NotoriousREV

Re: Idiots that don’t understand GDPR

Post by NotoriousREV »

I'm definitely taller.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

Is the panther black, or merely very dark brown?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:10 pm
dinny_g wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:08 pm This is like one of those vids on Youtube where a 20' Anaconda takes on a Panther in a fight to the death... :lol:
Who is which animal? Think carefully.
:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The panther is a member of the pussy family so it should represent the biggest cunt here.
How about not having a sig at all?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:04 pm The panther is a member of the pussy family so it should represent the biggest cunt here.
That'd be you, then.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Nah have some pretty big shoes to fill before I get that title ;)
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Right, I'm going to call it...

Jobbo is the Anaconda and Rev is the Panther...

The fight will be vicious, and violent but will eventually settle down into a mutual death grip scenario.

Jobbo points out that if Rev bites his head off, he will continue to constrict and therefore, will kill Rev eventually.

He, on the other hand, can continue to constrict and kill Rev without any damage to himself.

He will conclude, quite rightly, that as his death will result in the mutual death of both, Rev's death will only result in Rev's death. Thus, on a technicality, he will declare himself the winner and begin to slithter off.

Rev will neither agree nor disagree with this position because, unbeknownst to Jobbo, Rev has inflicted a tiny but fatal injury to Jobbo. He then just has to bide his time until Jobbo falls dead...
Last edited by dinny_g on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Several hours later, the forest is disturbed by the sound of breaking branches and a loud Thud - Jobbo the Anaconda is dead.

Rev, looks up from his snooze and mutters to himself - "Jobbo Is Correct ??? My fvcking hoop!!!"
Last edited by dinny_g on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

:lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Can you get GDPR from full sex with a woman ?

Dave!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

V8Granite wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:34 pm Can you get GDPR from full sex with a woman ?

Dave!
Pointless asking anyone on here :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I've been getting a lot of requests via a 3rd party service, deseat.me, which is a website that promises to help you find accounts and then request deletion of your data. I'd assumed it was just a system that let you track your requests and give you reminders when time was up etc. but having looked at it, it goes further than that.

First of all, it asks you to log in with either your GMail account or your Outlook account and then it starts asking for permission to do stuff:

So why does it need access to your Inbox? Well, because it then goes through and reads your mail to try and find the data to send off and manage your requests:

So, in order to protect their data, people are handing a company their login and password to their mail service. Fucking brilliant.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Phoned up Ford yesterday, had a long conversation handing over details.

Operator: And which Ford dealer did you buy the car from?
Me: I didn’t buy it from a Ford dealer, it was traded in at a third party dealer and I bought it from there
Operator: Ok, and can you tell me where in the country ‘Trade In’ is located?
Me: you what now?
Operator: YES, PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THIS COMPANY ‘TRADE IN’ IS LOCATED
Some time later
Operator: and can I ask that you are the person who’s name is on the V5?
Me: No
Operator: we can only talk to the person who’s name is on the V5, it’s due to the GDPR rules that have just come in
Me: *thinks, V5 isn’t proof of ownership, so that’s a fucking mis-interpretation. For fucks sake it took 5 minutes to explain the the term ‘Trade in’ wasn’t a fucking car dealership, I’m not having this argument* Speak to my partner then

:roll:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I just got an e-mail saying I have to do online training on GDPR and when I clicked the link I have to do a training module on online training before doing the online training! :geek:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

But no training on the training module? It sounds rather slapdash to me.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:18 am But no training on the training module? It sounds rather slapdash to me.
I will obviously get an adult to sit and help me through it. :)
Simon

Post by Simon »

I got a cheeky GDPR email from it-talent.co.uk to my personal email address (I don't give it out normally, but it's on top of my CV so had been scrapped by them). So clearly I'd never signed up to them.

They basically said 'We're not gonna ask for your permission to keep contacting you, even if you didn't sign up to our service in the first place. You can unsubscribe *here*'

Cheeky cunts. Considering I never signed up to their spam in the first place AND they had the cheek to say they weren't seeking permission to stay in touch, I feel a GDPR complaint is in order.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Simon wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:38 am I got a cheeky GDPR email from it-talent.co.uk to my personal email address (I don't give it out normally, but it's on top of my CV so had been scrapped by them). So clearly I'd never signed up to them.

They basically said 'We're not gonna ask for your permission to keep contacting you, even if you didn't sign up to our service in the first place. You can unsubscribe *here*'

Cheeky cunts. Considering I never signed up to their spam in the first place AND they had the cheek to say they weren't seeking permission to stay in touch, I feel a GDPR complaint is in order.
They'll probably try to either claim "Legitimate Interest" or PECR. Neither has been tested yet as far as I'm aware.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:36 pm
Simon wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:38 am I got a cheeky GDPR email from it-talent.co.uk to my personal email address (I don't give it out normally, but it's on top of my CV so had been scrapped by them). So clearly I'd never signed up to them.

They'll probably try to either claim "Legitimate Interest" or PECR. Neither has been tested yet as far as I'm aware.
Considering I never subscribed to their service in the first place, either of those is an unlikely defense.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Simon wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:33 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Considering I never subscribed to their service in the first place, either of those is an unlikely defense.
Unlikely to be found to be valid, yes. But they'll still try and use it. They'll say that they got your contact details from public domain yadda yadda. Shysters.
Middle-aged Dirtbag