The business world is a scam

Explosive Newt

The business world is a scam

Post by Explosive Newt »

Helping a friend’s management consultancy doing due diligence for a medical devices company. It’s mostly made up! They sort of guess how big markets will be, based on interviewing a bunch of people who are themselves probably making it up. And now someone in a suit will buy a company because they say it’s fine.

It’s all a gigantic swizz. I can’t believe this is how the world works.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: The business world is a scam

Post by Rich B »

Explosive Newt wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:41 am Helping a friend’s management consultancy doing due diligence for a medical devices company. It’s mostly made up! They sort of guess how big markets will be, based on interviewing a bunch of people who are themselves probably making it up. And now someone in a suit will buy a company because they say it’s fine.

It’s all a gigantic swizz. I can’t believe this is how the world works.
how else would it work? Particularly for working out the market for new products. Decisions have to be made!
mik

Post by mik »

See also : stock markets
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

That's market research - if you get it right because you do the right sort of sampling and make well thought-out predictions, you'll get a reputation for accuracy. You can't do that consistently by guesswork.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Explosive Newt wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:41 am It’s all a gigantic swizz. I can’t believe this is how the world works.
Its all one big pyramid/ponzi scheme !