Pilchards

duncs500

Re: Pilchards

Post by duncs500 »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:35 pm Tuna is probably the most mainstream NO foods for me. I'm sure I've probably tried it at some point in my life, but I find the smell so vile I wouldn't ever consider putting it in my mouth through choice.
You don't include tuna steaks in that I trust? ...because it is awesome.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:45 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:35 pm Tuna is probably the most mainstream NO foods for me. I'm sure I've probably tried it at some point in my life, but I find the smell so vile I wouldn't ever consider putting it in my mouth through choice.
Recently had some smoked tuna loin in Spain which was sublime.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:54 pm
Recently had some smoked tuna loin in Spain which was sublime.
Sounds alright to me!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, I can’t stand anything about tinned tuna - it’s just cat food, but tuna steaks are awesome.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That’s reminded me to make some smoked tuna this weekend. Annoyingly the fishmonger I buy the tuna from never specifies what particular type it is but it goes nice and pink when cooked and tastes a bit like ham. There’s another tyre which looks the same when raw which just ends up going brown and tastes pretty dry like tinned tuna once grilled.
How about not having a sig at all?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Tinned tuna is the only seafood I eat, and I have it a few times a week. Anything else fishy makes me retch. Warm tuna is an absolute no, though.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccoli, cauliflower, swede, cabbage, asparagus, mushrooms can all fuck off. Peas are shit. Beans are the devils own dangleberries.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Sprouts are ok raw, but not cooked. Marmite, spinach and goats cheese are rank. Blue cheese is shit. Offal belongs in a bin, especially black or white pudding. Courgette and aubergine can get to fuck.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:55 pm Broccoli, cauliflower, swede, cabbage, asparagus, mushrooms can all fuck off. Peas are shit. Beans are the devils own dangleberries.
Not a mushroom fan - don’t like the texture. Mushy soup is nice though, and truffles are epic.

Love broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, asparagus, peas, and every type of bean.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Don't know, never tried one.

It's not something I would consider buying for myself, and it's not something I would risk when eating out when there are probably lots of other things I would like, but if put on a plate in front of me I would eat it.

I generally don't like seafood at all though. A bit of cod or a tinned cod roe from the chippy are about as fishy as I'll go.

I don't like slimy slippery foods so oysters and muscles etc would be a big no no, I won't even eat something 'safe' like a bacon roll from a cafe because I'd have to dissect it and remove any rubbery fat. I prefer the American style of solid crispy bacon :oops:
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Another mushroom avoider here. Mainly the texture and the look, not so much the flavour. I'll eat a dish which has them in, I'll just pick them out and leave them on the side of the plate.
Cheers, Harry
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

The thing is Harry, tuna steak does not really taste like fish. You can buy pretty decent yellowfin steaks from Sainsburys, give one a go, I dare you!

I often seem to find them in the reduced meat section for some reason... I guess people are sceptical of non-tinned tuna. Take home, season, pan fry and stick on a bed of rocket with a reduced balsamic drizzle. Very quick, easy, healthy and delicious.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Celery is firmly on the list, along with courgettes. And that's fine by me.
However coffee and wine are also on the list. This annoys me as I know I'm missing out.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Given where you live and your love of red meat, you really are missing out on a glass of red to wash it down Dave.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I've stopped eating meat again, not because I don't like it but because my lefty snowflake conscience has been nagging at me :lol:. It's meant I've been re-evaluating some fruit and veggies that I wouldn't eat.

Bananas - disgusting, they're not food
Avocado - Gross
Cauliflower - minging
Aubergine - I have found exactly 3 ways I like aubergine now, otherwise still rank.

Tried Natto the other day - really, truly horrible.
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jesus you lot are special! Avocado, peas... bananas?! Christ.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I just let them to run with it, the nonsense they come out with is always epic :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It's not that weird to not like certain foods is it?
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

It's extremely weird not to like the list you've just posted bar probably cauliflower which is a common dislike. I don't know what Natto is.

A lot of people dislike mushrooms so that's relatively normal too but celery, beans and peas are again on the far end of the weird scale to actively dislike, rather than just be ambivalent about.

Basically many of you seem to have the palate of a 6 year old. /thread :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

You're one of those awful people who eats a banana on a train, taking just a couple of bites then wrapping the skin back over and putting it down on the little fold-down tray. Aren't you. You people don't know how offensive this is.

I didn't know cauliflower was widely disliked. It seems pretty innocuous even compared to green veg like broccoli. Hopefully cauli haters would consider eating this, because, well, why wouldn't you? It looks amazing (and tastes lovely just roasted):