Glasto

John

Re: Glasto

Post by John »

I caught bits here and there but really couldn’t get into it this year. Of the parts I watched I enjoyed Wolf Alice, Wet Leg and Supergrass for the nostalgia. I thought High Flying Birds were ok too.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

It was definitely a bit disappointing overall.

There were a few good points, Celeste was good and I enjoyed Billie Eilish. There was also was a bunch of performances which would have been great to see but didn't make it on iPlayer, like Bicep.
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

Just catching up of this today.
Managed to record a fair bit that was shown but also watching the stuff that failed to record.
Loved Sam Fender & thought (local to me) Blossoms were okish.
Diana Ross was shite and no idea why she was there.
I like a few of Yungbluds songs but switched him off after 2 mins.
Noel and his birds were great - was obvious he'd do the old Oasis tunes and glad he did. Class.
Need to watch Crowded House, Wet Leg and some of the other stuff too

I wasn't bothered about Paul Mc doing his parade of songs until I heard of his special guest. Dave Grohl flew in to join him on stage which I admit brought a tear to my eye. I presume it's the first time Dave Grohl has been on a big stage since Taylor Hawkins passing ? Amazing and (for me) an emotional couple of songs. This was followed by Bruce Springsteen ( like you do...) I'd have quite happily just watched the guests rather than the "headline" act!

There seems to be quite a bit missing from the iPlayer so fingers crossed they'll update it with some more acts today.
Cockwobble
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The thing I like about Glastonbury is how varied the lineup is and how much I can watch on the Beeb although some of the presenters this year...

I've enjoyed loads of them over the last few days, as has most of the family actually - Megan and Eilish are favs of my daughter for example. Not sure how they translate live - but I'm aware as a white man in his late 40s, I'm not the target audience for it.

I can see why Macca headlined given his cultural and musical significance - genuinely once in a generation stuff - but its when you then have him alongside (sort of) Macca, Pet Shop Boys, Noel Gallagher etc near the top of the bill, it doesn't seem right? Much as I love Noel's solo stuff, he's not done any new music in ages, so surely they could have found someone else for that slot before Macca? Other than just reverting to Noel to finish on some Oasis songs and get the crowd buzzing?

Anyone and everyone seems to be touring at the moment, so I'm not sure if that made things easier or more difficult when it came to getting the lineup together.

What did I like? Wet Leg; Macca; Foals; Inhaler; Supergrass. Need to watch Squid, Jack White, St Vincent.. I'm sure there's others on there I'll give a go.

Watched some of Yves Tumour who I saw supporting Nine Inch Nails a couple of weeks ago and it just seemed to confirm that yes, their sound man definitely doesn't want you to hear their vocalist. Instead, just let him distract you by prancing about in an ass-less leather posing pouch.
Cheers,

Mike.
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

It is a brilliant way of finding new stuff to listen to, the variety is all part of it. Now whether some old acts should be wheeled out past their sell by date though.....
Hope Supergrass is on the iplayer!

Just found Jesus & Mary Chain were on ... that's next, and if they play "April Skies" I'll be chuffed 8-) 8-)
Cockwobble
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

davecG60 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:17 pm It is a brilliant way of finding new stuff to listen to, the variety is all part of it. Now whether some old acts should be wheeled out past their sell by date though.....
Hope Supergrass is on the iplayer!

Just found Jesus & Mary Chain were on ... that's next, and if they play "April Skies" I'll be chuffed 8-) 8-)
I can totally see the point of having some of those older acts there for a mainstream choice on one of the nights on the main stage. You can put someone like Foo Fighters on, they'll play two hours and they're going to put on a great show, play loads of hits, everyone will dance and sing around and have a great night that most people will enjoy whether in-person or on the TV (whether they'll admit it or not).
Cheers,

Mike.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Went through a bit of the catch up stuff at the weekend, Supergrass were great, but then they were very much a band of my youth so I knew every song. Thought they still sounded good though in comparison to a lot of the old stuff.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Supergrass are a great band really
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

All the haters are miserable sods and AICMFP. Plenty for everyone on a line up that big. Takes me about a week to get through it all even listening 8hrs a day at work. One of the best things about the beeb IMO. Current highlights not mentioned by others yet are Jamie T and Four Tet.

Btw if you thought the presenter with the red hair was irritating on the telly, he's even more irritating on the radio :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Watched Years and Years’ set now. That’s great too. Clearly I just like the overtly sexual performances 😂