Law of the Sod

drcarlos

Law of the Sod

Post by drcarlos »

Haven't been into the office in a few weeks, had a lovely drive in and was lookin forward to an open topped drive home.

Got a phone call from the wife at lunch to tell me that the van has broken down (lunched the gearbox mount again by the sounds of it which means the casing is shagged and a new box is needed), 3rd time it's broken in 2 years when I've been in the office rather than at home and able to assist.

I'd changed an ABS sensor last weekend which didn't cure the light on situation and it has several creeping maladies (it's generally flogged being ex-GPO) which are likely be a bit spendy meaning I had to have quite a talk with the wife about what we do about it.
The business seems to be making good money and we need an expense write off for this year so it seems a new van is in order.
I'll miss the little shitbox though, it was cheap to buy, got good MPG (will have to Syphon the tank as she'd only just put £85 in it), we didn't have to worry about damage as it's tatty anyway and served it's purpose well.
John

Re: Law of the Sod

Post by John »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:58 pm(it's generally flogged being ex-GPO)
Wow, it must be old ;)
drcarlos

Re: Law of the Sod

Post by drcarlos »

John wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:13 pm
drcarlos wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:58 pm(it's generally flogged being ex-GPO)
Wow, it must be old ;)
08 :lol: , force of habit now as I know 2 guys that kept calling them that and I just adopted the saying.

2 x 12mm bolts sheared off the top of the gearbox and it's dropped again. There should be 3 but one hole is toast so the repair could only be made with 2 bolts, it isn't strong enough with the tracks the wife has to use 3 times a week.
Replacement time now.