Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: I can make you feel old

Post by Rich B »

All of them.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gavster wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:33 am Which century are the twenties in?

:shock:
Had just this today in the Drs. Girl who worked in the pub for many years as a glass collector, aged 16, came in and her birthday was March 2000.

Saying this someone yesterday couldnt believe I wasnt 50 yet :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Broccers on Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jokes on you, I already feel old.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I work with colleagues that weren't born when I started working for this company :lol:
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Barry wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:58 pm I work with colleagues that weren't born when I started working for this company :lol:
Yes, me too, and it’s obviously only going to get worse.
Left over crest; tightens.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

A mate's kid called me uncle. My life flashed before my eyes :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

The oldest in my team could be my dad, and he could be the grandad of the youngest.

Thinking about it, I could be the dad of the youngest if I'd had a child at 18. That's... Scary.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

People in their 20s were born this century FFS.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:09 pm A mate's kid called me uncle. My life flashed before my eyes :lol:
:lol: As somehow I identify you as the young upstart on here that makes me fucking cry inside :lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

You don’t need to make me feel old, my joints are doing a grand job of that by themselves 😂
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

DeskJockey wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:27 pm The oldest in my team could be my dad, and he could be the grandad of the youngest.

Thinking about it, I could be the dad of the youngest if I'd had a child at 18. That's... Scary.
I'm the oldest person in my team by a massive margin. The next oldest is 31 and that's young enough to be my daughter. :shock:
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Scott and I have just spent the weekend away racing with our new (ish) spanner man and his girlfriend, and the "oh fuck, how old are we" moments came thick and fast.

Two that spring immediately to mind:

- me referring to climbing out of the window of the Mini as "Duke of Hazzard"-style and getting completely blank looks
- Amy listing all her mum's ailments and general indications of decrepitude. She's 4 years younger than Scott and I.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

On a call yesterday one of my colleagues talked about going into a record shop to buy a Glasto ticket - something the younger people on the call didn't know was ever a thing - "about 20 years ago". When she checked it was actually 1993 😭
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Gavster wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:40 am On a call yesterday one of my colleagues talked about going into a record shop to buy a Glasto ticket - something the younger people on the call didn't know was ever a thing - "about 20 years ago". When she checked it was actually 1993 😭
Bring back those halcyon days, when you had to put the effort in to get a ticket, but at least you were still master of your own destiny and stood a chance. Unlike today's scam-filled wallet-raping shitfest.

It was our boy's lower school sprts day on Tues. Christ did I feel every one of my 44yrs as I lined up for the Dad's egg & spoon race with my back twingeing and busting for a pee :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Gavster wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:40 am On a call yesterday one of my colleagues talked about going into a record shop to buy a Glasto ticket - something the younger people on the call didn't know was ever a thing - "about 20 years ago". When she checked it was actually 1993 😭
I remember going to ripping records in edinburgh for gig tickets up to about 15 years ago.

Also remember queuing for my first T in the park tickets in like 97 though. Someone on my team at work was born that year.
An absolute unit
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

My mates daughter had a baby in April, she's the same age as my eldest. My mate is only 1 week older than me and a grandad. At least I'm not reminded of it daily though.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

I graduated from my PhD last weekend and a (junior) colleague graduated from their masters this weekend, reminding me of my masters 10 years ago.

It could have made me feel old but made me realise we are all on a similar journey, just at different points.

Which was nice.