was a good thing as you cant change much when people die. :D :D
You're spot on with the can't change much when people die.

I was estranged from my dad when he died. His other children (pretty much all estranged to one degree or another) rushed to the hospital to his bedside when he was taken in. My opinion of him was unchanged. He was better not being a part of my life or that of my children. I didn't see him before his body gave up (he never regained conciousness) and I don't regret it. I don't really remember the last time I spoke to him and It's probably 30 years since I spent any time with him. I mourned the loss of what could have been, not of the loss of a person with any meaningful relationship to me.

Conversely, My grandfather died in January and it ripped my heart in two. I have nothing but good memories of him and he took great joy in my achievements and that of my children. I inherited his tools and when I'm using them I occasionally need to stop for a little cry before I can carry on.

I've got my sister and Mum on a low contact relationship at the moment and I'm comfortable with that, even if something terrible were to happen.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Heartfelt post Jimmy.

Personally I've always been a Fuck em if they run out of chances but as I get older and more mellow it's better to be the individual who gave all they can.

Death is Orrible anyway. We all save for when we are old rather than living. Makes you think!
evostick

Post by evostick »

Went to my Dad's 70th birthday party last night.

I wasn't looking forward to it. I haven't even seen my siblings for years despite the fact that two of them live close by. As for my cousins etc. I couldn't even pick them out in a line up.

Anyway, he'd rented a large Hotel/Conference type thing. It was a bit like the hotel from The Shining but in Summer and with angry Spanish servants knocking about.

I don't have a great relationship with my Dad due to historic differences between us but we both try and make the best of it while we can. My mother and he had a very prolonged and acrimonious divorce a long while back. Things never totally recovered in the family dynamic if you know what I mean. Shit still bubbles just below the surface and it shows on occasion.

Now my sisters are annoying as sisters are but we get on pretty well.

My elder brother and I get on ok despite our very different lifestyles. My brother, he loves guns. He spends his days shooting clays. Pretty much all of his days shooting clays, and he's gotten pretty good at it too.

As I'm sure you can imagine, the average full time clay pigeon shooter generally holds similar political views to the next one and tolerance of alternative lifestyles isn't really ever very high on the agenda. The other thing about my brother is that he's always had a tendency towards extreme violence when put under stressful conditions. I've been on the receiving end of it. He doesn't fuck about. He just tries to end you.

Now my nephew, aged 24, hasn't really had a very testing existence. He lives in London. He dresses like a sex offender and generally ponces around a lot whilst being sponsored by his wealthy stepfather.

Now sadly I wasn't there to witness it first hand because I had removed myself from festivities to the further reaches of the grounds. This was due to having just been on the receiving end of a personal slant from the Spanish manager because he's taken umbrage at the fact that I'd been getting booze from the bar staff and giving it to 16 year old 'children'. Some of them my own. Anyway, apparently the Spanish cunt was worried about his licence or something. I couldn't really see his point of view at all and he went and got a bit personal about it. My wayward hand was involuntarily balling into a fist and, for the sake of events, I decided to cool off before I twatted the cunt.

Whilst I was elsewhere breathing deeply (such maturity-I'm so proud of myself), my nephew, (the ponce), was trying to convince my brother to join him on the dance floor. He likes flailing around in front of people and shit.
Now my brother, (the right wing fundamentalist), doesn't much care for dancing. He also doesn't much like to be grabbed and pulled at. Particularly when he's already told the individual that's tugging at him and shrieking in his ear to fuck off in no uncertain terms whatsoever.

Unfortunately in this instance the ponce persisted. My brother, who was otherwise engaged deep in conversation with his fellow potential murderers, no doubt about very important stuff like who has the best shotgun and what to do with all the foreigners after brexit, got a little bit stressed out.

It's always the same.

First the eyes go funny. Then he starts shaking. And then he tries to strangle you to death. No-fucking-about-at-all. Hands locked around your throat, crushing the very life out of you whilst those dead grey eyes look through you and beyond to a world where you're just a fleeting memory.

Luckily for the ponce. On this particular occasion there were just about enough concerned parties nearby to remove the vice like grip from his scrawny neck.

But the damage had been done.

The ponces' mother (my sister) attacked my brother and was repelled by my brothers girlfriend (who also loves guns). The ponces' stepfather looked on confused because on the one hand he had seen a way to relieve himself of the ponce but on the other hand people expected him to be angry about it.

The shit had hit the fan. People left vowing never to speak again. My father looked on sadly, uncomprehending why this shit always happens around him. Then he poured himself another large glass of wine and settled in for the evening.

My kids, having never been to a such family occasion before, thought it was just about the best thing ever.

:roll:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I think the part that scares me most in all of this,Tim, is that it's almost without question that you are the normal one. We're all doomed.
evostick

Post by evostick »

Whilst I agree on the prognosis of doom, I'm not so sure re. the diagnosis of normal.

The evidence to the contrary is pretty convincing really.

I do try though.

Still, it's kept the kids quiet today. Making memes of their uncle killing their cousin.